PDA

View Full Version : Rngt

Cryos7
11th December 2003, 02:48 AM
I'm kinda new around here. Can u guys help me out?

Blaziken @Ganlon Berry {Hardy} (Blaze)
Flamethrower
Rock Slide/EQ
Bulk Up
Sky Uppercut

Grumpig @Choice Band {Modest} (Own Tempo)
Psychic
Calm Mind
HP (Dark)
Trick

Aggron @Leftovers {Brave} (Rock Head)
EQ
Roar
Double-Edge
HP (Rock)

Cradily @Lum Berry {Lax} (Suction Cups)
Confuse Ray
Giga Drain
Rock Slide
Recover

Lanturn @Shell Bell {Rash} (Volt Absorb)
Surf
Thunder
Rain Dance
Thunder Wave

Flygon @Leftovers {Docile} (Levitate)
Steel Wing
EQ
Dragon Breath
Attract

I think need a BPer & a hazer but I'm not sure which one to get. Suggestions will be appreciated. Thnx n advance

Pig on the Wing
11th December 2003, 12:53 PM
Here goes.....

Blaziken _ Ability: Blaze
@Leftovers
Flamethrower
Rock Slide
Bulk Up
Sky Uppercut

Grumpig _ Ability: Thick Fat
@Lum Berry
Psychic
Calm Mind
Confuse Ray
HP (dark)

Aggron _ Ability: Rock Head
@Focus Band
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Roar
HP (rock)

Cradily _ Suction Cups
@Brightpowder
Recover
Rock Slide
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb

Lanturn _ Ability: Volt Absorb
@Leftovers
Surf
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Thunder Wave

Flygon _ Ability: Levitate
@Scope Lens
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Screech
Dragon Claw

Overall, not a bad a team. I've made a few adjustments. Natures don't really matter that much, just use whatever benefits the Pokemon.
Take heed that you have a x3 ground weakness, one of which is quadruple damage received.

Btw, what does rngt stand for???

Cryos7
11th December 2003, 01:41 PM
It means Rate New Guy's Team

3x Ground? Ooh! That's not good. Ok, I'm thinking about who I should replace here. Maybe Lanturn with Milotic? Or maybe Grumpig with Gardvoir?

Milotic @Shell Bell {Calm} (Marvel Scale)
Surf
Ice Beam
Attract
Recover

Gardevoir @Lum Berry {Modest} (Synchronize)
Psychic
Calm Mind
Will-o-Wisp
ThunderBolt

What do you think?

By the way, you would'nt happen to know of any good passers or annoyers? Would ya?

Pig on the Wing
13th December 2003, 03:53 AM
Righto, let's see.
Getting rid of Grumpig would still leave you with a x3 ground weakness but if you want to you can.

However, IMO Gardevoir is slightly better. Your set seems fine, although if you can, you might want to replace Thunderbolt with HP (dark). But Thunderbolt is good.

As for Milotic, go with Toxic over Attract.

ANNOYER:

Dusclops: Ghost @Leftovers _ Ability: Pressure
Will-O-Wisp
Ice Beam/Night Shade - down to personal preference.
Mean Look
Confuse Ray

PASSERS:

Gorebyss: Water _ Ability: Swift Swim
Amnesia
Baton Pass
Whirlpool/Psychic/Hydro Pump - again, personal preference
Agility

If you decide to use Dusclops as an annoyer I'd suggest getting rid of Grumpig/Gardevoir.

If you decide to use Gorebyss as a passer - I'd suggest getting rid of Lanturn/Milotic.

GoldDraconian
13th December 2003, 09:59 AM
Blaziken @Ganlon Berry {Hardy} (Blaze)
Flamethrower
Rock Slide/EQ
Bulk Up
Sky Uppercut

What does Ganlon Berry do? O_o
I'd probably go with Rock Slide, if only to have something for Salamence and Gyarados.

Grumpig @Choice Band {Modest} (Own Tempo)
Psychic
Calm Mind
HP (Dark)
Trick

I've never really liked Trick... Substitute or Confuse Ray would be better in that slot, IMO. Gardevoir in this slot is fine, too.

