PDA

View Full Version : YOUR favourite character in YOUR Fanfics

Chris 2.1
10th December 2003, 01:16 PM
Ok, this thread is for writers...if you have a character in your fanfic(s) you're fond or proud of, then please put the down below. We'll say ONE character per fic, not like a million/whole casts.

Monica's Army
--I'll say Nat. She was a loner, and she eventually began to trust the Army when she travelled with them. Nat had close ties with Lee, but after he left Altonia with a group of Antagonists, she's never been close to trusting anyone again. Her past was also interesting.

Catching up with Chrisp
--Lewis ^^. He's clumsy, fat, his anime-approach to Pokemon and Pokemon training is laughable and he's great fun to write about!

Your turn!

DannyBoy
10th December 2003, 02:37 PM
House Of House:

I would have to say Billy. I wrote her out to be a prety strong and tough person in the fic and she was proud of who she was and didn't like people talking crap about others.

South Pacifc (Even though I can't find it at the moment):
I would have to say Jen. Jen is based off one of my best friends and they are just alike. Slow, stupid and funny all in one.

Mysteries That Await:
Right now so I don't spoil much, it will have to be Clarissa. You don't expect much from here and seems a little like Jen but a bit more mysterious. You don't know much about her and she keeps you wondering.

Iveechan
10th December 2003, 02:40 PM
Escape from Jynx (which everybody's probably forgotten by now, I didn't really get any responses):
-Hitmonchan. Being a kind of stereotypical gay, he was the sensitive housewife type, but I felt he had the best personality out of any character, not to mention he had some good lines. I also liked Electabuzz, his cat-like nature was fun to write about, like his coughing up hairballs, sleeping in a whicker basket, and just being a moody glutton.

Guilty by Design:
-Aya the Hitmonchik. She had good lines and the action scene she starred in was helluva fun to write. Everybody seemed to like Aya, though now I sort of regret putting her in the fic (that is, I wish I made her a different species, some have gotten the impression that Aya and Champ are going to fall in love or something like that).

Captain Pringle
10th December 2003, 03:04 PM
The characters in both of my trainer fics have all been pretty badly developed, and I'm not really proud of any of them. In my next fic (non-pokemon), I'm going to make character development/interaction my main focus so that I might improve this aspect of my writing.

But I will say that, in The Adventures of Firewood Ketchup and His Friends, Cloudy and Sock, I did grow to like all three of the strange main characters quite a bit. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'd have to go with Sock, just because the idea behind Sock and Mr. Stinky is so crazy, yet I still managed to pull it off, kinda. :P

Dragonfree
10th December 2003, 03:58 PM
I have a very clear answer for The Quest for the Legends -

Scyther.

He's definetly the deepest character in the fic, especially well shown in chapters 24, 30, 31 and 32. I'm VERY proud of him, he has such a complex personality and is so confused about himself, and has such a great role in the fic (although you'd NEED chapter 30 to understand it).

Actually, I think I like him better than any character, whether fictional or real, I know...

Wow, I'm in love with my fanfic character, and a pokémon on top of all things. I'm so weird...

As for The Type Chart, it hasn't really gotten far yet, but I like Neo a lot. ^^ As opposed to the real one, he's a kind of an idiot, which makes him a character I love writing first person through. I also like my version of the Merovingian and Persephone; they're among the first things I planned and they're really funny.

The Second Clone... well, I like all the pokémon in it, really. Denol is great, he's arrogant and always thinks he's better... I love writing first person through characters that have noticeable flaws, it makes their view on things more interesting. I also like Mystic, and Victoria, and Vera, and Leonardo... well, maybe I could like Sparky better, but he isn't really a character, just a lazy Electabuzz sleeping there. I also liked the Sneasel that was obsessed with food.

dratinihaunter13
11th December 2003, 03:08 AM
For Damon's Menace, i guess at the point it's at now my favorite character to write is Magby. just because he's in a situation that is so completely wrong for him, it's sad, and i like writing conflicting stuff like that. later on though, my fave will be scizor, but i'll stop right there before a spoiler slips ;).

