PDA

View Full Version : where can I catch Latio or Latias?

pokecenter
31st December 2002, 10:05 PM
hey all
I heard rumors that I can catch Latio and Latias in one of islands south of the city where the harbor is (the first barbor city you meet)... I have the code and I use cheat to get there, but because it's a cheat so the screen doesn't show up right, for example, I can walk in the water, but I can't walk in the grass, because of the screen shifted!
now, Pokemasters.net states that Latio and Latias can be caught randomly in the game after beating the Elite 4, but I haven't seen one so far, so does anyone have any tip?

Rudoku
1st January 2003, 01:09 AM
It's the same as the dog/cats in G/S...They'll find YOU. So you have to be patient at first.

pokecenter
11th January 2003, 12:51 PM
I don't think so, this is what I heard:
There is a small South Island DIRECTLY under Route 133 and 134, you can't Surf to there, because it's far under the route (just like Battle Tower), but I heard that you can ACTUALLY catch Latios/Latias in that island, when you meet certain requirements, which I am trying to get to, you will be able to take ship to that island, and enter a small forest, where there is a stone, use pokemon #123 talks to the stone and Latios/Latias will descend... it's level is 50!
I actually have been that island (by using cheat), this web site has some info about it
http://www.pokemonstation.tk
so I would like to know if anyone really meets Latios/Latias WITHOUT using cheats!
thanks!:D

Rei_Zero
11th January 2003, 01:17 PM
I think one of them is obtained randomly while the other is obtained through infinity ticket (only legal way to get it is at a convention).

pokecenter
18th January 2003, 01:17 PM
so does anyone ACTUALLY catch or meet one of these?:D

EspeonGuy
18th January 2003, 03:33 PM
d'oh :rolleyes:

I caught Latios already. I met him and caught him in the same route :D that was a LONG chase tho. ;\

wow.. so that is da way you catch other Lati's! I'm oughta check it out. XD

SiyKo75
18th January 2003, 05:35 PM
why must you use #123 as Zanguusu only appears in the Ruby games unless you trade or cheat.

I read wanna get to those islands. I also want to ask how often Latios appears in Ruby as I met him and as soon as I tried to fight he fled. I hope I haven't lost him and have to cheat to get him. I was also dissapointed by his level (40). After campturing a Level 70 Rekuuza not long after beating the Elite 4 I was expecting something rather special.

Oh well

SiyKo75

EspeonGuy
19th January 2003, 04:42 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: to the max.

LATIOS/LATIAS ARE LIKE SUICUNE/ENTEI/RAIKOU IN GOLD AND SILVER!!!!!

heard me? That means: You found Latios. And he fled. Now he's hiding somewhere else in Houen. (see @ your Pokedex)

You have to chase him down, beat up until he is barely alive and has a status condition (SLP recommended, PSN/BRN unrecommended). Then, get him.

Or just get him down with a Master Ball if you please. :I

Azura Stardust
19th January 2003, 05:21 AM
Yeah, and the thing is it's harder now because you can find Latis on water! I found my Latios while on the way to Rekkuzza's tower...

If you ask me keep your Masterball for the Lati's. Rekkuzza is easy enough if your pokemon are lv 60+ and one of them has Hypnosis or Thunder Wave. get an ice move and lower it down to low HP... and always keep trying to throw Ultra Balls etc :] because Lati's is harder, there's SO MANY PLACES TO SEARCH! might as well throw one masterball and get done with it, right :D?

SiyKo75
19th January 2003, 05:30 AM
unfortunatly I used my Masterball on Groudon as I never knew about the rest of the things in Ruby, I thought the Elite 4 was the end. Also I've never had the patience to play GSC/RBY past the Elite Four to discover all the extra's and stuff as I guess the graphics and sound got on my nerves and I never really bothered with the Legendaries in GSC.

Right, must dash *runs off to kick Latios' behind*

SiyKo75

*also not that I couldn't catch Rekkuuza using Ultra Balls and after about 200 attempts or reloading I just used 2 normal Pokéballs and caught him :P *

Champion_MKO
19th January 2003, 10:52 AM
See this movie (http://members.lycos.co.uk/pokefor/meowth346/clips/SouthIsle.zip)

EspeonGuy
19th January 2003, 12:59 PM
hahe good idea. for me all legends r sitting and dying of boredom in Ultra Balls. ^^;

except for Latios who is having fun @ Battle Tower hahahahaha!

I missed my Mball, I could of save it on Latios.. but this makes it fair XP

vitortomita
19th January 2003, 02:09 PM
Does Latias learn whirlwind/roar/something with the same effect?

Powarun
19th January 2003, 02:18 PM
Well I caught Latias in my Saphhire. I was just wansering around. Then I restarted and after I caught Rez i saw her again am i lucky.

Azura Stardust
20th January 2003, 02:40 AM
No I believe they come with Psychic, Refresh/Raster Purge and some attacks. No WW or Roar. So if you see em once, you can ready a Mean Looking Something the next time and as soon as they pop out, Release Monsterballs Like There's No Tommorrow, Yesterday or Today.

Strider Azure
22nd January 2003, 04:28 AM
The best way, is to forget about them, and they'll come to you when you expect it the least. Just make sure you bring enough ultra ball though.

pokecenter
23rd January 2003, 08:34 PM
again... I still believe that you can't catch Latios and Latias just like Suicune, Entei, and Raikou in Gold/Silver... Here is the correct proof to my theory
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/event/mugen2.html
I found this in Pokemon Japan Official site, I believe the information is correct (because it's from the official site)
I bet this page will surprise you all!
enjoy!:D

LatiasLover
23rd January 2003, 09:24 PM
Well what does te site say?

pokecenter
23rd January 2003, 11:25 PM
well... I don't read Japanese... but I know Chinese so I have ability to understand a little bit!
I think the screen shots should be enough to convince that Latios/Latias can be caught in the way I desceibe... Also I notice that when you take the ship in the harbor... it used to be a female receptionist that let you go to the ship... but in the screen shot, it's is a male!
I mean it's true that Latios/Latias can be caught only this way... others that states that they catch Latios/Latias probably use cheat to catch these legendary Pokemon to show how great they are (sorry, I mean no offerse)...
I think people here should accept the fact that what I said is correct!!! because it's base on the most accurate Pokemon information from Pokemon Japan OFFICIAL site... and the person who creates Pokemon is Japanese not Americans:D

LatiasLover
24th January 2003, 05:39 AM
Yah I don't like using cheats to get Pokemon. Well, I'm working on getting Latias now.

Azura Stardust
24th January 2003, 05:57 AM
o.....k, so this question has been answered, I can close this topic right? next time this question can be asked if you want in the faq topic.