PDA

View Full Version : US Release date for Pokemon 5

jlaking
31st December 2002, 07:01 PM
Release Date: May 16, 2003

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/p/pokemon5.php

SygmaXE
31st December 2002, 07:10 PM
That is soo not true! Poke'mon 5 starred Latios and Latias! We will get Poke'mon 4 March 2003.

Ack! Baka! I see what you mean! Sorry! The THEARATRICAL release of Poke'mon 5! Ohhh...!

Doo-be-doop!

Crystal Mew
31st December 2002, 07:43 PM
*clicks* =o no way!
well...that would be so cool if it came out then ^_^
who knows,it might be coming out then..maybe Miramax wants them all out..although I hate the fact its Miramax doing it..cause they do limited release.... >=/ and they make way less money than if they just opened it everywhere.

*wont say anything more*

Well,thanks for the news :D

Too Cool Scyther
31st December 2002, 08:25 PM
Awesome! 2 months after Ruby/Sapphire! Perfect timing!

RedStarWarrior
31st December 2002, 09:44 PM
What sucks is that it will be a limited release...so it won't be in my area.

RaichuRocks
31st December 2002, 10:30 PM
hmm

they are coming out quicker

Oh well, I have my Japanese DVD and a anime provider that subs pokemon:D

AKA Pokemon Fan
1st January 2003, 12:43 PM
I was hoping they'd start bringing them out faster, they have to catch up. After all if they want the anime to advertise RS it won't make much sense for them to keep Ash in Johto until a good way into next season.

Hmmmm, maybe their contract will change so they can get more than fifty two episodes a season...

Oh, and there is hope Modern Casuality, if ever slight. If the movie does well in a limited release than they might put it in wide release. But if they advertise this one as poorly as they did the fourth movie...

Anyway this release date makes me happy:D :D :D :D

pokefreak04
1st January 2003, 07:17 PM
Is the Advance Generation Anime coming out in March along with R/S? The Johto Saga isn't even at Mahogany Town! Kid's WB better start showing the rest of the Johto Saga!
EDIT:There are 11-12 weeks left till R/S comes out. Hopefully Kid's WB will start showing the new episodes on weekdays like they did in Sept. and skip the episodes they showed back then, like Will the real Oak Please Stand Up? and FOr Ho-oh, the Bells Toll! I doubt it will happen, but we can hope, right?

GoldenDragonite
1st January 2003, 08:41 PM
Wow, that was quite fast! It seemed it took forever to dub 4ever... lol.. no pun intended there.

This release date makes me very happy, and I am looking forward to seeing it.
If it is only in select cities, I hope they move where they show it around a bit like they did with 4ever.

Blue Hiker
2nd January 2003, 07:27 AM
Wow, there's a release date already? Cool.

Of course, they have the word "limited" beside the release date... this makes perfect sense. We all know how brilliantly Pokémon 4Ever did in limited release. Yup, it trashed the box office all right.

:rolleyes:

Here's a tip, Miramax: how about you let more than a quarter of the US see the movie this time?

majinvegita1487
2nd January 2003, 09:20 PM
if they release the movie it in May then that means it'll come out on dvd in october, and maybe if miramax gets an extention for movie 6 or warner bros. takes over then maybe movie 6 would come out december this year. and we'd be pretty much caught up with japan

Psyduck UK
5th January 2003, 12:56 PM
well at least you lot in teh USA are gettingt the movies: in the UK Pokémon 4Ever hasnt even come out, and it looks like it never will!

absolutotodile
7th January 2003, 04:15 PM
I HATE Miramax!!! In the US you're will be getting the 5th movie in May....guess what...Australia hasn't even got the 4th movie! That really annoys me!
I am also fairly sure that many of you will also hate Miramax if they do another limited release for the 5th film. Does anyone know where to send emails to Miramax about film distrubution so I can complaim?!

