PDA

View Full Version : AG Episode #54: Team Magma VS Team Aqua, Again! Battle on Mt. Chimney!

Light_Togetic
3rd December 2003, 03:04 PM
Ah! The ultimate struggle between two 'religious' groups! No, not the Muslims and Christians!! Team Aqua and Team Magma! :P

Advanced Generation Episode #54: Team Magma VS Team Aqua, Again! Battle on Mt. Chimney!

Okay, there's been much discussion on what this episode is going to feature/be about plotwise. We'll probably see Ash and co. butt into sutff that isn't their business again (well then who else would save the world?). ;)

The Preview:

It opens with the usual red screen with Groudon on it, and then it fades to show us a volcano (not an impressive one, just a mountain shaped like a volcano with a small wisp of smoke coming out it). Then it goes to someone holding out a radar of some kind, obviously tracking something. We then see a flash of TM (Team Magma) people and then a flash of TA (Team Aqua) people. It goes to a scene with TM chasing a guy running along a cliff. Then we see TM placing a stone thing (looks like a meteorite) into a machine of some kind and then a Mightyena and Crawdaunt battling. Next we see some Walrein coming out of their pokeballs, and then a laser of some kind shooting into a pool of lava. We then see Ash and the guy that was getting chased sitting behind some rocks watching something take place. Then we see a Helicopter and then Jessie shouting with James and Meowth in the background. Then it goes to a surprised-looking TM guy, the pool of lava, a surprised Ash, and that's all folks!!

The Pictures:

Woah chick! Back AWAY from the camera! (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anima/images/anima_weekly.jpg)

It's okay Ash, it's just Team Magma and Team Aqua in the same spot! (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/054.jpg)

The Talk:

Well, looks as if we'll get to see some cool battles in this episode, and maybe even a cool storyline! I'm hoping that it's not something boring like Xatu's storyline was... It probably won't be though, since they're taking things more from the games. I look forward to the episode.

Rocketboy
3rd December 2003, 03:16 PM
Is there supposed to be a good team like in the games?

Kojiro
3rd December 2003, 03:34 PM
I think both teams are against Ash, but TM have been showing up alot more.

JazzJazz
3rd December 2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Kojiro
I think both teams are against Ash, but TM have been showing up alot more.

I'd say that's a safe bet... both teams seem to be portrayed as villains in the anime, not like in the games when you help one of them out.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th December 2003, 04:02 AM
Hm, today's eppie in Japan...I always have something in my backpack...

*Finds a disk*

I saved the original text I found from TVTOKYO last Friday here, it's the same page where you get the clip, in fact...

http://www.edu.haapavesi.fi/~mitanska/12gatsu4nichi.jpg

...and translated it to English. As always, not much is revealed:

Team Magma VS Team Aqua, Again! The Battle At Chinmeny Mountain!

Aiming at Fuen town, where the next gym is, Satoshi and others, who continue their journey, have arrived in the foot of Chinmeny Mountain. From there, Satoshi and others are just on a ropeway heading to the top, but in the middle of that, all of a sudden, the Gondola stops. They even call for help with emergency phone, but since there is no real emergency, Satoshi leaves the Gondola alone, to appeal help.

Thereupon, near the crater, around a metorite a scholar Doctor Soraishi found, Team Magma and Team Aqua are about to start a fight...

Animelee
6th December 2003, 03:20 PM
I just got the episode, and while scanning through to see if it works, I saw the old lady from Fuen/Lavaridge Town that gives you an egg at the hot springs. She's trapped in the gondola with our heroes.

Perhaps one of our heroes will be getting an egg?

Anyways, I'll watch it, and then update this post when I'm done.

Animelee
6th December 2003, 08:08 PM
Am I dumb, or what? That was Meowth dressed up as an old lady -- I thought it was the old lady from Lavaridge.

Anyways, BEST EPISODE EVER.

Man, Aqua, and Magma, and Professor Cosmo, and Ash! I mean, Ash is fricken BATMAN, using the rope as a grappling hook-thing! Man! Awesome!

And then, I mean, he wasn't scared of Magma at all! He and Cosmo took on the machine, and, they were right beside the lava, too! Man, crazy!

And the battles, and the BGM's! Man, there were orchestrated game BGM's all over the place! Not to mention the NEW -- NEWWWWW BGM's they made!

Good thing Team Rocket was "good" in this episode...well, not on purpose, anyways -- out of hunger.

MAN! MAN! MAN! I CANNOT stress how much this episode kicked the butt!

And, I mean, they even showed the meteor coming in from space! SPACE! How cool is that?!

MAN! ODSISODSOKDOSDKOSPDKSDOSDPSDKSODPKSODPKS

Sorry.

MAN! :D

100/10, man! Every episode of Pokemon is 99.99/10, but this, this was 100/10. PERFECT x 10!

Light_Togetic
6th December 2003, 09:29 PM
Lol. Take deep breaths Animelee! ^^

Heh, I guess TR's getting good at disguises if they could fool you! It sounds as if this episode will be very action-packed. Good. 'Cause action-packed episodes are usually pretty fun to watch.

I look forward to seeing it.

Team Rocket's Lugia
6th December 2003, 09:31 PM
Well, it might sound intresting when I see an understandable post,:rolleyes:but hey, it sounds really interesting!

P.S. Just like in the 7th movie thread, Animelee has gone crazzzzy

EDIT: Doh! L_T posted while I was writing this!

Animelee
6th December 2003, 10:10 PM
I think I should calm down while typing, hehe -- it looks noobish and spammy, and I wouldn't want to be thought of as that, LOL.

But, I think I'm just dumb or weird, because it was so easy to see that Meowth was in disguise. Or maybe I didn't have my glasses on...?:

Edit: Well, anyways, again, I'll have to say that this was one of the best animated segments of Pokemon. In all its 330 episodes, 18 specials, 6 movies/Pikachu the Movies, and 4 OVA's -- this ranked right up there.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rei_Zero
7th December 2003, 01:07 AM
Interesting....they wanted the meteor that freshly fell from the sky? Why though? Could it be because of Deoxys, or is it some other reason? AnimeLee, could you shed some light forl me/us.

Zak
7th December 2003, 01:46 AM
As far as I know, Team Magma wanted to use it for their "Volcano System" machine, and use the machine in the volcano for something... not sure what, but somehow the meteor gave the machine some power. My guess is they thought it would somehow summon Groudon, cause they seemed to be pointing a laser at the volcano for hours... or maybe it was to do what they planned to make Groudon do (i.e. dry up the land or something), cause I don't recall Groudon's name being mentioned at all. I'm not sure what Team Aqua's role was here, but I'll have to watch the ep again.

Oh yeah, the featured character was Professor Soraishi, who was protecting the meteor to study it... sound familiar? Heh, I was hoping to see some sort of Pokemon associated with it, like Clefairy... but nothing. I think this was the only shard left of the famous meteorite that made the volcano in Mt. Chimney.

~Zak

Chris 2.1
7th December 2003, 08:37 AM
It looks as if TM have Golbat in this! Cool...they used Mightyena and Golbat, and TA used Walrein and Crawdaunt. Walrein looked cool ^^, although I think TA got their butts kicked....

Nikku-San
10th December 2003, 11:35 AM
Wow, sounds like a really great eppie. When you say it showed the meteor falling, do you mean an old meteor or Deoxys' meteor?