Charizard04621
5th December 2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Chibi Espeon412
1}Whats it like being a mod?
2}Why did you become a mod?
3}Whats your email?
4}What forums do you mod?
5}Did you ban anyone yet?

1) Thankless and unforgiving. It's not cool.
2) Erm, I qualified?
3) Bleh.
4) RBY and ASB.
5) Ban anyone? Only Admins can do that. Get anyone banned? One.

Jay
5th December 2003, 11:24 PM
I was a former mod so I'll answer it.

3}Whats your email?

1] When I got into modding it was basically the same thing as being a normal member, but all you could do is close, move, etc. topics, and nothing more.

2] Suzie asked me to mod.

3] ... nah.

4] I used to moderate PCG. Aipom Of Doom took my place.

5] Charnumber said it. I got DK partially banned from ASB, but that's about it.

Zak
5th December 2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Charizard04621
5) Ban anyone? Only Admins can do that. Get anyone banned? One.

Actually Karin, there's something in the admin CP (on vB at least) that can enable mods to have banning power from the board (only admins can forum ban, confused yet?), hehe... I doubt Suzie or Kevin will do that any time soon, but I'm all for it. I'm sure a fellow named kurai would love it as well ;)

1. It's pretty fun... in AD at least. I wouldn't wanna mod any of the games forums, even though I was the best GSC mod ever... *gets dragged off by Suzie* FINE! I WAS SECOND BEST! ;)

2. I was qualified, I started to help out, answer questions, know a lot about the Anime, and usually the first to bring spoilers, if not Murgatroyd or Kasumi or whoever.

3. I actually don't have one right now.

4. AD and Spoilers.

5. *Points up to Char's post* But I've gotten a couple people banned.

~Zak

Aipom Of Doom
6th December 2003, 12:32 AM
1}Uhh... not much different than being a normal member... except there's imaginary houses and you can close topics and stuff.
2}Err... Because the other mods in PCG wanted me as one?
3}It's in the pcgrules topic if you really care. Send me spam at your own risk.
4}PCG.
5}Err yeah as karin said, we can't ban anyone... anyway it depends on what you define as "getting someone banned" I guess =p.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
6th December 2003, 03:17 AM

When I first became a mod is very exciting, back then there was a lot to do as the board was much more active than it is now and it was quite a busy job. Now it has calmed down a bit. Modding is something you get used to after a while. With modding comes a certain responsibility, which is quite nice.

I posted a lot in the General Discussion forum so a bit more than two months after I joined TPM then-admin LuGiA007 modded me. It was very surprising.

3}Whats your email?

avm.alex@chello.at

General Discussion

I sent several people who spammed or made offensive posts to Team Meeting before and they got banned, not lately though. Things are much quieter now in that regard which is good.

The Rusted One
6th December 2003, 04:05 AM
3}Whats your email?

1) Good, though it means that I have to keep an eye on all topics rather than just the ones I'm interested in posting in.
2) Well, basically, there was a competition, which I won.
3) randeru@hotmail.com - feel free to send emails, but if you wish to spam it up, all that'll happen is it'll get chucked out next time I empty my junkmail folder.
4) Misc.
5) Like the others have said, I can't ban people myself - but that's not to say that I haven't helped.

Chris
6th December 2003, 05:05 AM
3}Whats your email?

1. I'll put it this way: Not as attractive as it may first seem. No, you don't get instant respect; no, you don't start making tons of new friends; no, not everyone will like you. In fact, there's a better chance of making more enemies, because you're in a perfect scapegoat position.

2. LuGiA007 (now kainashi, now left the boards) modded me after a few months because Kasumi left and he needed a replacement for what was back then known as UBB Help. Then I was modded in TPM.net and the Pokedex Project forums because they were modless. ;)

3. EDIT: Since the amount of unsolicited mail I have received has increased fourfold since I posted my E-Mail address here, I've removed it. PM me if you want to speak to me.

4. vB Help (May 01 - present), TPM.net, Pokedex Project (both June 03 - present).

5. Bah, see Charizard04621's post again :P But yes, I have referred a number of people to be banned. Probably about 7 or so.

Little_Pikachu
6th December 2003, 09:37 AM
Even though I'm technically an admin, not a mod, I'll answer :)

Being a mod is cool, being an admin is just that little bit cooler. Somedays everything runs smoothly, somedays I'm up until 5am shutting people up. Somedays I miss everything, like I did last night ;< Morons.

Misc needed a new mod and I guess I was active and a decent poster and stuff, so I was asked to fill the spot. A couple of months later I found myself modded in UBB Help (Now vB Help) because a mod in there had been inactive and I must've been doing something right ^_^

3}Whats your email?
You can PM me if you want me :)

I've modded Misc, UBB/vB Help, GSC, ???, Shipping... Umm.. I've modded a lot because I keep filling all the spaces with myself when I'm bored. Being an admin, I mod all the forums anyway, doesn't matter if my name is up there or not.

