PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] I'm alive...

Freak of Nature
1st January 2003, 06:03 AM
Tremble...

I was busy not doing anything and some strange force dragged me to Pokéland again... before I knew it I was busy making new teams, playing Ruby and battling it out. Yes I'm back... ^_^
Hi Pory! Hullo Charizard! You too SoL! And everyone else too. Now for a team... hmmm... I'll post the one I used a lot on the PBS...

Chansey

- Thunderbolt
- Thunderwave
- Blizzard
- Softboiled

Tauros

- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam
- Blizzard

Starmie

- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Thunderwave

Lapras

- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Confuse Ray
- Body Slam

Gengar

- Psychic
- Confuse Ray
- Seismic Toss
- Thunderbolt

Sandslash

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

There, I think that was it. Maybe the moves were a bit different :S

Had no idea that I'd be back into Pokémon as the new year started. Life is full of surprises...

~ cheers

pokecenter
1st January 2003, 11:51 AM
your team looks good, I just have few suggestions

1. Let Lapras learns Surf instead of Body Slam/Thunderbolt/Confuse Ray.

because Lapras is a water type, water type pokemon uses water type attack will boost power by *1.5. You don't really need Thnuderbolt, for thunder type attack is only effective against water and flying, and you can deal with flying type with Blizzard and water type with Body Slam

2. Let Tauros learns Submission instead of Body Slam/Hyper Beam

If you have a Body Slam, why should you need Hyper Beam? Hyper Beam takes a turn of rest, that means after 2 turns, the average base power for Hyper Beam is 75, lower than Body Slam's 85... I know Tauros is fast and has a good attack power, but UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN "OHKO" any pokemon with Tauros, or you should learn submission instead!

3. Let Starmie leanrns Ice Beam instead of Thunder Wave/Recover

Since you hace Thnuderbolt, why should you need Thunder Wave? Starmie is a fast pokemon with good special power, once your enemy is paralysis, it still has 3/4 of chance to move, and for the most case, Starmie will have the speed advantage even before it paralyzes the enemy... this makes Thunder Wave somehow not as useful as it does. Starmie's HP and defense are only average, maybe a little below it, so Recover will not do much, since your enemy will take out as many HP as you gain with recover. (like Petal Dance, Thunder)

Basically you have a good team combination in general.:D

RaZoR LeAf
1st January 2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by pokecenter
your team looks good, I just have few suggestions

1. Let Lapras learns Surf instead of Body Slam/Thunderbolt/Confuse Ray.

because Lapras is a water type, water type pokemon uses water type attack will boost power by *1.5. You don't really need Thnuderbolt, for thunder type attack is only effective against water and flying, and you can deal with flying type with Blizzard and water type with Body Slam

Whle either attack can be used on lapras, Thunder Bolt is used for it's chance to Paralyse. Lapras is not fast, and paralysis can really help Lapras. Especially if you use Paralysis in conjunction with COnfusion, it's quite annoying

2. Let Tauros learns Submission instead of Body Slam/Hyper Beam

If you have a Body Slam, why should you need Hyper Beam? Hyper Beam takes a turn of rest, that means after 2 turns, the average base power for Hyper Beam is 75, lower than Body Slam's 85... I know Tauros is fast and has a good attack power, but UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN "OHKO" any pokemon with Tauros, or you should learn submission instead!

Tauros can't learn Submission. And Hyper Beam is only used as a sweeping move. Ie, it's only used when the enemy is low on health. And the Base power for Hyper Beam is 150 not 75

3. Let Starmie leanrns Ice Beam instead of Thunder Wave/Recover

Since you hace Thnuderbolt, why should you need Thunder Wave? Starmie is a fast pokemon with good special power, once your enemy is paralysis, it still has 3/4 of chance to move, and for the most case, Starmie will have the speed advantage even before it paralyzes the enemy... this makes Thunder Wave somehow not as useful as it does. Starmie's HP and defense are only average, maybe a little below it, so Recover will not do much, since your enemy will take out as many HP as you gain with recover. (like Petal Dance, Thunder)

Thunder Bolt only has a 10% change of causing paralysis, and although i've said about using it for that purpose on Lapras, Starmie can learn Thunder Wave. Starmie has a speed advantage against SOME pokemon, not all, and not all those common on a team. Starmie needs to paralyse the enemy for the simple reason of needing to keep that speeed difference. If Starmie is paralysed, that speed is lost and Starmie's best asset is lost.

