PDA

View Full Version : New Episode Title: Ep 334/AG59

Chris 2.1
10th December 2003, 01:01 PM
Got the information from Serebii. Translated by Yami Ron:

Jp334: Breaking through Steel Valley! Torkoal VS Steelix!

All I can say is: Wtf-wow-wahoo!!?!?!?!

Either these Pokemon battle together and prevent access past the valley, someone may catch either Pokemon (People like myself who thought Ash may catch it could wager he catches this...).....although when we had Haunter VS Kadabra they didn't REALLY fight. This is diffferent, I think: This is AG!

Discuss (Always wanted to say that ^^)

Zak
10th December 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Brit Chris

You copycat :P lol, just playin'.

Anyways, once again this strengthens my theory that Ash will get a Torkoal... unless, of course, Flannery comes with them. Maybe someone will catch Steelix...? :o well, the "Steel Valley" sure makes it seem wild. I guess it's the leader of the pack then, but if no one gets Steelix, I would love to see Ash get some Steel type from this place. Hopefully Aron or Beldum.... meh, fat chance.

~Zak

Rocketboy
10th December 2003, 02:20 PM
I wonder if Ash will catch a Torkal because despite Misty and Brock no gym leader has joined Ash and I don't think Flannery will either because the former gym leader retired right?

Pewter City Geodude
10th December 2003, 02:26 PM
I agree with Zak, I definitely think this points to Ash getting a Torkoal. The fact that this episode is separated from the Flannery 2-parter by a Spinda episode only backs up that theory. :D I also wonder if that Steel Valley was created to be the home of a Steel type that one of the group will capture...

Chris 2.1
10th December 2003, 02:37 PM
this reminded me of JLC when Ash saw a Steelix in the intro......Fuinnily enough I think Brock plays a part in this, maybe not a catch of Torkoal but its weird...Steelix is a cool Pokemon, I like it. I'd like Max to catch wee Torkoal, but we'll see ^^

JazzJazz
10th December 2003, 03:11 PM
Perhaps both torkoal and steelix will be caught and whenever they're released from their pokeballs they'll feud... new running gag. I know this has a 0.00001% chance of ever happening.

Team Rocket's Lugia
10th December 2003, 03:26 PM
I have a really far-fetched theroy.
Brock gets his Onix back, and evolves into a steelix, they go to Steel vally, were a Torkal is terrorizing the steel pokemon. Steelix wants to protect them, so they battle!

Light_Togetic
10th December 2003, 05:51 PM
Hmm... this title could really go any way. Meh, why does Ash need a stinkin' pokemon?! James should be the next in line to get one!! *calms down* Erm, I just think he needs more than one pokemon...

I hope that someone catches a Torkoal though. Hopefully it's not just an episode with two trainers' pokemon battling each other, because that can get really boring, really fast... But hey, this is AG right? So we should get a pleasant surprise! Right...?

Pewter City Geodude
10th December 2003, 06:04 PM
*copies and pastes his post from Serebii*

OK, whether or not Flannery has a Torkoal has not yet been definitively revealed. It was her main Pokemon in the games, so if it was the same in the anime, you'd think we would have found out by now. That leads me to believe that she does not have a Torkoal. The writers of course have to feature Torkoal somehow, and Ash needs a Fire type to keep up the tradition of having one Pokemon of each basic element, so what better way to show Torkoal off (aside from Flannery having it) than Ash catching one? So the fact that Flannery *apparently* doesn't have one makes it seem more likely that Ash will get one in that upcoming episode.

Since the title mentions Steel Valley, maybe they go through it and find a rampaging Steelix a la "To Master the Onix-pected"? Ash has caught Torkoal already so he sends it out to try and subdue Steelix, remembering how his Cyndaquil successfully defeated Jasmine's Steelix back in Olivine City.

Kojiro
10th December 2003, 06:45 PM
Torkoal versus Steelix is a easy fight, type disadvantage,it would be even better if Skarmory appears, or that Steelix belong to a certain Trainer.........and I am not talkin bout Jasmine or Harrison!

coughbashoucoughcoughcough!

Pewter City Geodude
10th December 2003, 06:46 PM
That's where you're wrong, Torkoal vs Steelix is evenly matched as far as type matchups go. Fire is strong against Steel, yet Ground is strong against Fire.

Kojiro
10th December 2003, 06:49 PM
Oh yeah forgot about Steelixs dual type, plus Torkaol is probably slower then Steelix, and is not as agile as Cyndaquil.

Okay I have another theory, I think maybe Ash will get Torkaol as a gift from Flannery. Could be......or maybe Flannery could journey with them for a while, and she uses Torkoal........or maybe brock or james get Torkaol and have to fight a steelix.

Off-topic-Hey geodude how come you never update your site anymore,it was cool!

