PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Rmt :D

Pig
30th November 2003, 02:09 PM
this team needs lots of help, and i need suggestions for my last slot :O.

Lapras~Leftovers
Body Slam
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Surf/Hydro Pump

Meganium~nothing
Iron Tail
Body Slam
Synthesis
Razor Leaf

Tyranitar~King's Rock
Crunch
Rock Slide
Sandstorm
Thrash

Scizor~X accuracy
Metal Claw
Steel Wing
Cut(i dont want this here)
Swords Dance

Snorlax~Leftovers
Snore
Rest
Body Slam
Rollout

i have some good tm's in my pack at the moment: Solar beam, Giga drain, Earthquake, Psychic, Icy wind & Toxic.

i'd be greatful for any suggestions.

Strider
30th November 2003, 05:20 PM
Your Lapras set is good. Keeping Surf or Hydro Pump is a matter of preference here. Some will say that it is best to keep Hydro Pump for the high damage ratio, regardless of accuracy and PP; but if you want to play it safe and still have a fairly strong move, then go for Surf. Of course, Lapras does get the attack bonus for either Surf or Hydro Pump.

For Meganium, get rid of Iron Tail and replace it with Giga Drain. There are other options available too, such as Earthquake, Leech Seed and Light Screen. Personally, I'd go for something like:

Earthquake
Leech Seed
Giga Drain/Light Screen/Body Slam
Razor Leaf
With Leftovers

Now Tyranitar... replace Sandstorm with Earthquake, and Thrash with either Rest or Ancient Power. I'd suggest AP, since you could get some nice stat boosts and cause the opponent a good amount of damage in the process. But if you don't want either, there is always Fire Blast or Thunder Bolt to use. Again here, I'd go for something like:

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Ancient Power
Rest/Thunderbolt
With leftovers

Scizor now... I suggest replacing Cut with either Baton Pass or HP Bug. If you don't want to have Scizor as a BPasser, and don't want HP Bug, then there's always Return (or Frustration) to fill in that space. As well, you could stand to lose Metal Claw, since you already have one Steel-type attack and Steel Wing being strongest of the two. So you could fill that in with HP Bug/Return if you opt for Baton Pass over Cut, or just Return/HP Bug over Cut and Metal Claw if you choose not to use Baton Pass. As with the others, attach leftovers.

Now for Snorlax... I'd suggest replacing Rollout with Self-Destruct, and replacing Snore as well. You have a few choices for that: Counter, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Curse and Double Edge. I would use something such as:

Rest
Self-Destruct/Counter
Earthquake/Curse
Double Edge/Body Slam
With leftovers

Seeing above, you have a good selection of moves to customize your Snorlax for different situations.

Now for the last slot. I would suggest a Heal Beller for this team, so putting in Blissey is an option. If you opt to do so, then you could use:

Heal Bell
Softboiled
Light Screen
Thunderbolt/Psychic
With Leftovers

Somewhat standard heal beller set.

Aside from the 2x weakness to fire, your team is good. Hope this was of any help.

Shinji Ikari
30th November 2003, 08:07 PM
My suggestion and 2 yen...

Lapras is good, like Strider said, Surf and Hydropump are a mnatter of preference...
Altough for an alternate moveset:

Lapras@Leftovers
Whirlpool
Perish Song
Protect
Confuse Ray

Trap with Whirlpool, then Perish song, Protect away...

Meganium@Leftovers/Miracleberry
Body Slam
Synthesis
Razor Leaf/Giga Drain
Ancientpower/Earthquake/Light Screen

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Standard...

Scizor@ Leftovers
Steel Wing
Swords Dance
Baton Pass/HP Bug
Double Team/Agility

Main rule of Pokémon Moveset is to NEVER use two moves of the same type unless they work differently (ex: Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave)... Also, X Accuracy does absolutely nothing when attached...

Snorlax@Leftovers/Mint Berry
Curse
Rest
Body Slam/Return/Double Edge
Earthquake/Shadow Ball

Standard Curselax... or if you want a variant...

Snorlax@Leftovers/Mint berry
Belly Drum
Rest
Body Slam/Return
Earthquake/Shadow Ball

And for the last, maybe a Fire or Psychic type or evel a Standard Machamp...type...

3x weakness to Fire (Meganium, 2x Scizor)
3x Fighting weakness (2x Tyranitar, Snorlax)

Pig
1st December 2003, 10:38 AM
k, i changed a couple of pokemon:

Meganium
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Synthesis
Body Slam
-I think that works really well

Tyranitar
Crunch
Rock Slide
Toxic
Earthquake
-better now :o

i added a dragonite to my team also, i need a bit of help with him.

Dragonite
Surf
Thunder Wave
Agility
Slam

Green_Pikachu
26th December 2003, 02:33 PM
Lapras~Leftovers
Body Slam
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Surf/Hydro Pump

go with surf in the last slot. pretty standard.

Meganium~nothing
Iron Tail
Body Slam
Synthesis
Razor Leaf

omg iron tail? go leech seed or something. :(

Tyranitar~King's Rock
Crunch
Rock Slide
Sandstorm
Thrash

thrash? are you mad?! sandstorm?! you're making me cry. go with earthquake + an elemental attack over those 2.

Scizor~X accuracy
Metal Claw
Steel Wing
Cut(i dont want this here)
Swords Dance

dear lord. drop both your first attacks for hp bug, and i suppose wing attack. Then...maybe get agility on there? If you don't want a baton passer, might as well agility + swords dance, and then just attack. although that's a lot of setup for a pokemon that gets toasted by a non-stab ember.

Snorlax~Leftovers
Snore
Rest
Body Slam
Rollout

omg. :( drop snore and rollout. maybe go sleeptalk and earthquake/shadow ball in those places? yes, thats it. sleep talk and quake/sball. mwahaha.

maybe go with a flyer. zapdos, dragonite, articuno, etc. not much heracross/machamp defense. it's an alright team with decent sets. this is an in-game team, i believe, due to the lack of multiple TM moves and semi-item clause. pretty good defenses. i'm sure you can do better with the sets even though it's ingame. ;/