Nikku-San
11th January 2003, 08:11 AM
Urgh. They are just releasing it early to get it over with. They are in contract to do so. It's going to be just as screwed up as 4Ever and I doubt I'll see it for a while.

pokefreak04
11th January 2003, 10:54 AM
I don't like Miramax either. I didn't get to see 4ever! It never came out in Oklahoma! Oh well, I can always wait for 4ever to come out on VHS and/or DVD. <grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!>:mad:

mr_pikachu
11th January 2003, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I never got to see 4Ever either, and I didn't get the movie for Christmas, so I guess I'm gonna have to buy it myself. Oh well. It'll be worth it to keep up the spirit of Pokemon!:)

Pidgeot018
11th January 2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mr_pikachu
Yeah, I never got to see 4Ever either, and I didn't get the movie for Christmas, so I guess I'm gonna have to buy it myself. Oh well. It'll be worth it to keep up the spirit of Pokemon!:)

Well, seeing as how it's being released in March, it's no surpirise that you didn't get it for Christmas.:)

DFG James
11th January 2003, 04:30 PM
This is all assuming that information is correct though...

If it is, we should be seeing the 5th movie on DVD around Christmas time..or maybe even Thanksgiving. 2 movies released on DVD in the same year, lol.

We should just be thankful that it's getting dubbed at all. Pokémon 4Ever was dubbed quite well, and with a bit of luck, the 5th will be done in the same way.

We'll just have to wait and see though, I guess.

Ashi-chan
11th January 2003, 05:01 PM
Cool! Fifth movie May 15th. Gotta mark that on my calendar!

Yeah, I agree that the fourth movie was actually dubbed rather well compared to others. Tee-hee, and Yukinari had Mokuba's dub voice--too cute!

ILikePokemonP
11th January 2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Ashi-chan

Cool! Fifth movie May 15th. Gotta mark that on my calendar!

Yeah, I agree that the fourth movie was actually dubbed rather well compared to others. Tee-hee, and Yukinari had Mokuba's dub voice--too cute!
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Originally posted by jlaking

Release Date: May 16, 2003

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/p/pokemon5.php

Originally posted by absolutotodile

I HATE Miramax!!! In the US you're will be getting the 5th movie in May....guess what...Australia hasn't even got the 4th movie! That really annoys me!
I am also fairly sure that many of you will also hate Miramax if they do another limited release for the 5th film. Does anyone know where to send emails to Miramax about film distrubution so I can complaim?!Aargh, I feel your pain :yes:.

Don't think we'll ever get it here in the cinemas :( but hopefully on DVD/VHS. I'll be getting it on DVD from the US when i get either ruby or sapphire anyway so lucky me :D

Edit:

Nintendo Australia, link here. (http://www.nintendo.com.au/pokemon/news/index.php)

A fourth Pokémon movie, titled “Pokémon 4 Ever,” is expected to arrive in Australia in 2003. The film stars the winged green Celebi, whose time-travelling skills bring new adventures to Ash, Pikachu and friends.

"Expected". Hmm...

absolutotodile
14th January 2003, 04:09 AM
I doubt that we will get it in cinemas here either...That article is really old so I don't think it is arriving anytime soon.
I'll be getting Pokémon 4Ever in from the US too! I'll us it to tease my friends :)!

ILikePokemonP
14th January 2003, 04:16 AM
Lucky you have friends that would feel inferior to you by you having a pokemon product not yet released in your country :yes:

T M Pikachu
20th January 2003, 02:00 PM
Another limited release oh man. I starting to hate Miramax. They'll probably cut out the Pikachu short again. :mad:

Warner Brothers better get the rights back so the rest of the world can see the movie and the shorts. I liked Warner Brothers right now.

pokefreak04
20th January 2003, 06:35 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAT???????????????? NO PIKACHU SHORT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Now I REALLY hate Miramax! C'mon WB, get it back!!!!

Hanada Tattsu
20th January 2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by pokefreak04
WHAAAAAAAAAT???????????????? NO PIKACHU SHORT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Now I REALLY hate Miramax! C'mon WB, get it back!!!!

I feel your pain!

The shorts are entertaining in their own way, and the short for the fifth movie has Hoeruko (sp?) in it too, along with some other R/S Pokemon, like Sonano, etc.

Anyway, Miramax screwed up Pokemon 4. I heard that the dubbing was tolerable from a friend, but we didn't even get it in our area (Los Angeles). In fact, I didn't see 1 theatrical trailer or poster/billboard up anywhere.

The only info I got about this film was from the web and also from my friend.

If this movie was advertised better by dumb Miramax, what was an excellent Japanese film could have rekindled the interest in many former Pokemon fans and current Yu-gi-oh fans.