As for Recover it will heal 50% of lost health. Now, Petal dance and Thunder are not used. Not on a good team, they are bad moves. Plus, you've said this yourself. Starmie has a speed advantage. It has it over all the grass types, and it should use Blizzard to significantly damage them (yes i know FoN doesn't have Blizzard i'm getting to that). As for electric typs, they are suseptible to ice too, and if they get paralysed that's one of their major assest gone too. Generally, recover paired with enemy paralysis is a formidable combo, as it has proven time and time again

Basically you have a good team combination in general.:D [/B]

Originally posted by Freak of Nature
Tremble...

I was busy not doing anything and some strange force dragged me to Pokéland again... before I knew it I was busy making new teams, playing Ruby and battling it out. Yes I'm back... ^_^
Hi Pory! Hullo Charizard! You too SoL! And everyone else too. Now for a team... hmmm... I'll post the one I used a lot on the PBS...

Welcome Back Answer :D

Chansey

- Thunderbolt
- Thunderwave
- Blizzard
- Softboiled

Die. You'll forgive me for not helping, i don't use Chansey

Tauros

- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam
- Blizzard

Stnd

Starmie

- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Thunderwave

Now look, i have to give reasons why Recover and Thunder Wave are good on Starmie and you ruin my post by not having Blizzard on Starmie!! GET GET GET!!

Lapras

- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Confuse Ray
- Body Slam

Woet!

Gengar

- Psychic
- Confuse Ray
- Seismic Toss
- Thunderbolt

Yah, could go for eXplosion over Psychic

Sandslash

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Sokay

Had no idea that I'd be back into Pokémon as the new year started. Life is full of surprises...

~ cheers

The Muffin Man
1st January 2003, 12:51 PM
Tremble...

~No hello to me? :( I still play pokemon, y'know...

Chansey

- Thunderbolt
- Thunderwave
- Blizzard
- Softboiled
~Hmmm...Could you, maybe, rot? For this? Thanks :) Meh.

Tauros

- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam
- Blizzard
~WTF TEH TAKLE R BETAR!111 :)

Starmie

- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Thunderwave
~Does it really need Surf? Try Blizzard. It r teh pwn.

Lapras

- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Confuse Ray
- Body Slam
~:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Gengar

- Psychic
- Confuse Ray
- Seismic Toss
- Thunderbolt
~Explosion MIGHT work over Psychic...unless you have a problem with those Nasty fighting types. Or Over S-Toss? Being a Ghost leaves Gengar open to Ground, as he has that poison type tacked on, as you know(I hope...) and thus he becomes Rhydon bait.

Sandslash

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
~Hmmm...Maybe try Scratch, Poison Sting, Sand-attack, Defense Curl? Of course we know I'm full of crap. Good job.

~ cheers

I giv teh cookie!!1

Feelingsad
1st January 2003, 09:30 PM
Hi!

Chansey: Icebeam is just so much cooler than blizzard, Chansey is the one pokemon that could really use the pp.

Tauros: Fine

Starmie: You may like to try blizzard instead of thunderbolt, between Gengar, Chansey and Lapras, Starmie really stands very little chance.

Lapras: I can't really complain

Gengar: Explosion is like the best move ever, how could you not use it when given the oppourtunity. Especially for something as un-hip as psychic.

Sandslash: Bodyslam > rockslide, IMO.

I was trying to copy this team a while back, and I couldn't get it down to less than 7 pokemon, Thinking you must have had a sleeper..

Oh well, it's a good team, nice to see one for a change..

Have a nice day.

Freak of Nature
2nd January 2003, 03:25 AM
-_-

The name's ANSER! NOT ANSWER damn u!!! :P

Btw I have some things I need to show you pory. You still come on rby chat?

RaZoR LeAf
2nd January 2003, 11:03 AM
-_-

The name's ANSER! NOT ANSWER damn u!!! :P

Btw I have some things I need to show you pory. You still come on rby chat?

Not anymore, i got fed up with only idling in there. If you want me i'm usually in #spp same server. If anyone asks tell them your a friend of mine.