29th November 2003, 01:42 AM
Evs are in the order: HP/ATT/DEF/SPD/SA/SD

Gardevoir
Attachment: Leftovers/Lum Berry
Personality: Calm
Trait: Synchronize
Moves: Psychic/HP [Dark]/Will-O-Wisp/Calm Mind
Ev's:146/0/0/252/0/112

I'm not sure about the attachment - gardy's special staying power is very good for a psychic, so leftovers would help, but if it gets paralyzed/poisoned its kinda screwed, and synchronize works well with lum berry as well. HP Dark is for killing alakazams/claydols/anything psychic, I might replace it with shadow ball, if someone can tell me how much att it needs for a 2HKO on a no defence kazam. I didn't give it any defence EV's because it isn't going to be taking too many physical attacks, and if it does have to hopefully I will be faster and I can burn it.

Walrein
Attachment: Leftovers
Personality: Modest
Trait: Thick Fat
Moves: Ice Beam/HP [Electric]/Toxic/Rest
EV's:252/0/126/0/0/130

This guy is meant to be quite tanky and stall - with 420 HP and 240 defences it should be able to. It also gets sexy STAB ice beam, and with HP electric it has a nice attacking combo. I may replace HP with surf though - it will help with metagrosses. Toxic because this team is mostly based on stalling I guess.

Hariyama
Personality: Adamant
Moves: Cross Chop/Frustration/Bulk Up/Rest
EV's: 6/0/252/0/0/252

Sexyama. Its very underated, it gets stab on cc with a 300 attack and its 215ish defences with a 430 HP are nice. Frustration because I don't want to use too many HP's on one team, and I want hari to at least be able to hit sala/gyara. Maybe chesto berry over leftovers?

Claydol
Personality: Impish
Trait: Levitate
Moves: Earthquake/Toxic/Light Screen/Explosion
EV's: 252/0/130/0/0/128

This guy needs all the HP it can get. It usually just sits around and stalls things before exploding in regices face. Light screen because I don't have a blissey-like SD monster.

Dusclops
Trait: Pressure
Moves: Ice Beam/Calm Mind/Will-O-Wisp/Rest
EVs:252/0/108/0/42/108

This guy can stall like crazy. I tried the night shade/wisp/confuse rsy/protect one, but it didn't work too well for me. The only battle I've used this in, it ended up sweeping three pokemon before dying to a CH :(

Skarmory
Trait: Sturdy
Moves: Drill Peck/Roar/Toxic/Spikes
EV's:252/52/136/6/0/64

Skarmory is here because I have nothing to kill metagross with. This can't kill it either, but it can absorb anything meta does and lay out spikes. Magnetons are slipping out of use a little again, but I still roar the first time skarm comes in just to make sure it doesn't get trapped.

This team has no speed, but I haven't found it too much of a problem (although I've only battled twice with it :P) since I'm used to battling in a GSC stall fest type way. I;d like another poke that can deal with meta, but I don't know what to remove (not walrein :()

andyizcool
29th November 2003, 04:39 AM
Gardevoir
Attachment: Lum Berry

Walrein
Moves: Ice Beam/HP [Electric]/Surf/Rest

Hariyama

Claydol
Moves: Earthquake/Reflect/Light Screen/Explosion

Dusclops

Skarmory

I like the way you've done this team and having HP Electric on Walrein is a good idea for beating those Gyarados that try to take out your whole team. I haven't changed much stuff because this team is pretty good to begin with.

~Andrew

titandude21
29th November 2003, 03:41 PM
gardevoir: t-bolt over hp dark, put hp dvs in sa

walrein: surf over hp electric/toxic

hariyama: you won't have too many hps... hp rock for flying or hp ghost for ghosts

claydol: ok

dusclops: ok

skarm: max defense, protect/rest over drill peck is optional

GoldDraconian
7th December 2003, 07:20 PM
Obligatory omg silverpersian wtf

Gardevoir
Attachment: Leftovers/Lum Berry

I'm not sure about the attachment - gardy's special staying power is very good for a psychic, so leftovers would help, but if it gets paralyzed/poisoned its kinda screwed, and synchronize works well with lum berry as well. HP Dark is for killing alakazams/claydols/anything psychic, I might replace it with shadow ball, if someone can tell me how much att it needs for a 2HKO on a no defence kazam. I didn't give it any defence EV's because it isn't going to be taking too many physical attacks, and if it does have to hopefully I will be faster and I can burn it.

Shadow Ball is a 2HKO with no Attack EVs. You need a +ATK personality to be OHKOing Zam with it, though.

My only concern with Gardevoir would be whether or not it has enough SpAtk to do its job, but it still has 280-some Special Attack, and it carries Calm Mind, so as long as it's working...

Walrein
Moves: Ice Beam/HP [Electric]/Toxic/Rest

This guy is meant to be quite tanky and stall - with 420 HP and 240 defences it should be able to. It also gets sexy STAB ice beam, and with HP electric it has a nice attacking combo. I may replace HP with surf though - it will help with metagrosses. Toxic because this team is mostly based on stalling I guess.

I would personally go with Surf over Toxic, but then, I've never been able to tolerate stalling in RS. But then, only about 248 Special Attack...

Hariyama

Sexyama. Its very underated, it gets stab on cc with a 300 attack and its 215ish defences with a 430 HP are nice. Frustration because I don't want to use too many HP's on one team, and I want hari to at least be able to hit sala/gyara. Maybe chesto berry over leftovers?

I would think that Leftovers would do more for you, especially since he's slow... You don't really need to Bulk Up more than a few times unless you get a good window for it, so I don't see Chestorest being great. Frustration is fine.

Claydol
Moves: Earthquake/Toxic/Light Screen/Explosion

This guy needs all the HP it can get. It usually just sits around and stalls things before exploding in regices face. Light screen because I don't have a blissey-like SD monster.

Fine.

Dusclops

This guy can stall like crazy. I tried the night shade/wisp/confuse rsy/protect one, but it didn't work too well for me. The only battle I've used this in, it ended up sweeping three pokemon before dying to a CH

Why Calm and not Bold? Calm Mind boosts SpDef more reliably than WOW covers their Attack stat...

Skarmory

Skarmory is here because I have nothing to kill metagross with. This can't kill it either, but it can absorb anything meta does and lay out spikes. Magnetons are slipping out of use a little again, but I still roar the first time skarm comes in just to make sure it doesn't get trapped.

I'm not sure that the Special Defense EVs will make much of a difference... Magneton still pulls off an OHKO on you more than half the time unless it has 280-ish SpAtk or less. 349 is a OHKO. I realize that sometimes Skarmory takes Special attacks from non-Magnetons, but you might as well give it enough EVs to live through an attack if you boost it at all.

This team has no speed, but I haven't found it too much of a problem (although I've only battled twice with it ) since I'm used to battling in a GSC stall fest type way. I;d like another poke that can deal with meta, but I don't know what to remove (not walrein )

Walrein is :cool:.
You already have two WOWers plus Skarm... The only thing I can think of offhand that you could add would be Swampert or Gyarados, maybe Weezing, probably over Claydol. I don't think you should need it though... :no: