PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Are these the BEST???

Metal Claw
31st December 2002, 06:08 PM
After lots of 'net research...I've heard that a Mewtwo with the set:

Mewtwo:
PsychicThunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
And a Tauros with this set:
Earthquake
Fissure
Horn Drill
Hyper Beam/Blizzard

Are the Best RBY pokemon. Is this true?

bme
31st December 2002, 06:28 PM
No, because they all have weaknesses.

Mewtwo: Chansey owns this set. The 'best' set for it in rby was the Grep set(Substitute~Recover~Psychic~Submission/ect), as there was no way to psuedo haze Sub. In anycase, even with the Grep set, all it takes is an Electrode to paralyze it, or an Exeggutor to Leech Seed it.

Tauros: Not the best because all it takes is a Thunderwave, and then it's about 100% that the OHKO's will be ineffective.

It was the best though and still is for making dents fast toward the end of a match when opposing Pkmn were worn down.

Metal Claw
31st December 2002, 06:46 PM
Thanx! You answered the question perfectly!

Rolken
2nd January 2003, 10:03 AM
Grep set (Substitute~Recover~Psychic~Submission/ect),

Submission seems silly... why bother with it when an Amnesia'd Psychic is so much better, with the added bonus of reducing special damage to practically nil? It doesn't even help the ineffectiveness against other psys...

bme
2nd January 2003, 01:55 PM
Because Amnesia Lax would stall it out, same with Lightscreen Chansey. 999 is high, but it's not THAT strong under those conditions. It'd use Psychic against another Psychic in that case, Submission is just for annoying Chansey's, ect. Although you could throw in Thunderbolt over Submission to get Tobybro before it could set up fast enough.

Adam Howard
2nd January 2003, 04:01 PM
(you)
Mewtwo:
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
(Me)
I would set the same set up as this

(You)

Tauros
Earthquake
Fissure
Horn Drill
Hyper Beam/Blizzard

(Me)
this isn't a good set up.
get rid or Fissure and Horn drill.
they arn't worth counting on. (they got 30% chance of striking)
try this set.

Earthquake
headbutt
body slam
Rest

are the best set up for Tauros

Redwall Dude
6th January 2003, 12:22 AM
The best mewtwo set is obviously:

Psychic
Thunder
Solar Beam
Fire Blast

My opponents never know what I'll hit em with next....

RaZoR LeAf
6th January 2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Redwall Dude
The best mewtwo set is obviously:

Psychic
Thunder
Solar Beam
Fire Blast

My opponents never know what I'll hit em with next....

1 Innacurate attack, 1 charge attack, 1 that doesn't cover that many types, and 1 stab attack. If your opponent uses Amnesia and Rest your dead.

Madelyn151
6th January 2003, 07:08 PM
mewtwo : amnesia/recover/ice beam/tbolt. psychic could go over one of the special attacks if you want. *shrug*

tauros : body slam/hyper beam/earthquake/blizzard. change it and get TEH GRRRRR.

'nuff said, for both of 'em.

bad_pimpin
7th January 2003, 04:54 AM
there is no best pokemon... everything will be knocked out by something! im sure they get creamed along a very good baton passing team... nywayz... i guess its all up to whats your opponent got and the others that you got! :D

RaZoR LeAf
7th January 2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by bad_pimpin
there is no best pokemon... everything will be knocked out by something! im sure they get creamed along a very good baton passing team... nywayz... i guess its all up to whats your opponent got and the others that you got! :D

Exam

Baton Pass is in RBY. Explain what is wrong with this scentance. [5]

Redwall Dude
7th January 2003, 07:11 PM
What pokemon does my mewtwo not cover?

RaZoR LeAf
8th January 2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Redwall Dude
What pokemon does my mewtwo not cover?

Slowbro, Snorlax, anything with a sleep move, anything with a paralysis move, Starmie, Alakazam, Tauros, pretty much anything with Amnesia, Jolteon, a skilled trainer.

The Muffin Man
8th January 2003, 12:12 PM
Mewtwo has become nothing more than Snorlax or Slowbro bait. Even the best Mewtwos struggle against a Tobybro as most trainers who use Mewtwo think "it's a Slowbro. No problem".

There is no best pokemon. Any pokemon can walk in, sweep that pokemon away, and then get whomped. Sure Rhydon can cream Electrode, but it will have to start rethinking of a Surfing Raichu pops up, or you decide to switch to Starmie. To be fair, for the latter, Rhydon is almost automatically switched out, lest it be weakened to the point it's got no chance in hell of surviving.

And Mady - Metal Mewtwo is always the better Mewtwo :o
Barrier/Amnesia/Rest/Psychic, I think? ;) It's not unstoppable, but a real biyatch.

bme
1st February 2003, 11:32 PM
You're of course right it's not unstoppable. Wait till it's forced to Rest, then Slashing Persian comes in and pwns it in about 2 turns since critical hits ignore stat boosts. ;x

Dragonfree
11th February 2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Adam Howard
...get rid or Fissure and Horn drill.
they arn't worth counting on. (they got 30% chance of striking)...
Isn't OHKO's accuracy based on Speed in R/B/Y? At least Rhyhorns in the Unknown dungeon keep using Hrn drill on my Pidgeot, it's unaffected, Pidgeot uses Mirror move, one hit KO! and Rhyhorn is dead.

RaZoR LeAf
11th February 2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Dragonfree
Isn't OHKO's accuracy based on Speed in R/B/Y? At least Rhyhorns in the Unknown dungeon keep using Hrn drill on my Pidgeot, it's unaffected, Pidgeot uses Mirror move, one hit KO! and Rhyhorn is dead.

Yes. For OHKO to work successfully then you user must be equal or higher in speed that the opponent. A common misconception is that Paralysis increases the accuracy of the attacks. It doesn't The speed drop caused by paralysis just opens the door for slower pokemon to use the attack. The accuracy of the attack stays at 33.3%