PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Seriousness...

Cheesey
28th November 2003, 01:15 PM
For one thing, yes I do know that my title isn't actually a word. And another thing, I'm trying to be serious so I'm not going to use any smilies in this poll! Shock horror!

[1] Are you often a serious person, IRL or OL?
[2] Are you often rude to other people?
[3] If someone does something wrong are you quick to correct them?
[4] Are you the sort of person who wants everything to be 'just right'?
[5] Do you friends/family like your general attitude or not?

~*~

[1] I'm not serious at all in either, really. Online I'm very outgoing and quite easy to talk to (I think) but in real life I might seem a bit uptight. I guess thats because I don't really socialize.

[2] No, I'm not rude. I'm just eally bad at carrying on conversations, but I usually find something to talk about online. I'm a lot more open on the internet, which I guess is good.

[3] I honestly couldn't care less, because everyone makes mistakes. Besides, its not as if I'd bother talking to most people in the first place because they probably wouldn't want to talk.

[4] No. I usually have some minor problems in my work and stuff that people point out to me, so thats good anyway. If I've done something really well I'm proud, but I'm not bothered about whether it's perfect or not.

[5] My parents don't really talk to me, and my sisters like it because I'm laid back when I talk to them. They're the only people who are like friends to me, so I can talk openly to them.

Et Infinitum
28th November 2003, 01:33 PM
[1] Are you often a serious person, IRL or OL? Not really, it depends who I'm talking to and what about.
[2] Are you often rude to other people? It's in my nature, as bad as it might be. ^^
[3] If someone does something wrong are you quick to correct them? Yes. X_x
[4] Are you the sort of person who wants everything to be 'just right'? No. o.o
[5] Do you friends/family like your general attitude or not? I doubt it. XD

Aipom Of Doom
28th November 2003, 01:55 PM
[1] I'm serious sometimes IRL with school and stuff. online I'm not usually serious =p.
[2] Nah... only on the internet and only if they're rude to me first.
[3] Really depends what for and how they act about it :o.
[4] Not really... with some things I do but most things don't have to be perfect
[5] Yeah. My family doesn't like me liking TPM a lot, but that's their problem >=O.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
28th November 2003, 02:03 PM
-Well, not exactly, I tend to make a joke out of almost everything... I was even laughing at my aunt's funeral last year... (don't think I am rude for that...) I had good reason to laugh... But, I am actually pretty serious too... I am capable of having big serious in depth conversations with people....

-I don't try to be... I try to be pretty polite, but if someone is rude to me then they are darn well going to get it back x20...

-Nope... I have lots of friends who aren't really good at speaking English, and if I spent all my time correcting there mistakes, I would never get a chance to talk with them about anything else...

-Not really...

-It depends which attitude they get a chance to see... My online friends like my attitude, because they usually get to see the real me... But, my family doesn't always like my attitude because they are rude to me a lot, therefore causing me to be rude in return....

titandude21
28th November 2003, 02:38 PM
1. most of the time, no... only when it's necessary

2. if they piss (hope i can use that here) me off first, then i'll be rude to them (here me telemarketers and spam e-mailers). if they don't do anything to me, i won't do anything to them

3. if they ask for help i will

4. for me, yeah... for others, i don't really care

5. i have no social life or people skills, so that automatically qualifies as a no

DarkTemplarZ
28th November 2003, 07:11 PM
1) I never take anything seriously lol. I think that's one of my better qualities :)
2) If they're annoying me, then I'll be rude. Pretty much, I'd do that if I had a good reason
3) Sometimes, depends what it is.
4) If it's homework or something like that then yea, otherwise minor problems are ok.
5) Yea they do. My dad thinks I'm a bit too positive on stuff ^_^ I'd think he'd be happy about that since my sister's always calling home because she's upset.

mistysakura
28th November 2003, 10:51 PM
I'm quite a serious person in both, although I'm a lot more easy-going in MSN.

No...

It depends how wrong it is. I can be really picky sometimes (e.g. my writing. I'm really serious about that.) Sometimes though, I think I'm being too bossy and don't correct people at all, to disastrous results. (I am going to die when our teacher puts that horrendous piece of writing (thanks to my partner in the group project) on the wall. And she said she would.)