Lady Vulpix
11th December 2003, 11:09 AM
From Quest of Twelve, I like most of my characters, but I must admit I've always been fond of Mariel. If I'd grown up in the same conditions as she has, and had as much power as she does, I'd probably have been like her at her age.

While she's quite inexperienced in many aspects of life, she has the wisdom and balance to make up for it, and while her optimism won't shelter her from suffering, it can help her move on no matter what, and achieve any goals she sets herself for. She reminds me that there is still, and there will always be, some incorruptible good in the world, no matter what the depressed and faithless say.

And she sings and uses magic too! :D Her song may be a bit corny (ok, a lot) but at least she wasn't afraid to sing it.

RJdude
11th December 2003, 09:00 PM
I hate them all equally, they all suck.

In all honesty, I'm not sure who my favorite character is. The truth is, many of the main characters are based off of real people... let's start with R.J.... he sucks the most, after all, he's based off of... well, me. All of R.J.'s actions and emotions are spawned off of what I would feel in that given situation. I guess in that way, he's my favorite character because connected by being, needless to say, so much alike. But since he's my clone, I guess I'll have to exclude him from this

I definently like what I've created with Morgan. She's based off my real life crush (which is why R.J. has such a big crush on her). Morgan is my fic's attitude chick, very indepentdent and headstrong, she does what she wants to, and if someone else doesn't have the same views as her, sucks for them (In her opinion). It's nothing that she went through in her past, its just her personality, although she's not completely rebelious... if she showed something that proves her wrong then she'll be swayed, but otherwise she sticks to her views (For example, she didn't believe friendship was nessicary up until R.J. rescued her dispite treating him like crap). She's definententy one of my (as well as many of my reader's) favorite character.

Gordy's based of my real best friend. My best friend, like Gordon, can be a ittle bit clusmy and stupid (in a funny way) but can also be knowledgeible when he wants to be. I tried to base Gordon off of that, but I haven't done a really good job... one of my goals is to do Gordon beter in the future.

Nicole I'm not really fond of... I try to put a sweet and caring personality into her (Like Tea in Yu-gi-oh), but both I and many readers don't really like that... I'm still experimenting with her though, and hopefully by the sequel she'll have a solid personality (don't count on it, though, since their are only 7 chapters left until the sequel).

Joe I like. He's base off another one of my friends, who, like Joe, is cool, confident, and calm, but can also be relentless at times (like sports).

Kevin's based on a kid I used to not be so fond of, and I made his character like him... a confident jerk. But me and the real him patched things up, so there might be some better stuff between thse two other then pure rivalry.

We didn't see much of Team Rage yet, but they'll evntually turn out like the Team Rocket we know and love from the anime.

Considering Gina (who is not based off my real mom, who did not die, in case you're wondering I based chapters 27 and 28 off of real experience) was only in two chapters, I really didn't get to develop her, and since she's, well, dead, it going to be hard too... however, you'll eventually be able to see more of her *coughprequelcough*

Nick (who is also not based off my dad) I'm not too fond of, but in the *coughprequelcough* we get to see his pre-son days, and I'm sure you'll like him (he's a lot like R.J., but more wild).

As for the Pokemon characters... hmm... I'm going to have to say I like Pidgeot's personality the best... loyal and true to R.J. I also like Grovyle, Elekid, and Magby.

mr_pikachu
11th December 2003, 09:12 PM
Hmm... well, I've only done big character development in WDAMO, so I guess that's what I'll think about. Hmm... I guess I like Ash, because he's the main character (duh!), he's going through some REALLY rough stuff, he's sticking through it, and it's only going to get harder. No spoilers, though; sorry. ;) May's interesting, too; because she's trying to do a sort of "covert operation"... you'll see what I mean if you read! The tension between the characters is fun to work with, especially with her. Misty's good too (sense a pattern developing?), in that she's semi-unaware of what's going on, and she's being blindsided by the absolute madness of the situation. Brock, on the other hand, has been tough for me. I've struggled to get a good personality out of him, as he's ended up on the sidelines every time so far. I'll try to work on his personality in the future, even though it'll be tough to concentrate on him with what I've got planned.

