PDA

View Full Version : Hobosama's Team.

MsgBoardHobo
8th December 2003, 01:24 AM
Please give a rate one out of ten, moveset suggestions will be accepted, but generally, i am confident that i made the right decisions regarding that aspect.

Wailord@Leftovers Hardy-No Effect Ability: Water Veil
Ice Beam
Amnesia
Earthqauke
Surf

Wailord is an all purpose sponge. He takes special hits like you wouldnt believe. Although somewhat vulnerable to physical blows, Wailord does his job well. Plus, I mean, hes a freaking wale, does not get any cooler than that.

Slaking@Choice Band Adamant - Atk+ SpAtk- Ability: Truant
Shadow Ball
Earthqauke
Brick Break
Hyper Beam

Slaking is my fire fighter. Hes pretty fast, and just a little bit on the physically strong side ^_^;; Gogo Hyper Beam.

Gardevoir@Leftovers Modest Spatk+ Atk- Abi: Trace
Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Psychic

Either Andy or Titan are going to start screaming and yelling because of this moveset, (I can hear it now, "Hp fire" or "Will-o-Wisp" they snarl) but hypnosis is useful. Sleep is not a fun status affect, especially when some baton passer or Kyogre abuser gets on his high horse and starts puffing his chest out in noobish idiocy.

Aggron@Leftovers Adamant Atk+ SpAtk- Abi: Rock Head
Iron Defense
Iron Tail
Double-Edge
Roar

Opposite of Wailord, psuedohazer, and steel type. Gogo Steel types. Iron Defense pumps up his GLARING physical weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, and since i dont really plan on fighting water types with Aggron, special defense is not much of a concern.

Muk@Leftovers Careful SpDef+ SpAtk- Abi: Sticky Hold
Curse
Shadow Punch
Sludge Bomb
Toxic

Muk is this really interesting cross between Wailord and Aggron. With curse, all my EVS dumped in to Hp and Special Defense, not to mention his nature, a few turns and im in buisness. And Muk would just not be complete without Toxic, his tankishness supporting its usage quite nicely.

Breloom@Leftovers Adamant Atk+ SpAtk- Abi: Effect Spore
Spore
Bulk Up
Mach Punch
Sludge Bomb

Breloom has a purpose, and although this moveset is certainly not standard, it works like a charm. Fight, and make things go sleepy is what he does, and does well. I almost always put him out first to Spore, Bulk Up, or if im lucky, sweep right off the bat. Why Mach Punch and not Focus Punch or Brick Break? Glad you asked, in case you didn't know, Mach Punch goes first, always. So, for instance, some dude decides to switch Slaking out after a Bulk Up, I mach punch him and watch the tears flow. Or, Kyogre, remember i was talking about strong PI hits? This one takes the cake. Or even Alakazam! Mach Punch, baboomba. A sort of Zangoosian annoyance. Sludge Bomb is there for, things that Sludge Bomb is good against, and Mach Punch is not.

So! Thats my team, if you were here before editing, remove all that info from your brains. This team is in the process of being made, and any helpful tips or criticism is appreciated. And no, I do not play RSbot, thats not pokemon, thats lazyassmon.

P.S. If you know someone that can make a banner for me containing all my pokemon in my signature, i would be most pleased :D

Gligar_Man
8th December 2003, 07:18 PM
Ice Beam
Amnesia
Earthqauke
Surf

lol, ok, so you like the whale, people have found withhis ability water veil he makes a better phys attacker then spec... something like... double-edge, earthquake/sleep talk, curse, rest, adamant... :D eps into hp/s.d. a little in attack/defense... id give you mine, but rsbot is down...