Sometimes I think I'm being really picky, and I know i'm a perfectionist when it comes to things I actually care about.

Yeah, my friends do. My mom doesn't, though. She thinks I have an attitude problem; well, I do have one with her, mainly because she has one with me as well (ie. she says I have an attitude problem every time I talk to her.)

nightcrow
29th November 2003, 03:34 AM
:wave:

1. I guess I could say I am quite a serious person. Yeah I do have my moments of complete stupidity and immaturity, but who doesn't honestly?
2. I don't think I am too rude to other people. Unless of course if it's online, yeah I might be rude every once in a while. *shrug*
3. I sometimes correct people, especially while writing or talking. It depends on the mistake really.
4. The guys that sit with me in art class have deemed me Miss Perfectionest, but I don't think that's really true. I am willing to let things slide even if they're not perfect.
5. Sometimes my parents yell at me for being a rude, moody b*tch... but I guess that's all part of growing up :) My friends have never mentioned anything negative about my personality.

Azure Pathos-Sketchit
29th November 2003, 08:27 AM
[1] Only when it comes to things like work and school.

[2] No, people are often rude to me....

[3] Eh, not really because I might be wrong too.

[4] Hmm....it kinda depends on the situation, but generally not.

[5] My parents absolutely can't stand my pessimism and inferiority complex. My dad thinks I'm a messy slob. A little dust in my room and a few misplaced things here and there, and he calls that messy? I'm surprised that, for a guy, he's such a neat freak. Plus, he blames me for a lot of things. *sigh* But the rest of my family doesn't see me that way, and they love me. :)

Lady Vulpix
29th November 2003, 03:29 PM
[1] I take the things I do seriously, but I'm laughing all the time, and I'm generally quite cheerful.
[2] No, or at least I try not to.
[3] Yes, I make corrections before I notice I'm making them. I've spent years trying to hold myself from making corrections to people who don't like them.
[4] Yes, I always try to do things right. I'm more tolerant with the mistakes of others than with mine. If I make a mistake, I deal with it but, unless it's something irrelevant (like a typo or somehing of the sort), I don't feel well at the fact I messed up. I'm also trying to learn not to be so affected by those things. As for receiving corrections, as long as their intention is good, they're welcome. They help me do things better.
[5] My general attitude towards life? Yes, most of them like it (except for a few who think I'm too immature just for having a positive view, but I don't care that much about them, I just feel sorry for them). As for the correction thing, some take it well and some don't, that's why I'm trying to avoid it when it's not wanted. I must point out that noting and/or correcting a mistake doesn't affect my view on the person who made it at all, moreover I don't normally pay atention to who made the mistake.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st December 2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Cheesey

I serously try not to be serious. Even at school, I try to insert jokes everywhere. For example, when we have a test, we can't take papers outside the classroom. But I tend to draw stuff on those papers and it's quite refreshing to see a drawing inside an outline which contains an essay of 6/6 points made by me.

Also, when arguing with people, I keep on joking, even if the other person is about to get a fit of rage. And even if I am really sad or angry myself, a stupid joke may turn up from my mouth.

Some people take my jokes seriously, so you could say I am rude every time I make a joke.

Sometimes. I am quite awake when it comes to school, videogames, Japanese or other things I know something about but I just can't point out every single mistake. It would be boring.

Not every single thing, but I must admit I try to be perfectionist when I post at TPM, some strange times when I study, when I play videogames and even when I am cleaning up. But my definition for the word 'perfection' is another thing.

Generally they do not complain so much.

But, for instance, I was doing pizza yesterday, and my replacement family father was quite mad because I tried to do it my way, even though I actually didn't know how to do it, and I didn't ask for advice. My pizzas failed, though the second one was better than the first one. But now I am going to make more pizzas so that I learn how to do them. Perfectly in the meaning I use that word.

Wergoheb
1st December 2003, 02:29 PM
[1] Are you often a serious person, IRL
nope...
or OL?
also a giant no.

OL... all the time. At all other times, only if they deserve it.
sometimes... But for the most part i will stand by and laugh at them, and not tell them why

only about certian things. Sometimes i am near Obsessive compulsive, other times i could care less. I very well may be Bi-Polar ^~^

they all know i am a jerk... but that's fine by me. I have my charm, and i am probably more giving than i need to be