PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Hey guys, Im New

Charizard22
8th December 2003, 06:31 PM
Whats up all. Is there any way to change my time in Pokemon Crystal? Also, has anyone noticed that crystal actually has better fighting graphics than Ruby/Sapphire and is an all together better game. Ruby seems to me to be a revamp of the orginal game. if anyone can help me out with the time, id be abliged.

Number1ChanseyFan
8th December 2003, 06:39 PM
Hello, welcome to TPM!! I hope that you enjoy your stay and have fun posting at the forums!! ^_^

Anyways, unfortunately, there is no way to change your time in Pokémon Crystal. In Gold and Silver, there was a certain thing that you could do so that you could change the day and time on your game, it went like this...

After you turn your game on, and the title screen with Lugia (Silver version) or Ho-oh (Gold version) appears, on your Gameboy, press select, down, and B. Now, answer Yes to the question. It will then ask you to enter your password.

Your Password depends on your Trainer's name, ID number, and the amount of money that your trainer is currently holding. Note that only the money that you are holding counts, so don't figure in money that your mom is holding for you. Now, go to this page, http://filb.yagb.de/pwf/ and just enter your Trainer's name, (NOTE: Make sure that you enter your name exactly as you have it entered in your game, becuase your name is case-sensitive when it is being used to calculate this password!!) ID number, and the amount of money currently held into the boxes, then click the gray button that says "Get Password," and the password that you have to enter on your game will be displayed for you.

Now, the only problem, is that when Pokémon Crystal was released, Nintendo made sure to take out the whole time changing trick...

Sir Chris
8th December 2003, 07:02 PM
On a side note, I would just also like to welcome to TPM, and may ye have much fun posting in g/s/c, don't spam and you and I will get along just fine

I will have to agree with you that crystal has better fighting graphics than even ruby or sapphire. Altthough, I must admit that Crystal is also my favorite version of any pokemon game. Although, ruby doesn't seem like muc of a remake to me persay, it does share some of the lameness that red had, and I really did enjoy the 16 gyms in the g/s/c versions, as well as the challenge of capturing all those pokemon, which is now limited in ruby and sapphire

Have a nice day

Strider
8th December 2003, 09:04 PM
Ruby doesn't seem much a revamp of the original to me. I mean sure, the gameplay mechanics are basically alike, along with the story and such; but there are some 'updated' elements, such as the battle system and the different pokemons, of course.

But then again, all versions of pokemon are pretty much the same in the end...

And on the subject of Crystal's graphics, they do seem crisper and cleaner compared to G/S. But compared to R/S, I wouldn't say they are better.. just about, or almost, on par.

Anyways.. welcome to TPM and enjoy your stay. :wave:

SupremeChampion
9th December 2003, 09:50 AM
welcome to the forums!

anyway, there are no ways to change your clock in crystal, which is kind of bad. also, i think that r/s graphics are probably about the same as crystal. they both look very clean, though i might give the edge to r/s just because it's the "newer" game.

~The Italian Stallion

Poryhedron
9th December 2003, 04:51 PM
Some of the RS graphics are better than the Crystal graphics because RS allows for more than four different colors in a pokémon. However, I notice RS has an odd tendency to make some of the GSC species look smaller...anyone else notice this? Maybe it's because 2-on-2 battles make relative scale more important...

ShinyVulpix
10th December 2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by SupremeChampion
welcome to the forums!

anyway, there are no ways to change your clock in crystal, which is kind of bad. also, i think that r/s graphics are probably about the same as crystal. they both look very clean, though i might give the edge to r/s just because it's the "newer" game.

~The Italian Stallion

In Crystal
If you talk to your mom and when she ask about saving your money then you answer "No".She'll ask you to switch to daylight saving time.If you answer "Yes",you'll go back to 1 hour before

but you can't set the clock by yourself in Crystal

Charizard22
10th December 2003, 11:40 AM
I set my time wrong, i meant to set it on mountain time, and accidentally set it 2 hours ahead, which is eastern time. i just wanted to set it back. last time i tried to do that she told me she lost the manual, lol. hey Shiny Vulpix, how did you post your team at the bottem, thats really cool.

Number1ChanseyFan
10th December 2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Charizard22
how did you post your team at the bottem, thats really cool.

Ok, you have to go to the place where you put your sig in. Just click on the gray button that says "user cp". You can find this button towards the top of just about every page on the forums. Now, click where it says "Edit Profile". Scroll down the page a little bit, and you will find a place to put your signature. To put pictures in your sig, you need to first find out the URL of the picture, after you do, put at the beginning of the URL, and then put at the end of the URL. Make sure that there are no spaces between the URL and the img tags. If you want more then one picture in your sig, then you need to make sure that you use a different set of img tags for each URL, because each URL needs it's own img tags. After you are done, go to the bottom of the page, and click on the gray button towards the bottom that says "Submit Modifications". Now, the pictures should show up in your sig every time you post!! ;)

ShinyVulpix
13th December 2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Number1ChanseyFan
Hello, welcome to TPM!! I hope that you enjoy your stay and have fun posting at the forums!! ^_^

Anyways, unfortunately, there is no way to change your time in Pokémon Crystal. In Gold and Silver, there was a certain thing that you could do so that you could change the day and time on your game, it went like this...

After you turn your game on, and the title screen with Lugia (Silver version) or Ho-oh (Gold version) appears, on your Gameboy, press select, down, and B. Now, answer Yes to the question. It will then ask you to enter your password.

Your Password depends on your Trainer's name, ID number, and the amount of money that your trainer is currently holding. Note that only the money that you are holding counts, so don't figure in money that your mom is holding for you. Now, go to this page, http://filb.yagb.de/pwf/ and just enter your Trainer's name, (NOTE: Make sure that you enter your name exactly as you have it entered in your game, becuase your name is case-sensitive when it is being used to calculate this password!!) ID number, and the amount of money currently held into the boxes, then click the gray button that says "Get Password," and the password that you have to enter on your game will be displayed for you.

Now, the only problem, is that when Pokémon Crystal was released, Nintendo made sure to take out the whole time changing trick...

Does it work on Japanese version?

Lynx Wolverina
16th December 2003, 02:36 PM
Hellowelcome, I like Charizard.
Have fun here, I hope you WILL, this is a really good forum I say.

Strider
17th December 2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by ShinyVulpix
Does it work on Japanese version?

It doesn't work in either version, I believe.