I dunno, I hope Miramax learned a lesson from Pokemon 4. I hope they don't want to mess up another great movie. Pokemon 5 is where many kids will see some Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon first. If 4Kids and Miramax don't make a good impression, Pokemon's gonna loose a bunch of fans.

ILikePokemonP
21st January 2003, 05:33 AM
Has Anyone outside the US seen Pokemon 4ever in the cinemas yet?

Lord Phillock
21st January 2003, 07:17 AM
I don't think ther'll BE a theatrical relase.

It'll probably just pop up on DVD 'n' VHS.

That's what pokemon.com said...or...was it?....or 4kids said that.

I'm not sure, but I'm doubting PKMN5 will be in theaters.

Kids will see R/S Pokemon, and will turn to Yu-Gi-Oh!

I hate Yugioh, but, I hate the R/S PKMN more (except a couple).

Please, please don't get angry.:(

DFG James
21st January 2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Lord Phillock

Kids will see R/S Pokemon, and will turn to Yu-Gi-Oh!

I hate Yugioh, but, I hate the R/S PKMN more (except a couple).

Please, please don't get angry.:(

Yes, I can see what you mean. The R/S Pokémon were a little disappointing, with many of them resembling previous Pokémon, and some that just look ridiculous. Pokémon is becoming more like Dragon Warrior Monsters, with so many creatures, they're losing their originality. Of course, it doesn't stop them from being great games, but it all just feels a little "samey". More and more kids are turning to Yu-Gi-Oh, as there is a greater variety in story and monsters (despite the fact that the battles can get a little boring...especially when they last 4 or more episodes O_O). Unless Pokémon 5 is advertised correctly, it'll be a failure just like the 4th, and no good storyline or dubbing will save it.

Lord Phillock
21st January 2003, 12:32 PM
"Where can I get more guys like you?"-Avery, GTA Vice City

AMEN! Let's give an applause for DFG James!

I think PKMN4 is boring too. It's the same stroytype again, and agian. Celebi gets captured, Ash saves the day... Ptui!

And The Fifth one is the same (almost) like PKMN2! Guardian Jetplanes!
Lol!

Lugia is the great guardian NOT Latias & Latios! (:P to them)

Frank thought: Why must ash save the day all the time? Why can't someone else do that, and ash be a side-character sometimes, right?

faizah_kibibi
21st January 2003, 12:53 PM
Uhm Lord Phillock, I have seen the 5th movie, and I honestly don't think it is like the 2nd movie. It is completely different and a great movie on its own.

pokemonm
21st January 2003, 05:24 PM
rs pokemon are beter then gs these new pokemon has a edge the 4 movie was grate and
if your a gta fantic i could see what type of prson you are [not if your in it for its game play]
they have a limt rs to 200 pokemon and that i hope it wont be to much for you

Legends-Kuja
21st January 2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by T M Pikachu
Another limited release oh man. I starting to hate Miramax. They'll probably cut out the Pikachu short again. :mad:

That would actually be a SMART move. The better the Pokemon movie, the lamer-assed the Pikachu short. By movie three I couldn't believe I was actually watching a short starring ELETRIC RAT.

R/S Pokemon look better than G/S/C. Namely, the legendaries. And the type mixes are cool...

Hanada Tattsu
21st January 2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by faizah_kibibi
Uhm Lord Phillock, I have seen the 5th movie, and I honestly don't think it is like the 2nd movie. It is completely different and a great movie on its own.

Yeah, the 5th movies is the second best Pokemon movie ever (second only to the Revalation Lugia 'sp'). Someone else besides Miramax has to get this movie and make it a success.

I really love this movie. Latios and Latias rule, and the animation is top notch. I dunno, I hope 4Kids will distribute it to someone a little smarter about movies for this and the sixth movie.

ILikePokemonP
17th February 2003, 01:15 AM
Pokemon 4Ever will make it to Aussie cinemas (and other countries I'm presuming) this year. My kzone arrived today (one day earlier than shops :D) and says...
Pokémon 4ever

Get set to hit the cinema this year as Pokemon 4Ever hits the screens. This time...Just give us a specific date ;o ;o ;o

Latios & Latias
17th February 2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ILikePokemon:P
Has Anyone outside the US seen Pokemon 4ever in the cinemas yet?

