PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Gligar

Pig on the Wing
28th November 2003, 10:37 AM
I'm probably going to start training a Gligar. How do you get a Gligar with Earthquake? I know you need to use Pokemon Stadium 2 but what do you need to do to get it?

Also, what's my set like:

Gligar - Earthquake/HP(Rock)/Slash/Guillotine

Also - if I got a male Gligar with Earthquake of PS2, would I be able to breed it to get a baby Gligar with Earthquake?

Thank you people.

P.S. On a completely unrelated subject - what's a good Sneasel moveset?

EDIT: The Sneasel thing

andyizcool
28th November 2003, 01:41 PM
You need to complete Round 1 on PS2 by getting all the Cups and Gym Leader Castle then move onto Round 2 doing the same. You'll win a Gligar with Earthquake at the end of it and it could be male or female but it's random. You can't breed this Earthquake move onto any other Gligars so this is why this Pokemon is so rare.

~Andrew

Number1ChanseyFan
28th November 2003, 03:20 PM
Ok, andyizcool explained how to get a Gligar with Earthquake. I'll give you a moveset for it, this is pretty standard

Gligar

Earthquake
Wing Attack
Counter
Screech
@Leftovers.

And now for the Sneasel moveset...

Sneasel

Return
Shadow Ball
Counter
Screech/Rest
@Leftovers.

titandude21
28th November 2003, 04:50 PM
gligar: use #1CF's set

sneasel @ leftovers
shadow ball
dynamicpunch
counter
moonlight (pcny)/return/filler

Strider
28th November 2003, 06:33 PM
Here's a slight variation for the Sneasel set...

Dynamic punch
Reflect/Return
Thief/Rest
Shadow Ball
With Leftovers

The Gligar set provided by N1CF is great; however, keeping Guillotine, perhaps over Screech, is an option you could keep open there.

Linux
28th November 2003, 09:48 PM
wtf, guillotine over screech d00d X(

sneasel would work well with counter or protect or some **** like that =O

Pig on the Wing
29th November 2003, 04:08 AM
Thank people.

I've started using the Sneasel - but I've a little confusion with Gligar.

Number1Chansey Fan suggested

Earthquake
Wing Attack
Counter
Screech
@Leftovers

But if you can't breed Earthquake, how do you get Wing Attack on it as I refuse to buy/use a cheat cartdridge? Explain please.

Number1ChanseyFan
29th November 2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Snorlax19
Thank people.

I've started using the Sneasel - but I've a little confusion with Gligar.

Number1Chansey Fan suggested

Earthquake
Wing Attack
Counter
Screech
@Leftovers

But if you can't breed Earthquake, how do you get Wing Attack on it as I refuse to buy/use a cheat cartdridge? Explain please.

When you get the Earthquake Gligar from Pokémon Stadium 2, it will also know Wing Attack. It will have this moveset when you receive it...

Earthquake
Wing Attack
Poison Sting
Counter

GoldDraconian
29th November 2003, 09:21 AM
If you want a Sneasel with counter, you should probably use Shadow Ball/Dynamicpunch or Return/Counter/Reflect. It's not especially durable, so Reflect increases your chances of actually living through an attack so you can Counter it.

SupremeChampion
29th November 2003, 06:09 PM
i agree. reflect would prolly help a lot, especially if you want to use counter. but, if you don't want to put it in your moveset, then have another poké use reflect then switch to sneasel.

~The Italian Stallion

andyizcool
30th November 2003, 05:03 AM
Sneasel looks very weak and can easily be taken out but with the right trainer he could take out quite a lot of Pokemon using some good movesets. You're right Reflect is needed for Sneasel and other Pokemon with such low defence because the Pokemon with low defence are sometimes good for battling.

~Andrew