PDA

View Full Version : Strongman Round One: Syberia vs. Dark Dragonite

Razola
2nd December 2003, 08:24 PM
The arena will be selected once both combatants have PMed me their first pokemon to be used. Remember, it has to be one of the four you selected. Check here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=366736#post366736) to see what pokemon you have selected for the whole tournament and what arenas are up for selection.

First Pokemon

Syberia
Hydra the Porygon2

Dark Dragonite
Male Weezing

Razola
3rd December 2003, 08:10 PM
Arena

Mud Hills: Standard, fairly flat arena. Had rocks and no ceiling. Soft ground.
Dark Dragonite will post attacks first, then Syberia will post attacks second. Order will then alternate from there.

I will be reffing the match. All random events are the results of www.Random.org. Don't forget that R/S moves are now legal. I'll be following Hikaru's list very closely, as requested by ASHarris.

Dark Dragonite
4th December 2003, 09:53 PM
I apologize for my delay, I was trying to see the RS list, os I know what to expect of Weezing.

Ko, start this round off with a Smokescreen, then go for a Double Team, and finish the round with a Psywave!!

~If it is raining, use Thunder instead of Double Team
~If P2 uses Psychic, use Torement, and if this was before the Smokescreen, quickly put one up, then ocntinue with your third attack.

Syberia
4th December 2003, 11:11 PM
Silly Weezing, Trix are for kids. You couldn't have given me a bigger opening if you tried, Steve.

You seem intent on lowering my accuracy, but you forget a Porygon2 can simply Lock on to you. After that, Hydra, I want you to hit all of his clones as they are being created with a wide-range Blizzard, and finish with a Thunder Wave.

Lock on~Blizzard~Thunder Wave

Razola
5th December 2003, 09:00 PM
Let's a-go.

PRE-ROUND

Hydra (Porygon 2) OO
100% / ENERGY
Perfect Condition
ACTION! Lock-On~Blizzard~Thunder Wave

Weezing (Male) OO
100% / ENERGY
Perfect Condition
ACTION! Smokescreen~Double Team~Psywave
ROUND THREE

Ladies and gentlemen, the first round of the Strongman Tournament is underway!

In this match we have Hydra, a well-polished Porygon2, up against a healthy Weezing!

Weezing starts off by filling the arena with a thick cloud of smoke. But the Porygon2 has aqquired his opponent, movely slowly as he focuses all senses on his opponent's sounds and movements.

Seeing Hydra's piercing gaze, Weezing splits off into a group of clones, but Hydra is quick to repsond with a frosty blast of ice, snow, and wind. The clones are quickly broken, leaving a vulnerable Weezing.

Weezing is stunned by how cool and collected Hydra is, handling each situation in an expert fashion. This hesitation allows Hydra to quickly blast his opponent with electric waves.

Weezing tries to respond, but his body locks up! He is unable to do anything at all as the round ends.

[/round]
STATS FOR ROUND ONE

Pokemon

Hydra (Porygon 2) OO
100% / ENERGY
Locked onto Weezing (+25% ACC, -25% SPD. 3 Actions)
Confident. Very calm and collected, though a bit cocky.

Weezing (Male) OO
82% / ENERGY
Paralyzed (25% chance of next three actions failing)
A little scared, confidence is low. Slightly cold.

Other Info

There is a bit of smog lingering, but most of it has gone.

Both pokemon are in the center of the arena. Weezing is a few feet from the center to the west, while Hydra is a few feet from the center to the north.

Dark Dragonite
6th December 2003, 04:17 PM
Ok, your turn Syb, let's get it on!!

Syberia
7th December 2003, 11:51 PM
Hmm... Icy Wind to mess with his already paralyzed body, then use a Tri-Attack and finally a Shadow Ball.

Icy Wind~Tri-Attack~Shadow Ball

Dark Dragonite
9th December 2003, 10:20 PM
Sorry for the delay, I will post attacks tomorrow, I've been swamped, and this is a match I really have to think about.

Dark Dragonite
14th December 2003, 09:07 AM
Ok Ko, it still it's time to break out a useful trick, start off with Toxic after the wind is gone, then go for a Bubble Belch, after that, try a Psybeam.

