PDA

View Full Version : Now with a Spinda!

Néo Mewtwo
30th November 2003, 03:40 PM
This was inspired by The Pet Keeper's realistic Pokémon pics. It's a Raichu of course ^_^ I did a few of them to see how I got on. The others are a Raticate and a Mightyena (tell me if you wanna see 'em) and a couple of Nidorans. The Nidorans were rubbish though, I might have another go at them.
The hardest thing on the Raichu was the tail. I ended up doing it kind of split in two at the end. I added the grass in as a final touch---my poor excuse for a background lol!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pryno/index.html/kligg/RaichuReal.jpg

Katie
30th November 2003, 03:56 PM
hey néo haven't seen you in a while :) the raichu is amazing, I can see how the style was (for lack of better word) 'taken' from TPK, but I can still see that it was also done in your own unique style, which I love so very very much :D I can't get over how much it looks like my cousin's rat, I just want to scoop her up and huggle her for hours :] I think it's the eye that makes it so cute. and that lil smile XD awww. fantastic job, as usual. I'd really like to see the other pics you mentioned :)

~Katie

edit: INSPIRED! that's the word I was looking for! sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you of taking another artist's work ^_~

Agent Elrond
30th November 2003, 04:35 PM
Ah, tis soooooo cute! And yet so realistic, looks very much like a kangaroo rat to me. I woves it's wittle pawsies! ^_^ Too cute!

Eh, and yeah, it'd be nice to see the others as well, especially the Mightyena! :yes:

Mystic*Umbreon
30th November 2003, 04:46 PM
WOW, thats really good, i loved the PetKeepers pikachu and i think ur raichu is a fitting evolution! so great job, id really like to see ur other artwork too!

soggy_cardboard
30th November 2003, 05:47 PM
yeah, that is cool! good idea for the tail:yes:
and we wanna see your other pics!
( me espec the Mightyena )

Lynx Wolverina
1st December 2003, 06:57 AM
really nice!!! I adore the grass too. Pretty paws and fur, whole pic is nice!

Royal_Goddess_Tina
1st December 2003, 10:55 AM
Awwww... That's sooo cute... The tail looks really good, and the face is really nice too... Keep up the good work... :wave:

Nuriko
1st December 2003, 11:04 AM
Aaaw! That's so cute! I wish I could hug it.. ;_; It's a really nice style.. I think that's probobly have a Raichu would look if it were real. ^_^ I love the face especially, and that tail... it's adorable! As well as all the stripes on its back. ^^ I really like the grass, and the simpleness of the backround... what can I say? It's effective, and really brings the attention to the Raichu. I'd love to see your others!

Néo Mewtwo
1st December 2003, 03:33 PM
Thankies for the lovely comments everyone! I scanned the Raticate and Mightyena today and also the Skitty and Delcatty I drew this evening.
Here they are!
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pryno/index.html/kligg/RaticateReal.jpg
Raticate

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pryno/index.html/kligg/MightyenaReal.jpg
Mightyena (this is the one from my team, Howling Thunder)

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pryno/index.html/kligg/SkittyDelcattyReal.jpg
Skitty and Delcatty

Lightning
1st December 2003, 05:44 PM
Raichu- Aww... *squee* It's really adorable and I don't usually like really small rodents like that. ^_^; I really like the way you did the hands and the feet. The tail looks especially good, too. The thing that sort of takes away from it is the colouring... it looks kind of rushed and scratchy in some places (like the orange body). The colouring looks really good in the tail, though. You made it look furry. That's so cute! XD You did a really good job on this. I agree with the others... it looks like a Raichu would if it were real. ^_^

Raticate- I really like this one too. The pose is very good and once again it looks as I imagine a Raticate would look. My favourite part is how you actually got the way the head and body are angled to look right. I've tried that sort of post many times but I can never seem to get it. The feet are really well done, too. ^_^;; I dunno. You're good at feet. o_O; Again, though, I have to complain a little with the colouring. You left a lot of white which just seems to make it look like a rush job. Everything else looks amazing. ^_^

Mightyena- Woah... that looks scary. o.o It's the realness. I swear. It looks amazing though. The pose is good and I really like the face. It's snarling at me and it looks annoyed. XD You're very good at paws. I really like its markings.

Skitty & Delcatty- *squeals* ^___^ They're so cute!!! I usually don't like Skitty at all, but it looks like an adorable little kitten here. I've also seen the pose used by many cats, so you earn credibility for that. :) It's the same with the Delcatty. They both look amazing. Something I've forgotten to mention with all the other pictures is the background. As Nuriko said, it's simple yet effective. It looks really good. ^^

I can't wait to see more from you in this area. You're exceptional at it. :)

Bai,
Lightning

Topaz
1st December 2003, 10:31 PM
My gawd! You did all of them! They really are lifelike. I love the rodent face of Raichu, so cute you can practically see its nose twitch. And the raticate and Mightyena, they're viscious! The way you really bared teh Raticates' teeth makes it particuarly nasty!

soggy_cardboard
1st December 2003, 11:52 PM
:D Those are real good! i really like em!
I like the poses of the Raticate+Mightyena

espec raticate.......Pssssttt.......i heard someone wanted a Spinda....

Lynx Wolverina
2nd December 2003, 07:15 AM
Omg! these rule! especially the mightyena. really good work!
I wanna ask, if you have any arcanine? I would like to see!

Wild Female Machoke
2nd December 2003, 02:09 PM
:o

I thought Pet Keeper is the only one who would draw Pokémon in realistic style. Those are pretty good. That's how I imagined how they would look if they were in the real world. The body structure of the Skitty and Delcatty looked a little awkward, but overall the pic is still great.

BTW I can understand that sometimes you cannot think of a background to put in.

Néo Mewtwo
2nd December 2003, 03:55 PM
Yeah I know there are a few white streaks here and there. It's because my pencils are too thick and soft for fur detail really. I get in a stress with them. I need some of those coloured leads you can get for automatic pencils. I've been looking everywhere and haven't been able to find any so far. I'm directing my search to the internet now...there must be a site somewhere that sells them.
I've drawn realistic Pokémon before but that was years ago when my drawings were pretty rubbish lol!
To Lynx Wolverina: I was planning to do an Arcanine and a Suicune so I'll post them when their done. Wolfy type things are my all time fave things to draw right now (with the exception of Kurt from X Men Evo)
Oh yeah and I think I heard someone ask for a Spinda.....
In my mind they remind me of pandas or bear cubs so it looks kinda like one. I don't draw bears often but anywho....

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pryno/index.html/kligg/SpindaReal.jpg