Shadow Ball
Earthqauke
Brick Break
Hyper Beam

return is better then hyper beam, so you dont have to stay in an extra turn, you can switch after, and focus punch is also better then brick break

Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Psychic

id go calm instead of modest, moveset is nice... trace is ok... for wobbs... some would prefer notk, but it can do well enough, but since you have spore on someone else, dont wanna break sleep clause do oyu, maybe will-o-wisp, or something else at least... but whatever

Iron Defense
Iron Tail
Double-Edge
Roar

ummm... choice band is good on aggron, and impish is better then adamant... but i guess it would do, :\ just stat-wise, impish is much better (10% of 400>10% of 300), oh well... ive seen sets like this work well enough, :\ iron defense can help big time in alot of scenarios... bleh, maybe something over iron tail... for accuracy, but whatever, no big loss... doesnt have the worlds best movepool

Curse
Shadow Punch
Sludge Bomb
Toxic

fire blast over toxic... or explosion... and i wouldnt reccomend shadow punch... but i guess this is an in-game team, so its cool

Spore
Bulk Up
Mach Punch
Sludge Bomb

heh, spore, focus punch, mach punch, hp-ghost works very well... you could use counter or sludge bomb over hp-ghost though... id ddefinitely reccomend focus punch thuogh... having both focus & mach is not bad, :\ and mach doesnt ohko a slaking... while focus punch, can... esspecially if you do it on witch instead of bulk up... spore/focus punch should be an obvious combo...

overall, not a terrible in-game team, id just change a few movesets and personalities aruond... and dont be dissing rsbot... anyways, not bad for an in-game team, consider some of my reccomendations

MsgBoardHobo
8th December 2003, 08:29 PM
Wow, you are like, the most enthusiastic individual alive huh? :D

Also, you make in game sound like a newbish activity. But, thanks for the rate ^_^

P.S. I would have more respect for the Botters if they actively handpicked and raised their pokemon.

Spinarak-Man
9th December 2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by MsgBoardHobo
Wow, you are like, the most enthusiastic individual alive huh? :D

Also, you make in game sound like a newbish activity. But, thanks for the rate ^_^

P.S. I would have more respect for the Botters if they actively handpicked and raised their pokemon.

1) It takes no skill to beat in game trainers aside from Battle Tower... and even the BT isn't extremely hard or challenging. This is why most people don't see in game battling as anything spectacular because it's not much of a challenge.

2) It takes no brains to continuously walk around waiting for 2 pokemon to produce the 1 egg that has the right personality, ability, and decent EVs and to then repetatively beat the elite 4 over and over after the right EPs have been obtained. There's nothing to "respect" as any one who owns the game can waste numerous hours of their time doing it if they so desired.

MsgBoardHobo
9th December 2003, 08:23 PM
Its the derogative hint of my newbishness that annoys me. Also, i put the EFFORT (not smarts) in to raising my team, and you?

I have no problem with Botters, just so long as they do not declare anyone who does not do as they do "nub's"

Gligar_Man
10th December 2003, 04:51 AM
well the competition is certainly better in rsbot... most of the moves & etc. you use, wouldnt do you too well, also, you could use it to test a team against other people who are better battlers then most a.i. :D

and then make your team...

Iveechan
10th December 2003, 01:25 PM
I've seen some people give Jolly to their Brelooms so Spore has a better chance of hitting first. I'm not sure how much this helps its speed (I hear its speed isn't too hot), but usually when I plan a Pokemon who uses bulk up or calm mind, I make them jolly or timid respctively (timid for Gardy would be nice). Not sure how well those would work though. Not saying jolly will make Breloom inot a speed demon, but any ounce of speed advantage is good in rsbot.

Gligar_Man
10th December 2003, 01:52 PM
jolly breloom has 262 speed (w/252 evs)

70 base...

GoldDraconian
11th December 2003, 08:32 PM
Its the derogative hint of my newbishness that annoys me. Also, i put the EFFORT (not smarts) in to raising my team, and you?

NOTE: The following statements are not insults.

In my humble opinion, it's harder to plan EVs and movesets than to obtain them in-game. Thinking is harder than... well... pushing buttons. I play the game too... but I don't do it for a challenge, I do it when I'm bored.

And no, I do not play RSbot, thats not pokemon, thats lazyassmon.

I'd call it "skiptothegoodpartmon", personally. More like fast forwarding through the pre

NOTE: The previous statements were not insults.

Anyway...

Ice Beam
Amnesia
Earthqauke
Surf

Wailord is an all purpose sponge. He takes special hits like you wouldnt believe. Although somewhat vulnerable to physical blows, Wailord does his job well. Plus, I mean, hes a freaking wale, does not get any cooler than that.