Nope I havent, I live in the UK

Hanada Tattsu
17th February 2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Legends-Kuja
That would actually be a SMART move. The better the Pokemon movie, the lamer-assed the Pikachu short. By movie three I couldn't believe I was actually watching a short starring ELETRIC RAT.

LK, you've gotta admit that some of the shorts were kinda cute. I mean, Pikachu's Vacation in Japanese was much cuter than American, because a sweet voiced lady was narrating it, not some robotic Pokedex. I admit, the second and third shorts sucked, but the fourth one was good.

I guess the only chance to see the fourth one is on the Pokemon 4Ever VHS and DVD, which is gonna come out in less than a month! :)

Also, the fifth short is cute too.

faizah_kibibi
17th February 2003, 02:34 PM
I love the 1st and 4th pikachu shorts!! The 5th is ok too, less then the 1st and 4th, but alot better then 2 and 3.

Darth J.
23rd February 2003, 09:10 AM
Is that date really confirmed ?

Hanada Tattsu
23rd February 2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Darth J.
Is that date really confirmed ?

Yeah.

I just checked Comingsoon.net, and it said on there that Miramax is releasing the movie (in the USA) on May 16, 2003, and that it is sadly going to be another limited release.

Dr_Omicron
27th February 2003, 12:10 PM
Anyway, Miramax screwed up Pokemon 4. I heard that the dubbing was tolerable from a friend, but we didn't even get it in our area (Los Angeles). In fact, I didn't see 1 theatrical trailer or poster/billboard up anywhere.

If you mean downtowm L.A., I haven't been there in ages, so I can't say anything. However, the Mann Theaters at Panorama City (at the back of The Plant; Van Nuys Blvd.) was showing Pokémon: 4Ever for about a week and a half. Sadly, it only showed at 2:35 and 4:15, and I don't get off the school bus until at least 4:50, and we never knew they showed it until we (that's my sister and I, BTW) got desperate and started looking for it everywhere. I guess i should look in the newspaper for theater listings. Cutting the Pikachu short out IS a good idea. I knew plenty of people who was turned off by Pikachu's Vacation, thinking that was the actual movie, and actually left the cinemas.

Oh, and two anagrams for "cinema": "anemic" and "iceman".
---
Miramax=Limited Release
Limited Release=Kills movies
Killing movies=Lose money
Disney=Rapid decline
Miramax=Division of Disney.

The stuff above makes sense, but can someone please tell me the logic behind Limited Release? I know it saves money on Miramax's part, but I'm sure they would've made more money if they had just given it to every theater instead of 2% of them. If it weren't for Miramax, Spirited Away would probably at least ring a bell in some people's heads...I never once saw an advertisement for Spirited Away except on a newspaper clipping in art class.

Hanada Tattsu
27th February 2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Omicron
If you mean downtowm L.A., I haven't been there in ages, so I can't say anything. However, the Mann Theaters at Panorama City (at the back of The Plant; Van Nuys Blvd.) was showing Pokémon: 4Ever for about a week and a half. Sadly, it only showed at 2:35 and 4:15, and I don't get off the school bus until at least 4:50, and we never knew they showed it until we (that's my sister and I, BTW) got desperate and started looking for it everywhere. I guess i should look in the newspaper for theater listings. Cutting the Pikachu short out IS a good idea. I knew plenty of people who was turned off by Pikachu's Vacation, thinking that was the actual movie, and actually left the cinemas.

Oh, and two anagrams for "cinema": "anemic" and "iceman".
---
Miramax=Limited Release
Limited Release=Kills movies
Killing movies=Lose money
Disney=Rapid decline
Miramax=Division of Disney.

The stuff above makes sense, but can someone please tell me the logic behind Limited Release? I know it saves money on Miramax's part, but I'm sure they would've made more money if they had just given it to every theater instead of 2% of them. If it weren't for Miramax, Spirited Away would probably at least ring a bell in some people's heads...I never once saw an advertisement for Spirited Away except on a newspaper clipping in art class.

I live in the San Fernando Valley, so we're kind of close to Panorama City, but even so, I didn't even know it was showing there.

Miramax just needs to advertise and stop making limited releases.