PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Rmt =d

Pig
7th December 2003, 07:09 AM
so here it is, i think all of them need help apart from lapras.

Lapras
Body Slam
Confuse Ray
Surf
Ice Beam

Exeggutor
PoisonPowder/Toxic
Mega Drain
Psywave/Psychic
Leech Seed

Hypno
Poison gas
Tri attack
Mega Punch
Psychic

Dragonite
Thunderbolt
Slam/Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Surf

Cloyster(i want to replace him)
Spike cannon
Ice Beam
Supersonic
Surf

Ninetails
Confuse Ray
Flamethrower
Fire spin
Roar(dont want this)

thanks for any help you can give me :)

Charizard04621
7th December 2003, 08:40 AM
Lapras - Personally I use Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Rest; but Body Slam rather than Rest is nice, too. You want Thunderbolt for waters, for sure. Otherwise Lapras could not by any means beat Starmie. Also, don't start with Lapras. It's too valuable.

Exeggutor - No way. Poison is bad stuff. It only prompts switching, and helps protect the opponent against nasiter effects such as paralysis, sleep, and freeze. Exeggutor is much better an all-out attacker than it is a survivor. Sleep Powder, Explosion, and Psychic are a must on it. Otherwise Chansey laughs at Eggy. Not a good thing.

Hypno - Poison is bad. Really, really bad. Mega Punch sucks(accuracy), Tri Attack(not a great power) doesn't even have the cool chance of status effect like in GSC, and as a Psychic Hypno's Attack strength really isn't enough to back those up. Put Thunder Wave and Reflect over Poison Gas and Tri Attack. Rest or Body Slam are nice over Mega Punch, with Rest helping Hypno to last longer, or Body Slam owning the heck out of Alakazams(bar Counter). I love the paralysis chance of Body Slam.

Dragonite - Never, ever use Slam. It's inaccurate, and Body Slam is 99.6% accurate, has a higher power, and can paralyze things. Body Slam over Surf/Blizzard(Dragonite doesn't have STAB, so an upgrade is nice, especially since Draggy doesn't last that long). 4x Ice weakness kills, because you're going to find Ice attacks on every decent team.

Cloyster - Get a Ground type. You really need one.

Ninetales - Start with Ninetales. Fire Spin is worthless against human players, because they can simply switch out in RBY. It's also too inaccurate to rely on as a switch-forcer. Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Confuse Ray, Substitute, Body Slam(just for paralysis chance).

Pig
8th December 2003, 12:14 PM
my team officially needs re-designing. i just got creamed by the elite 4 and i want to ditch half of my team. i only want to keep Lapras, Ninetails & Dragonite.

can anyone suggest other pokemons that would fit into my team well with or without movesets? i'd be willing to train them.