Overall, though, I guess my fave is Ash. He's so determined and strong in his beliefs, and that's something to really admire these days. :yes:

Mancetric_Trainer
17th December 2003, 03:59 AM
Hmmm my fav characters.

Twin legends:Daylena: I would say I liked writing Daylena alot, I love writting her attitude her rudeness and all that fun stuff. She is based on my real life twin sister so it's alot of fun. I love how she is like the oppisite of Dave almost but almost kind of the same, and how she hates Jo some much! Some good lines out of that one...

Is it destiny?: Hmm out of my newest Fic...Well Rotaz is alot of fun I thought I would add a fun personality to a Spinda. He wild and goofy and funny but people shouldn't underestimate him. Also how he's a spinda and thinks he a poochyena, that's always good. I also like Noch, it's fun riding charcters with a bit of edge and attiude. Flick I also like writing about him because I like how I can see him developing over time. I also like some personalites of my future characters.

Drago
18th December 2003, 06:21 PM
Ooh, this is a tough one... It's between two characters, really... But I guess I'd have to say my favourite Minty Thrill character is-

Leaves the Bulb-is-sore
The raging cynic and general moody tough guy when compared to Tony's outgoing zaniness. Unlike most of my ideas, Leaves has turned out to be exactly the character I had pictured from the beginning. He's sneaky, uncaring, and a notorious cheater, and yet works well as a partner and team player. It was especially fun to write things from his point of view on the rare occassion, as it not only means that the writing style can be more low-key, but it can have a whole lot more clever quips.
Leaves says a lot through his actions, and is a generally quiet Bulb-is-sore, and its always fun to interpret things through his style. His shades and brass knux say more than words ever could... Just gots to love da Leaves!! ^_^

The Decapitated Mole
18th December 2003, 06:58 PM
Well... I guess I'd have to go with the Pikadéx in the MisAdventures of Hiro. It's fun to write for, cuz it's just annoying, and it shows Hiro up all the time. [for those who don't know what a Pikadéx is, it's Hiro's Talking Pikachu Pokédex that he stole from his room when his mom went crazy, and has many useful features such as a Pokémon translator, a grammar corrector, and much, much more!]

o_0
jimm

Andrew
18th December 2003, 07:04 PM
For EBTV, that's a toughie, I personally love writing for Jessica, I take all the quips she gives to me in real life and put them in there, she's probably my favourite character. From the daft stuff she says in real life "There must be so much air in my head, cause it won't stop floating when I swim!" to her bitchiness, she's a classic.

From the Soapie, I loved writing about Mist and Crystal Lilly, Mist was a psycho chick tossing speez to the curb and Lilly was this girl no one knew could speak fluent english.

The Flow of Blood, that was hard.. I hated all my characters.

And Gau's 18th, Gau! Gau rock! A Wwwwwoooo!~

Wild Female Machoke
18th December 2003, 07:24 PM
For me, hmmm... it's probably Azurness in my Jewel Eyes fic. In case you didn't know who Azurness is, she is a legendary Pokémon I had made up. As a spirit, she was forced to live inside a living Pokémon and her current vessel is Sakura's Machop. It's very interesting how she controlled Machop by making her speak and use her ability to control water. The interesting thing is that the spirit always made Machop black out so she cannot remember what had happened.

Although I haven't posted my other fic yet, I really liked Mai, the main character from The Dragon Child. A Machop raised in a clan of dragons, she is very curious about everything, especially about why her Dratini, Bagon, and Charmander playmates were treating her differently. In fact, it's based off real life where people were treated differently just simply because of how he/she looked or acted. I also want to break the stereotype of Fighting Pokémon being stupid and brainless, so Mai is more like a thinker.

PancaKe
18th December 2003, 09:07 PM
For Full Moon, um, I'm not really sure. Sal is one of my definant favorites, although at times she is difficult to write about, she is definantly interesting and a great way for me to release anger.