More people than I can remember ^_^ Actually, Zak, hold that thought. It might not be such a bad idea...

The_Missing_Link
6th December 2003, 11:42 AM
3}Whats your email?

1) I personally like it. Finally gives me the chance to hunt a spammer down if no one else is on. Past mods have told me that after a while, it becomes a drag but I'm not bored yet ^^

2) Because I wanted to help people out (still do infact) and stop the spammers from ruining the forum. I wanted to become a mod of PCG since the first day I went into the forum. I had a chance to become one in December 2001 but someone else won the competition. Finally, I got the spot on May 17, 2003 (god help me if I'm wrong on that --;). I don't think I replaced anyone though, just filled up the 4th spot but I was happy nonetheless

3) PM me to find out. I don't want my e-mail to become publicly known since spammers could attack me whatever which way

4) PCG and Adopted/Captured Pokemon, the subforum

5) I've helped catch spammers but Suzie does the big job

AntiAsh Superstar
6th December 2003, 02:12 PM
1. It's no different to being a regular member, only you get to close topics and delete replies and go into secret mods-only forums where we all conspire against the rest of you. :D

2. Because reeb, the person I replaced, went MIA and they needed someone active in GD to take up the mod spot, so LuGiA007 modded me after the recommendations of the other GD mods, cloearly impressed by my waffling ability, which is at least twice that of the average human being. :o

3. Isn't there that 'click here to send (insert name here) an email' link on people's profiles? Just use that if you really, desperately want to send me an email.

4. GD. Don't you just hate it when you can only give a two character reply to a question?

5. I've chucked a few people in for potential bannings, not lately tho coz the GD lot have been rather well-behaved as of late.

RedStarWarrior
6th December 2003, 02:52 PM
Well, I used to be a mod...several times.

It is alright, not really that different except that you can actually do something about spam.
I was chosen.
3}Whats your email?
Can't say.
Let's see... I modded Stadium way back when, um...GD, and one other forum.
Moderators can't ban...only Suzie can.

Wolfsong
6th December 2003, 04:44 PM

Most of the time its ok though ocassionally you get an idiot that tries to cause trouble but they usually don't last long.

err, i was qualified, and asked

3}Whats your email?

[b]meh

PCG

As the others said, we can't ban, but report to the admin (suzie) who has the power to ban

mistysakura
6th December 2003, 05:29 PM
You're just a normal person with some extra stuff like moving topics, like Jay said. It's pretty cool, and we don't get a lot of spammers in Fanfic so no hunting them down... Oh yeah, and you get to update the news and stuff.

Because our last mod got demodded, and the rest of the mods held a contest for the position. I won it.

3}Whats your email?
Do you really need it?

Fanfic.

No... as said above, no one chooses to spam in Fanfic. in fact, I've seen exactly one spammer in a whole month, and he made abot 2 posts.

shazza
7th December 2003, 12:26 AM
Well, I modded here along time ago.

-It's pretty good, but nothing special, it's just fun helping TPM out.
-I became one in April 2001, and Lugia007 saw that I was active and decided to mod me in here, then later I was modded in UBBH by Kevin.
3}Whats your email?
-shazza@imaterrorist.com
-I modded PCG and UBBH
-Nah

Andrew
7th December 2003, 12:33 AM
- Its fun, though sometimes at times you get annoyed at people's daftness.
- Uh because I believe Mew Ryuu was demmodded for inactivity after like 7 months ;-: I miss her, she was so nice.
3}Whats your email?
- Well for kinky actio.... uh... wrong email ;) Here's my proper one ericksae@hotmail.com
At the moment, fanfic and its subforums and I'm temping at Ruby and Sapphire.
Ditto to other mod's replies.

kurai
7th December 2003, 10:37 PM
1) Well, I got my own shrine, and have gained a pretty sizeable amount of followers, so pretty divine would be the best description I suppose.

2) I was originally modded in my first forum since I was the most active and krad person in it, then I'm not sure for the rest of them.

3) No.

4) Video Games, Miscellaneous Stuff, and the secret forum. At one time I have also modded pretty much every forum here, and some that no longer exist, and I was an admin for a long time.

5) Yes, many people have I banned.

Sir Chris
7th December 2003, 10:37 PM
3}Whats your email?

1. Its not a big deal, I get to have more useful features at my disposal

2. I have grand dreams of reviving g/s/c, somehow, someday

3. don't do e-mail.

