PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a download for Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne

Last Exile
3rd December 2003, 12:51 AM
I'm trying to find the download for Parts 2 and 3 of the Orc Saga for W3: Frozen Throne. Can anyone give me a link for the downlaods, because I've searched Blizzard's website for ages and haven't found them, and I'm at wit's end!

Razola
3rd December 2003, 01:15 AM
They aren't out yet. Being Blizzard, they have promised it month X, and then keep pushing it to Y then Z.

I can't say when they will be out, because you can't trust any release information from Blizzard besides an exact date.

Yoh Asakura
3rd December 2003, 12:29 PM
Knowing Blizzard it'll be released December 2020 lmao

I suppose if there is enough demand they'll speed it up. But I kinda like waiting for games, it means they are taking there time to make it amazing =D

The Muffin Man
3rd December 2003, 03:29 PM
I know this isn't what you asked for, but if you need WC3 maps, just check out www.Warcraft3maps.com. Just register(free) and download a LOT of custom maps.

Not advertising, as I don't get a damn thing from this. Just spreading the word.

Last Exile
3rd December 2003, 09:18 PM
Erm, no, Muffin Man. I meant the actual Orc Campaign for the Frozen Throne. You know the one where you play Rexxar the Beastmaster, Rokhar and Chen the Pandaren Brewmaster. You know how there's one great big part, and when you finally complete it, it trails off that some renegade humans are up to something, and Jaina doesn't seem to know about it, and Thrall wants answers. Thatt's what I'm talking about.

The actual game only has Part 1. It says Parts 2 and 3 would be available to download. But I've never found them! Does anyone know where they are, if they even exist?!

Lord Necrodain
5th December 2003, 08:54 PM
Parts 2 and 3 don't exist... yet. They will when the next patch (V 1.13) is released. When that is, however, I'm not sure even Blizzard knows. All we can do is wait and be patient. They've been promising them for months, but they keep getting delayed, as Raz said. The latest word was "in a few weeks" but that was something like a month ago.

Razola
5th December 2003, 09:05 PM
I think it's funny how the World of Warcraft Beta was also supposed to be in August.

From now on, when Blizzard has an estimate for a release date, they should add 3-6 months to it. At least then it'll be a bit more accurate.

Craig
6th December 2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Raz

From now on, when Blizzard has an estimate for a release date, they should add 3-6 months to it. At least then it'll be a bit more accurate.

I believe that they already do this,

Also World of warcraft beta was never scheduled to be in Augest, it was scheduled to have sign ups in November, I guess they are still working on alot of the visual content.

Razola
6th December 2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Also World of warcraft beta was never scheduled to be in Augest, it was scheduled to have sign ups in November, I guess they are still working on alot of the visual content.

It was orginally set for anytime between August and October, as GFraizer had said late sumer/early fall. Now we have no idea when the beta will be, as it's December and they have left hanging saying "winter."

And hopefully all graphics have been finished. A beta is to test for bugs and balance the games. A few features may be slowly added (like in the Frozen Throne beta) but the core engine should be long done if they are starting talks about a beta.

Since we're on the subject, what race/class is everyone going to be? Orginally I was thinking a classic Human/Warrior, but now Undead/Priest sounds appealing. Of course I'll probably just say "screw it all!" and go with a Gnome/Who-the-hell-cares-what-my-class-is-I'm-a-freaking-gnome.

Lord Necrodain
7th December 2003, 09:10 AM
I was going to be a Tauren Shaman originally, but after the announcement of Undead, Trolls and Gnomes I've been looking at an Undead Priest. However, my friend has his heart set on being a Night Elf Hunter, so I'll probably be a Human Paladin just so I can group with him.

Craig
7th December 2003, 10:52 AM
Im going for a dwarf mage most likely, or maybe a human rogue.

Imhere4u2die
8th December 2003, 12:11 AM
I was looking forward to WOW. Then I found out there was a monthly fee of like $22. OMG blizzard is totally ripping people off. The monthly fee really pisses me off. I wont buy a game where I will be paying 250 dollars a year to play.

Razola
8th December 2003, 01:01 AM
There has been no set price for WoW. Most likely it'll be 10-15 US dollars a month. 20 or more will just kill the game, but keep in mind nearly all MMORPGs give a month or two of gameplay for free, and you might play a month after that before you get bored. So it's not exactly a "rip-off." Especially when you realize that a lof of immature brats will be kept out of it.