Pewter City Geodude
10th December 2003, 06:53 PM
You mean my review site? Haven't had a chance lately, been busy with college work...and not having internet at home for the last couple months sure as heck didn't help. But I have it again now so I'm gonna try to get the reviews going again soon. The tape that contains the next episode I have to review is still sitting on top of my VCR. :P

Rei_Zero
10th December 2003, 07:36 PM
Fire good against steel. Ground good against fire. Steel good against rock. Rock ...nothing...
So ya...Steelix has an advantage here. Now as for if Torkoal gets caught. That's up in the fires. I know James will not get Torkoal, because James has never gotten pokemon like that before. All his pokemon have scaryishly goofy faces.

Pewter City Geodude
10th December 2003, 07:55 PM
Rock has absolutely nothing to do with it. Neither Torkoal nor Steelix are Rock-types. Steelix can learn Rock attacks but that's it. In this case Rock attacks would have the same effect on Torkoal as Ground attacks, except Ground would have the added advantage of STAB.

Osiris
10th December 2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Team Rocket's Lugia
I have a really far-fetched theroy.
Brock gets his Onix back, and evolves into a steelix, they go to Steel vally, were a Torkal is terrorizing the steel pokemon. Steelix wants to protect them, so they battle!

I Thought Something similary:

What If Brock's Onix evolved into Steelix and Jiroo send it back to Brock because Jiroo can't control it !?????

Animelee
10th December 2003, 09:05 PM
What if the writers kill two birds with one stone by making Jiro send back Onix to Brock (Steelix), and make Ash catch Torkoal? :o

Edit: By the way, no offense to Yami Ron, but where did he find out this information? I'm not saying he's lying, it's just that I don't see it on PokePale.

Edit: Wait, wouldn't this be AG58? :confused:

Pewter City Geodude
10th December 2003, 09:39 PM
It would be awesome if Brock got Onix/Steelix back since they're two of my favorite Pokemon (Onix being the best), but somehow I think it'll be a wild Steelix...odd that they specifically chose Steelix though instead of a new Steel type like Mawile or Aggron...

Nikku-San
10th December 2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Brit Chris
Got the information from Serebii. Translated by Yami Ron:

Jp334: Breaking through Steel Valley! Torkoal VS Steelix!

All I can say is: Wtf-wow-wahoo!!?!?!?!

Either these Pokemon battle together and prevent access past the valley, someone may catch either Pokemon (People like myself who thought Ash may catch it could wager he catches this...).....although when we had Haunter VS Kadabra they didn't REALLY fight. This is diffferent, I think: This is AG!

Wow, this episode has a lot of potential. First off, it's sure to have a lot of action. Second, the introduction of the last new fire Pokemon, meaning Ash's last chance to round off his team. And third, as Kojiro already hinted at, where there's a Steelix, there could be the best TR team ever. As far as villainy goes anyway. I know it's a long-shot but AG has surprised us many times before. Just one little problem....

THERE IS NO TEAM ROCKET IN HOENN! ;.; As Giovanni told J&J when they called him, there is no TR branch there due to the dominance of Teams Aqua and Magma. B&B could be there on a special mission, but the chances aren't high...

Zak
10th December 2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
What if the writers kill two birds with one stone by making Jiro send back Onix to Brock (Steelix), and make Ash catch Torkoal? :o

Edit: By the way, no offense to Yami Ron, but where did he find out this information? I'm not saying he's lying, it's just that I don't see it on PokePale.

~It's on PokePale's boards, stuff always goes there a few days before the webmaster adds them. The people who post there get them from magazines and TV guides et al... you expect him to have SOME source, right? Last I checked, Palette was unofficial... ;)

Edit: Wait, wouldn't this be AG58? :confused:

~Yes, it would indeed. *Edits*

~Zak

Chris 2.1
11th December 2003, 02:31 PM
Zak - thanks for editing! I suck at...remembering ... erm...stuff ^_^

Im looking forward to this. Since its confirmed Flannery has a Torkoal I reckon she's gonna travel with Ash&Co for a few eps. Just a thought

Light_Togetic
11th December 2003, 02:45 PM
That's interesting... Why would Flannery want to travel with Ash and co. for only a little while? Perhaps she needs something in a nearby town/village? Maybe she wants to catch a Spinda?? o.O

Whatever the case, I guess we shouldn't jump to too many conclusions; it's not like it's been confirmed that she does go with them anyway.

Animelee
11th December 2003, 03:24 PM
Hmmm, since it's confirmed that Flannery has Torkoal, then, we have hope!

In AG, they seldom focus another episode on a Pokemon featured in a previous episode unless it's important. Like, when the Contest girl from AG13 used Beautifly in the Pokemon Contest, it inspired May to get a Wurmple so she could one day get a Beautifly, as well.