~If you are fully PAR for the sig move, try try again!!

Sig: Bubble Belch
Desc: All that smog and gas inside a weezing is enough to make one sick, but Ko uses this to his advantage by belching out 4 Koffing sized bubbles that if touched by a foe with pull them inside. Inside the bubble, All attacks outgoing will do 10% less damage than normal, all incomming attacks will do 5% less than usual damage. EX: Outgoing attack would do 15% damage will now do 5% damage, but the lowest an incomming or outgoing attack can do is 3%. That isn't all though folks, this bubble is made from some foul smelling gases that have a 50% chance of making the pokemon too sick to attack for one action. After 1Rd. the bubble pops, and the poke is free to battle as usual. 2 time usage, with a 3 rd. gap. Type: Poison|Accuracy: 85%|Damage: N/A|Effects: See above

Dark Dragonite
18th December 2003, 10:27 PM
I know you're very busy, reffing every match yourself, just wanted to show it's ready for a reffing.

Razola
18th December 2003, 10:38 PM
Maybe you shouldn't do that anymore...

PRE-ROUND

Hydra (Porygon 2) OO
100% / ENERGY

Weezing (Male) OO
82% / ENERGY
ROUND TWO

Hydra is feeling pretty good about the battle thus far. But no time to get cocky. He emits a chilly gust at Weezing, chilling even his thick body. But Weezing has his revenge, firing a glob of nasty poison at Hydra, corrupting data and circuits.

But Weezing then fall to the ground, succumbing to the effects of his paralysis. Hydra wastes no time uses a blasts of three elements, the electric part further Weezing's condition.

Weezing is still at the mercy of his locked muscles, unable to moe still. Hydra wastes no time to launch off a quick shadow ball, slowly eating at Weezing's insides.

[/round]
STATS FOR ROUND TWO

Pokemon

Hydra (Porygon 2) OO
99% / ENERGY
Badly Poisoned (1% Damage next round)
Confident. Eager to fight. Very cocky and arrogant.

Weezing (Male) OO
42% / ENERGY
Paralyzed (25% chance of next two actions failing)
Rolling on the ground out of control. Very scared, cold, and weak.

Other Info

None.

Dark Dragonite
18th December 2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Raz
Maybe you shouldn't do that anymore...

PRE-ROUND

Hydra (Porygon 2) OO
100% / ENERGY

Weezing (Male) OO
82% / ENERGY
STATS FOR ROUND TWO

Pokemon

Hydra (Porygon 2) OO
99% / ENERGY
Badly Poisoned (1% Damage next round)
Confident. Eager to fight. Very cocky and arrogant.

Weezing (Male) OO
32% / ENERGY
Paralyzed (25% chance of next two actions failing)
Rolling on the ground out of control. Very scared, cold, and weak.

Other Info

None.

I was just wondering how one SE move, and 2 regular moves did 50% damage?

Razola
18th December 2003, 11:04 PM
Yeah, the damage is off. Tri Attack and Shadowball each did 15%, and Icy Wind did 10%. So that is 40%.

Let me fix it.

Syberia
18th December 2003, 11:29 PM
Wow. Raz, I take it you use higher damage than most people when they ref?

Razola
19th December 2003, 12:05 AM
I have always used a 5-20 scale. Twenty for high-end attacks like Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, etc. Fifteen for "Beam" class attacks like Thunderbolt, Shadowball, Ice Beam, etc. 10 for attacks like Icy Wind, and Tackle. Five is normally for low damage attacks like ember, water gun, etc. I've had this system for almost a year now.

Weezing had the misfortune of being stunned by paralysis for two actions. Suffering two attacks with no chance of defense is going to hurt.

Dark Dragonite
21st December 2003, 04:35 PM
Ko, try as best you can to get a Bubble belch off. Next I want you to Protect, and finish with a Pain split!!

~If you have little fight left, and think you are about to drop, try to pull off an Endure

Syberia
22nd December 2003, 12:14 AM
Hydra, I want you to Protect yourself from his sig move. Then start to charge up a Hyper Beam while your opponent protects himself from nothing, and blast him with it before he can Pain Split.

Protect~Charge Hyper Beam~Fire Hyper Beam