Imhere4u2die
9th December 2003, 09:21 PM
I thought it was set at U.S. $22, and you get 3 months free with the game.

Razola
9th December 2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Imhere4u2die
I thought it was set at U.S. $22, and you get 3 months free with the game.
I doubt it. That's way too many months free. Only the most hardcore gamers will keep playing it after three months and pay that much. $15/mo. with one month free would be the best model for them, since it gives gamers a free month to get hooked and has a reasonable price tag.

Lezta
10th December 2003, 04:31 AM
Bah. Monthly prices... suck.

I mean, you don't pay for extra patches/online servers/anything else for any other type of game... so why the hell with MMORPGs?

It basically means that you're never going to be able to afford (if you're a teenager on a teenage salery) to play more than one or two MMORPGs at a time.

I don't know, maybe I'm just an idiot (I sure don't know much about what I'm talking about here... just conjecture) but it just seems to me that it's a charge that shouldn't exist.

I could understand two or three pounds (about $5?) a month... with everyone playing the game that would probably be enough to sustain any patch development. But aside from that it just seems to be needless attempts at getting money.

I'm going to repeat myself - I don't pay for the patches/online servers for any other online game, so why should I with MMORPGs? Or... more importantly, why should I pay so much?

MetalScyther
11th December 2003, 03:27 PM
While I do think that paying more than 20 dollars a month for a game is absurf, paying 10-15 dollars a month for a good MMORPG is just plain fine. I think red13n once put it that it costs 10-15 dollars to see a 2 hour movie(and surely most teenagers on a teenage budget do that), whereas for the same ammount of money you get hours more entertainment(assuming you play the game an hour or more everyday like most people addicted to MMORPGs do).

At first glace the monthly fee to most games seems outragous; but when you consider all of the other stuff you spend large ammounts of cash on, its not. Plus, MMORPG's just tend to last so much longer than regular games.

Also..who plays 2 MMORPGs at once? Is this just a habit for me? I never thought that it would be wise for me to pay for two games a month when I would have to split the time with them. Hmm..

Razola
11th December 2003, 03:33 PM
The only flaw to this argument is that MMORPGs cost $50 just to start playing in ADDITION to the monthly fee. If MMORPGs costed 40 or even 30 dollars, I certainly would not complain as much.

There's really nothing the publishers can do, though. Servers cost money and you have to pay GMs. It's either monthly fees or abysmal service.

MetalScyther
11th December 2003, 04:56 PM
Still, 12 dollars a month is still better than paying 100 dollars for two games a month(assuming we are talking about buying two new releases), or even 50 dollars a month for just one game.

Lezta
11th December 2003, 04:57 PM
Is that $10-$15 american dollers?

$10 sounds reasonable (ish)... but 15? Jesus... that's a ripoff.

A good film costs about £4 in the UK. At least, at the odeon where I go. Tisn't a small one either.

MetalScyther
11th December 2003, 07:20 PM
I don't know how to convert European money into American money, but I do know that movie tickets are around 5-6$ here, depending on when you see it. This doesn't include a date though, and I don't know about everyone else but whenever I go the movies I like to buy snacks. >:0

Yeah, 15 is a little high. What's the average price though, like 12 dollars? Not too bad.

Lord Necrodain
16th December 2003, 09:35 PM
Patch 1.13 has just been released, and the second and third parts of the Orc campaign are along with it. They can be downloaded with the rest of the patch by simply connecting to battle.net. I haven't tried them yet, but I will tomorrow.

Razola
16th December 2003, 09:58 PM
Campaign is wonderful, but the patch is a joke. I think they spent all of their time on the campaign and did the patch at the last minute.

Craig
21st December 2003, 09:57 PM
on the topic of MMORPGs.. I recently read somewhere (can't pull the source - sorry) that MMORPGs like Everquest (Back then) cost 30 million dollars to produce, and WoW will take roughly 60, should it cost only 30 and Blizzard is very lucky in suscribers.. It will still take them about a year to pay off only that cost.(Software purchases + Monthly Fees.. also consider they make 0$ in monthly fee the first month live) As well as continuuing salaries, server maitenance, gms, pr, stuff like that.

Its kind of how you look at it, 15 dollars doesn't sound that much. But when you multiply 15 x 12 it does. You gotta compare it to other things to make it justified...

Last Exile
22nd December 2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the notice guys. ;)

If I can finally get my mum to let me online at home at some point, I'll get it then finally find out how the Orc Saga ends.