4. the lovely forum of g/s/c

5. this time around I haven't had anyone banned ;o

Craig
8th December 2003, 07:08 PM

Its okay, it is something to do ;)

because people thought I would be good at it :o and cause I did.. my answers suck.

3}Whats your email?

Craig466@hotmail.com ;)

Pokemon Anime

I can't ban anyone, I havn't gotten anyone banned as far as I know :|

Lady Vulpix
9th December 2003, 09:58 AM
3}Whats your email?

1} It takes some work, but not more than the things I was already doing here before I became a mod. I like it, the mod options are good for helping the forum run smoothly, I get to know many people through game-request PMs, and TM access is a nice bonus.
2} PCG needed some new mods, and Suzie and I had a talk the day before moving to this vB. I recommended Amy, and when I got here it turned out Amy and I were both mods!
3} I have many, so I'll name one: gsteren@latinmail.com
4} This one. And I've modded some on other boards, but now I'm only active on TPM.
5} I've posted banning recommendations, and those people got banned later on. I liked it when Suzie banned a couple of vets who were SPAMming as if rules didn't apply to them. :D

woz
9th December 2003, 11:36 AM
i was a former mod so i guess i'll answer.

1. it was fun at first, and it was alright for the rest of the time.
2. i got modded in general discussion, red blue and yellow, gold silver and crystal and gold silver and crystal help for being active and i got modded in video games by how most of the mods are decided today; knowing an admin well (i was also pretty active in that forum, though).
3. n/a.
4. i modded general discussion, red blue and yellow, gold silver and crystal, gold silver and crystal help and video games.
5. i was never an admin so i could not ban anyone, but i believe i had some people banned in 2000-2001.

Meowth_Kitten
9th December 2003, 07:05 PM
}Whats it like being a mod?
3}Whats your email?

1) Its great, I really enjoy it, though it does get frustrating sometimes when nutty people come along. I always wanted to be a mod when I discovered Fan Art and had a goal for it, and here I am, a mod. I have been inactive for a few weeks now, but soon enough I'll be back and working and enjoying modding FA just as much as ever. I really love it.

2) One of the former mods asked to be demodded, I believe. So Fan Art was in need of a new mod. I was asked by that ex-mod if I wanted to mod in his place and of course I was willing. He let LP know that I accepted and I was modded and have been ever since.

3) PM me if you want it. Why do you ask anyways?

4) I mod Fan Art. If you haven't visited, take a stroll down the galleries and enjoy.

5) Nope. I've gotten a few banned, though, I think. Maybe two or three. Those people were really dumb. Thats all I have to say 'bout that. :D

Gligar_Man
10th December 2003, 04:56 AM
1. like being a normal person
2. cause im sexy
3. no
4. rs & rmt subforum
5. only admins can, but i think only 2 people have been reccomended to be banned...

Lightning
12th December 2003, 05:50 PM
It's not that much different. It's just like added responsibility to being a member. o_o You've gotta be on a lot to check your forums, you've gotta be a perfect example setter, and stuff like that. It's actually pretty fun. ^_^ I like the extra rights and stuff.
Well, I'd been at FA for over a year and I'd been pining for a mod spot there since the very beginning when the FA mod was Onix11 who only showed up once at FA out of the whole time I've ever been here. o_O Basically my mod spot was finally a gift from the other FA mods. XD I was modded on my birthday!
3}Whats your email?
You can use lightning@lightninganime.ca, although I have about 5 different e-mails. o.o
I mod Fanart. ^_^
I kinda helped one person on the road to a ban... several times. o_o; But as everyone else has said, mods can't ban. ^_^;;

Silver Ledian
14th December 2003, 11:13 AM
I'm a former mod also so I guess I can answer the polls as well. Yesterday 2 years ago was when I got modded :)

3}Whats your email?

1) I actually took having the responsibility of being a mod on a board like TPM to be a big compliment and I loved every minute of it. Even when I had to close, move and delete topics or tell people off, I felt that I was doing something good for TPM and I was glad that during my modding days, people were happy with me as a mod :)

2) There was this thing that ended up in a vote. There were six contenders and that was brought down to two - me and Quicksilver - but I think that that day, Vidgamer left and so there was actually room for both of us on the PCG mod team, so we both got modded. I guess I was an experienced poster in PCG - knew the rules, posted a lot, helped people and stuff ^^

3) At the minute it's user_of_sarcasm@hotmail.com

4) Polls, Clubs and Games, although on April Fools Day 2002, someone hacked TPM and made it go disco-style...and I ended up as mod of General Discussion for a day ^^;;;

5) I only really reported one person and that was the annoyance that was JokersWild. If Suzie can remember, he was the spammy rotating IP-addressed ***** who invaded PCG and messed up Eevee House and stuff.