PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] A discussion on Tyranitar.

darkprince dk
6th December 2003, 02:23 AM
What would be a good set for this big and manly pokemon?

I think a good set would be Sandstorm, Fire Blast, Surf, Curse. I think this is a very good elemental Tyranitar for a strong pokemon with a high attack such as himself. What do you think? What would you use?

Thanks, and remember, don't spam!

Kyl3
6th December 2003, 08:22 AM
Horrible set. Just bad.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th December 2003, 09:05 AM
Well, Tyranitar doesn't need Sandstorm. Curse isn't going to serve a whole lot of purpose if you don't have physical attacks on Tyranitar, so that doesn't work either. Curse wouldn't help out Surf or Fire Blast (or Sandstorm, of course lol), so all you will be getting out of Curse would be the boost in defense, but Curse is kinda wasted if you don't use it to benefit your attack too. Go with a moveset like this...

Tyranitar

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
Flamethrower/Fire Blast (Your choice, whichever you prefer.)
@Leftovers.

Poryhedron
6th December 2003, 11:43 AM
Well, Tyranitar doesn't need Sandstorm.

You're not thinking of the Sand Stream special ability, are you? This is the GSC forum...if you mean Tyranitar's enough of a sweeper not to need the extra damage source, I'm far too much of a metagame newb to disagree, but the way you said that makes me think you might be making this mistake.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th December 2003, 02:43 PM
No, I meant that as it would relate to G/S/C. There are far better moves to have on Tyranitar then Sandstorm. Tyranitar is a sweeper type, and it doesn't need a move like Sandstorm, because it can do much more damage with other moves.

SupremeChampion
6th December 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by X1337
Horrible set. Just bad.

first of all, you X1337 need to post more than just "horrible set. just bad." how abou telling him/her what was wrong about that set. consider this a warning. try this set:
crunch, anientpower, e-quake, ice beam/flamethrower/t-bolt@leftovers

i use the standard set (i consider ap standard). i usually use i-beam, to cover weaknesses.

~The Italian Stallion

Spinarak-Man
6th December 2003, 03:15 PM
Curse, Roar, Quake, Rock Slide @ Leftovers

The Rexitar will always rock.

Sir Chris
7th December 2003, 10:26 PM
*stumbles into his forum*

WHOO, finally over THAT nasty bug

anyway, rexitar owns so much, I used to scream for NIGHTS over that damned thing, REX owned me so badly with it, sure, it was flawed to hell, but damnit, if you don't take into consideration some things, it is really a nasty beast

Anyway, I use personally the set of

crunch
surf
rock slide
earthquake

no real strat to it, just an all out attacker, and surf always seems to come in handy for the damnest reasons at times

also X1337, don't be so pompous, I will lay the smack down on your little self, k? ty

~ Chris

Carbonite4
19th December 2003, 06:59 PM
My T-tar has

Flamethrower
E-quake
Crunch
Rock Slide

Of course, this is all-offensive, so the DVs would be dist. to Spec. attack and attack. It's all right...gets the job done.

Side note: this SHOULD be the 1,000th post in the GSC forum.

titandude21
19th December 2003, 07:07 PM
i'd go with EQ, RS, Ice Beam, FB/Crunch/rest @ leftovers... t-tar can last very long w/ rest. curse set can be damaging but t-tar is still somewhat exposed on the special side. Ice Beam is the most useful special attack on it IMO... fire is second, but Crunch does have that 20% chance of lowering special defense, and that can be very useful.

Carbonite4, i don't think your post was not the 1000th post in this forum. there have been plenty more posts than that... i think they've just been truncated.

Green_Pikachu
20th December 2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Spinarak-Man
Curse, Roar, Quake, Rock Slide @ Leftovers

The Rexitar will always rock.

something tells me that really isn't the Rexitar. but oh well. I saw that long before REX popularized it.

i like at least one special move on him, preferably Surf. That's my opinion. Curse is almost a waste, because he usually won't have time to set up really. Skarm will come in, Heracross will come in, or a Water will come in. Every team has at least one of those 3 things, if not 2 or even all 3. I like Rock Slide, two special attacks, and then whatever.

GoldDraconian
20th December 2003, 04:37 PM
Of course, this is all-offensive, so the DVs would be dist. to Spec. attack and attack. It's all right...gets the job done.

Side note: this SHOULD be the 1,000th post in the GSC forum.

I find it amusing that you even comment in your post that this is the GSC forum, yet make a remark that only makes sense in RS (distribution of EVs- you can get 255 all around back here!).

Rock Slide or Ancientpower/Earthquake/Crunch/special move is the usual setup. Rexitar does get owned by a lot of stuff. If you want to use a Cursing Tyranitar, it needs Thunderbolt (Waters/Skarm) or Fire Blast (Skarm/Heracross). Even then, I don't recommend it. Tyranitar tends to be enough of a beatstick without Cursing up.

Thunderbolt/Fire Blast/Earthquake/Rock Slide might work, too... If you use Fire Blast, people will assume you don't pack Electricity and bring in Water, which you will electrocute. You're not going to be owning Suicunes in one hit, but you do about 33% more damage with Thunderbolt than you would with Rock Slide. Crunch does outpower Thunderbolt by 25 base power, but it has a less useful type.

Carbonite4
20th December 2003, 07:22 PM
I find it amusing that you even comment in your post that this is the GSC forum, yet make a remark that only makes sense in RS (distribution of EVs- you can get 255 all around back here!).

LoL, I know. I'm still in a RS mentality.:rolleyes:

I still stand by my T-tar moveset. :-P

And I did check the post count after mine, and it was 1000...a small victory on my part :-\