Maybe Ash was so inspired by seeing Flannery's Torkoal in action, that he wants one for himself, and in AG58, he has the opportunity? I seem to recall Ash also being a starterphile, going crazy for the Kanto and Johto starter Pokemon.

I hope that made sense -- sometimes I have trouble expressing myself properly. :S

Kojiro
11th December 2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Wow, this episode has a lot of potential. First off, it's sure to have a lot of action. Second, the introduction of the last new fire Pokemon, meaning Ash's last chance to round off his team. And third, as Kojiro already hinted at, where there's a Steelix, there could be the best TR team ever. As far as villainy goes anyway. I know it's a long-shot but AG has surprised us many times before. Just one little problem....

THERE IS NO TEAM ROCKET IN HOENN! ;.; As Giovanni told J&J when they called him, there is no TR branch there due to the dominance of Teams Aqua and Magma. B&B could be there on a special mission, but the chances aren't high...

He said that a long time ago, it could of changed, anyway he said no braches, but that does not mean there are some Teams there, just not a big group. Anyway I doubt Bashou would appear, but there is a chnace.

BTW a old pokemon as the enemy? I have to agree with Geodude, usually when they use a old guy, it probably will be a main charcter realted thing.

Nikku-San
12th December 2003, 08:12 AM
Still, what would a team of two being doing in the territory of two rival gangs that are sort of at war as it is? Doesn't seem really smart or safe to me. ^-^;;

Gravy
12th December 2003, 08:13 AM
Meh, I don't get why so many people think this Steelix will belong to someone, or if someone will get it. They ain't gonna give anyone in the group a pokémon like Steelix, considering it is one of the older generation pokes...
I think that the title of the episode kinda implies that its a wild one anyways. I'm guessing its one of those 'bully' pokémon (remember that giant Onix?) that has gone bad for some reason or another, and is causing problems in the valley, so Satoshi-tachi have to dispose of it.
I agree with Pewter City Geodude. I'm surprised there aren't any new steel types being introduced....or are there?
I like the idea of Flannery being around for a while too. Nor my favourite character, but its always nice to see a new face in the group for a while. If she does tag along, I'm guessing it would be for training. She is only a beginer at gym leading after all.

Nikku-San
12th December 2003, 06:18 PM
New hair-brained theory! Okay, let's say it is a wild Steelix. A really strong one. Ash, being the hero tries to stop it and save a village. But he's in over his head. Looks like this is it when... BAM! A Fireblast scares it away. It's Flannery to the rescue! But why is she here? During the confusion in fighting off Team Rocket after their gym battle (it's inevitable) she forgot to give him a badge. Everyone makes the "n.n;;" or "u.u" face. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

That's just a theory. Most likely not gonna happen, but it would be funny.

Pewter City Geodude
12th December 2003, 06:22 PM
Nah, Ash would remember about the badge. :P Try this one on for size:

Ash gets inspired by how Flannery's Torkoal battles, and how cool it is and stuff. After Ash beats Flannery, she says she knows where to find some wild Torkoal. It's not far, so she offers to take them there.

Animelee
12th December 2003, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I think it'll somehow happen like that, just like when Ash was inspired to catch all the Kanto and Johto starters.

Pyro_Shocker
13th December 2003, 01:03 PM
ah my turn to introduce a theory into the mix...

Steel Valley eh? well then what if Steelix is trying to protect to a whole bunch of Steel types that live there while Torkoal is invading on their teritory... and then Ash catches Torkoal like its been mentioned 50 million times... noiw heres the new theory... Brock releases Forrtress, a steel type, to help defend these Steel types aqgainst any other trouble makers looking to come through the valley?

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th December 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Pyro_Shocker
ah my turn to introduce a theory into the mix...

Steel Valley eh? well then what if Steelix is trying to protect to a whole bunch of Steel types that live there while Torkoal is invading on their teritory... and then Ash catches Torkoal like its been mentioned 50 million times... noiw heres the new theory... Brock releases Forrtress, a steel type, to help defend these Steel types aqgainst any other trouble makers looking to come through the valley?
Except the title says "Break through Steel Valley!" indicating that the Steel types are the opposition to where Ash wants to go. In turn Ash would have his work cut out for him as he has no Pokemon that can handle Steel types effectively. Enter Torkoal, which could simply help them get through the valley but due to Flannery's Torkoal being around just two episodes before this seems unlikely. Thus it appears to be a prime target for a capture.

Note that they'll always have a main character not have a Pokemon with them that a gym leader has until after they've passed the gym. i.e Brock's Zubat did not evovle until LONG after we saw Koga's Golbat, and Misty's Poliwhirl evolving wasn't even mentioned until some time after they'd gone past Chuck's Poliwrath (not as good an example as she got Politoed). But the whole deal with May seeing Beautifly then trying to get one is probably the best example.