Whales are indeed awesome. Not as cool as walruses (no Beetles songs about being a whale :(), but pretty damn cool nonetheless. Also, there's that Skitty thing...
Anyway...
If you don't want to go either pure physical or pure special, why not at least get -Speed +Defense on it? It's not like there's any good DV distribution that allows it much Speed, and it isn't especially quick to begin with...

Shadow Ball
Earthqauke
Brick Break
Hyper Beam

Slaking is my fire fighter. Hes pretty fast, and just a little bit on the physically strong side ^_^;; Gogo Hyper Beam.

Some people like Return because it lets you switch out. I can see Return actually working for you, since you have a physical tank in Aggron, a special tankish guy in Muk, a decent overall attack absorber in Wailord, a certain amount of Special Defense with Gardevoir... but it's your choice, and I'll assume that Hyper Beam is working well enough. You could actually pack both HB and Return by cutting Brick Break, but that seems pointless to me. Just something to consider.

Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Psychic

Either Andy or Titan are going to start screaming and yelling because of this moveset, (I can hear it now, "Hp fire" or "Will-o-Wisp" they snarl) but hypnosis is useful. Sleep is not a fun status affect, especially when some baton passer or Kyogre abuser gets on his high horse and starts puffing his chest out in noobish idiocy.

I really don't feel that WOW is all that vital here, considering that sleep is so much more versatile. That slot is the only one that's really at all questionable.

Iron Defense
Iron Tail
Double-Edge
Roar

Opposite of Wailord, psuedohazer, and steel type. Gogo Steel types. Iron Defense pumps up his GLARING physical weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, and since i dont really plan on fighting water types with Aggron, special defense is not much of a concern.

Fine. Too bad he doesn't get any better STAB moves...

Curse
Shadow Punch
Sludge Bomb
Toxic

Muk is this really interesting cross between Wailord and Aggron. With curse, all my EVS dumped in to Hp and Special Defense, not to mention his nature, a few turns and im in buisness. And Muk would just not be complete without Toxic, his tankishness supporting its usage quite nicely.

No Explosion? :( Isn't there anything better than Shadow Punch?

Spore
Bulk Up
Mach Punch
Sludge Bomb

Breloom has a purpose, and although this moveset is certainly not standard, it works like a charm. Fight, and make things go sleepy is what he does, and does well. I almost always put him out first to Spore, Bulk Up, or if im lucky, sweep right off the bat. Why Mach Punch and not Focus Punch or Brick Break? Glad you asked, in case you didn't know, Mach Punch goes first, always. So, for instance, some dude decides to switch Slaking out after a Bulk Up, I mach punch him and watch the tears flow. Or, Kyogre, remember i was talking about strong PI hits? This one takes the cake. Or even Alakazam! Mach Punch, baboomba. A sort of Zangoosian annoyance. Sludge Bomb is there for, things that Sludge Bomb is good against, and Mach Punch is not.

Mach Punch is generally better than Quick Attack. Quick Attack is good enough to see play in RS. Logically, Mach Punch is fine. It seems to work in practice as well as it does in theory.

HP Ghost would be good over Sludge Bomb, but considering the amount of time that would take, Sludge Bomb should be fine.

Overall: This team is :cool:.

MsgBoardHobo
11th December 2003, 10:20 PM
Im switching Shadow Punch for Brick Break. Steel weakness blah blah etc.

Thanks for the rate ^_^;;

GoldDraconian
12th December 2003, 07:00 PM
Brick Break. Good work. I like Fire Blast on Muk, but it doesn't cooperate well with Adamant. It's fine with Brave... but you've found something that works, so mise well keep it, eh?

Relaxed on Wailord was my only other real suggestion. Do you outspeed anything with Hardy on it?

You're quite welcome. Anything with Walrein or Wailord automatically gets considered; anything with as much substance as your team is automatically rated. This bunch of hobos have managed to fit about 10 Pokemon worth of stuff into 6 slots.

MsgBoardHobo
13th December 2003, 11:59 PM
Wailord outspeeds what he needs to outspeed.

Most Rock/Ground pokemon. Some grass types.

Fire types and electric types dont do a whole lot to Wailord.