Another favourite is Nayia, oh my gosh she is so fun to write about! She's like, me. I'm a ditz and so is she, and we have the same caracteristics n stuff. I luv writing about her because its like writing about me in the fic :)

~Mist

classy_cat18
19th December 2003, 12:05 AM
In A Doolittle of Pokemon and Knights to Remember, I would have to say Static the Raichu. It's not just his Brooklyn accent, it's also his tough personality. He doesn't let anyone get him down (for long). He also doesn't like being overemotional. He's sometimes obnoxious and reckless, but he tries not to be.

In That's Life, I would have to pick K-9. He's a Growlithe, so I just thought that's what a rough and tumble dog should be like.

Potato Dude
12th February 2004, 06:24 PM
Night of the Horriffic Monster-Like Thingy Guy

Joe. He's a complete jerk, and his approach to life is just so damn wrong...and yet it works. A lazy bastard who pushes everyone around as a Pokemon nurse. And he's as smart as anyone, too. The perfect counterpoint to tragedy-waiting-to-happen Jack.

Jamesology101
14th February 2004, 07:44 PM
My favourite character from my one and only fic ("Tangled Web" - in stores now!!) is definately Sen, which is why I made him the protagonist. He's just an interesting character to write for, and, I hope, interesting to read about as well. ^^ He's the type of character who's usually pushed to the sidelines of most things, and that was his original role in one of the previous incarnations of my fic, but I thought it would be a lot more interesting to push him to the fore. And what do you know, it was! Anyway, what do I like about him? IMO he makes a good character to read about, but he's not the sort of person you'd choose to spend time with irl. He can be selfish, nasty and rude, he can be callous, and he's very skilled at rationalising things to himself. He's good at talking himself into doing things regardless of whether they're considered right or wrong, which is basically the whole premise of the fic. ^^ He's just an interesting guy, different from the protagonists of most trainer fics I think, and that's why he's my favourite. I've also always been interested in the people who have their ambitions thwarted, or who get one irritation or stumbling block after another thrown in their path, and who don't know the meaning of accepting defeat with good grace.

Chris 2.1
24th February 2004, 04:29 AM
In Monica's Revolution, new characters haven't risen much yet, but I can safely say that Scabb is my favourite character-to-be. He's everything you want to see in a character, and everything you don't. I hope everyone who reads it will enjoy him.

Whisper in the Wind
8th March 2004, 02:40 PM
The Power Within

Well, there haven't been many characters introduced aside from Micky (Based on me :)). Although my plan for Pikachu is kinda becoming my favourite since the relationship between Micky & Kareren's Pikachu is going to rather interesting, since Pikachu & Micky are gonna have quite a bit in common but cos of the language barrier they will just argue a lot.

DannyBoy
8th March 2004, 05:32 PM
In 'Lessons to be Taught', right now would definitally have to be Becka. She is nice, kind, and is always open on things. So far she is really nice to her pokemon and cares for them. But when Conner first started with his, she seemed like a mentor to him. She also has a good personality. I enjoy writing her.

Orion
12th April 2004, 03:12 PM
In my recently-retired Fic,Dreams of Mastery,my favorite was Amy.She was like my dream girl.Nice,always caring about the people near her.Doing all in her hands for helping them,and her Pokemon.She's also a bit depressive,and has her ups and downs,like everyone else.I felt as if I was focusing too much on her,which shows that she was very important on the story...:love:If only a girl like her existed...

Chris 2.1
24th April 2004, 02:18 PM
In Monica's Revolution NOW, or so far, I'd say old face Phoenix is the most popular character among my readers. He's calm, strong and acts with reason, which, although not clear at the moment, will all become clear. His motives are still rather blurry at the present time, and I think that's part of him people like - trying to decipher his plans themselves.

Tutankhamun
25th April 2004, 11:26 PM
Oo, this sounds fun. Well, my favourite so far has to be Miguel. I just like writing about him. It must be because I'm a little like him. He is always trying to get Maroon into trouble, and will try anything to get her to loose her job. He reminds me of (and what I base him on) the Butler on "The Nanny"...an old show that I was pressured to watch when I was a kid. So, for right now, Miguel would have to be my favourite.