PDA

View Full Version : Tree's a crowd!

Rocketboy
29th November 2003, 01:49 PM
Well what did you think of this episode? I thought it was pretty good. It was great seeing all those Treecko's. And Ash thought that James stole Cacnea -_-'. I remember a while back at the Serebii.net forums that we were talking about what James would get and I said Ash would think they stole it then someone told me off, but I guess I was right.

I'm getting off topic, so Disscusions etc.

9/10

Chris 2.1
29th November 2003, 02:21 PM
It was avarage. I kinda didn't like the way the epiode was laid out....May, Max and Brock were hardly in it. I suppose it was Ok, but it felt empty.

7/10. Animation good, Cacnea excellent.

Also, Treecko acts ignorant in the next few eps despite all the help ash gave him this episode.

Water Pokemon Master
29th November 2003, 02:37 PM
The episode adapters messed up again. In the first ep, May says Treeko is creepy and in today's ep, she says they're cute. What's with the change of heart?

I liked this ep alot. I missed the first ep because I was asleep, so I am hoping WB airs it Friday. I didn't really like Cacnea's voice, and thought it would be a little less high-pitched. Wonder what it will sound like if it ever evolves into Cacturne. It should probably have an evil voice for that.

Anyways, I give it a 9.99999993945 out of 10.

Fett One
29th November 2003, 04:30 PM
It was a decent episode. I thought it was stupid at the end when Ash asked treecko if it wanted to join him. He already captured it so why would he go ask it for permission afterwards.

Gravy
29th November 2003, 06:48 PM
Treecko just sounds crappy. Its supposed to sound tough and bad ***, not like a 2 year old on helium!...me is not pleased. From now on, I shall refer to it as 'Treacle'.
Anyways, apart from Treecko's dreadful voice, this episode was pretty good.
Haruka and Masato arguing all the time is going to be great fun. Sibling rivalry ahoy!
I admire Treecko's passion and determination to protect its life-long home, even though it knew the odds of it surviving were slim to none. I liked its rebelious attitude toward the others of its kind too.
Taillow is being used as a scouter....gee, how unpredictable.
The scene with Treecko in the balloon with TR was highly amusing, hitting them in the face and jumping around like that. Cacnea was just careless with the balloon thing.
The battle between Treecko was promising at the start, but Pika once again KO'd a pokémon way too quickly.
All in all, good episode, but I officialy hate the voices of all the new pokémon in the twerps group now (yes, that includes Torchic :P ), not that my opinion counts >_>;
7/10

Kojiro
29th November 2003, 07:30 PM
Maybe they will make his voice more deeper as the series progressed. Canea has a good voice atleast, and Seviper has a good one too and keeps some of his Japanese in tact.

Gravy
29th November 2003, 07:34 PM
Well, I suppose you have a point about Cacnea and Seviper...although, I have a funny feeling they'll end up robbing it of its 'rasberries'....

Reality
29th November 2003, 10:36 PM
The episode was alright. It got a bit annoying near the end, Treeko's voice isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer =P.

But I loved the drawings when Max was like, "I didn't say I didn't want to eat it!" And then he puts the food up to the top right. That looked cute ^__^;;. Hes kinda chubby =]

I can see that Treeko will be an annoying addition, I think Ash should just stick to Taillow. =P

AKA Pokemon Fan
30th November 2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Fett One
It was a decent episode. I thought it was stupid at the end when Ash asked treecko if it wanted to join him. He already captured it so why would he go ask it for permission afterwards.
Because he cares about his Pokemon's feelings. Treeko had agreed to a battle, not to be captured.

And really, what is so wrong with Treeko's vocie????:confused: I mean its a little gecko, what did you expect, a Charizard roar? Anything but a somewhat high voice just wouldn't have looked right.

Gravy wrote
The battle between Treecko was promising at the start, but Pika once again KO'd a pokémon way too quickly.
I think its pretty justifiable. As future episodes show Pikachu is far stronger than Treeko is right now. This is also shown by Treeko continually bashing Pikachu only to have Pikachu get right back up, hardly hurt and angry.

Light_Togetic
1st December 2003, 04:19 PM
I didn't mind this episode too much, but the tree saying "thank you" kinda freaked me out. I was talking to my cousins at the time it was on, and when I looked up the tree was splitting in half. Then when I looked up again, it was growing really big... Then when I looked up the last time, it was back to in half... Then Ash says 'I think it was saying thank you!'... :confused: Wha?? Maybe I'm just being stupid...

Anyway, Treecko was alright. I agree about the voice thing. I don't like how all the Hoenn starters have high-pitched voices. The Kanto starters were very different sounding; but the voices for the new pokemon seem to be less and less unique. I think Treecko should have sounded lower and rougher. Not a Charizard roar, but certainly not a like little girl.

Cacnea is my second favorite Hoenn pokemon! It's nice to see James using a pokemon for battle instead of Smokescreen.

An okay episode, nothing compared to the TR one before it though... 6/10.