Aggron @Leftovers {Brave} (Rock Head)
EQ
Roar
Double-Edge
HP (Rock)

Why not Adamant? While Aggron isn't exactly speedy, his Speed can still sometimes be relevant- unlike his Special Attack. And reducing his Speed for pseudohazing purposes is useless, since the faster pseudo-hazer is successful. Otherwise, fine.

Cradily @Lum Berry {Lax} (Suction Cups)
Confuse Ray
Giga Drain
Rock Slide
Recover

I'd be using this for something more defensive, if I were you... Barrier/Recover/Toxic/Amnesia is an extreme example, but I'd definitely get Barrier or Amnesia on this thing. Going down to one attack or keeping two attacks but making them both run off the same stat also allows you to use a personality that reduces the unused offensive stat. His Attack and Special Attack are equal, so you can use either one.

Lanturn @Shell Bell {Rash} (Volt Absorb)
Surf
Thunder
Rain Dance
Thunder Wave

I'd personally use Thunderbolt over Thunder and Confuse Ray or Rest over Rain Dance. Also, Modest is a better personality- you don't use your Attack stat at all with this moveset, but your Special Defense can actually be relevant.

Flygon @Leftovers {Docile} (Levitate)
Steel Wing
EQ
Dragon Breath
Attract

Dragon Claw is better than Dragonbreath, usually. But I'd rather skip the Special Attacks entirely so you don't have to split EVs and just use a Choice Band Flygon- Earthquake/Quick Attack/HP Rock/Return is the first thing that comes to mind for a Banding Flygon. This again opens the door for an Adamant personality that has a bonus at no effective cost.

You have a 3x Ground weakness, but it is partially helped by Flygon's Levitate. If it becomes a problem, Milotic over Lanturn is probably a safe move.

I think need a BPer & a hazer but I'm not sure which one to get.

Eh, if you want a hazer, your options are Crobat, Tentacruel, Dodrio, Muk, Weezing, Seaking, Xatu, Masquerain, Altaria and Seviper. To reduce this list to things that are both playable and able to use Haze without sucking, your options are Tentacruel, Muk, Weezing and Altaria. I'd pass on the Haze and hope that Aggron is enough.

As for BPers, you can pick from Girafarig (Amnesia or Calm Mind), Ninjask (Speed Boost, Swords Dance), Shedinja (just Double Team), Delcatty (Calm Mind), Mawile (Iron Defense), Medicham (Bulk Up, Calm Mind), Plusle/Minun/Volbeat/Illumise/Spinda (too weak; don't use), Absol (Swords Dance), Huntail (Barrier), Gorebyss (Barrier, Amnesia, Agility). From this list, the two best are Ninjask (Protect/Silver Wind/BP/Swords Dance) and Gorebyss (Surf/Baton Pass/Agility/Amnesia). Ninjask is a better passer, while Gorebyss actually has a good Special Attack and can do damage to random stuff if necessary.

EDIT: Skipped annoyers...
Lanturn can work decently. If you want a major annoyance, Dusclops can work, as mentioned earlier.

Dusclops movesets (sample):
Rest/Toxic/Attract/Confuse Ray
Rest/Toxic/Mean Look/Night Shade
Rest/Toxic/Double Team/Night Shade
Rest/WOW/Calm Mind/Ice Beam
Rest/DT/Calm Mind/Ice Beam
Rest/Toxic/Mean Look/Curse

Basically, it needs Rest. The other moves that you should consider are Curse (not ideal), Will-O-Wisp, Mean Look, Shadow Ball, Focus Punch (hi Graw :wave: ), Ice Beam, Psychic (possible), Night Shade, Protect, Calm Mind, Double Team, Attract and Toxic.

Claydol, Cradily, Registeel and so on can also stall pretty well.

Cryos7
13th December 2003, 09:15 PM
Sweet! Thanks guys. GD, could this annoyer m-set work for Dusclops too?

Dusclops @ Chesto Berry {Bold}
Rest
Toxic
Protect
Night Shade

Also I like the idea of a hazing altaria. Maybe this will work:

Altaria @Leftovers {Serious} (Natural Cure)
Steel Wing
Haze
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

What do you guys think?

GoldDraconian
14th December 2003, 10:33 AM
That Dusclops moveset looks fine.

Altaria @Leftovers {Serious} (Natural Cure)
Steel Wing
Haze
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Well, Altaria should almost always have Rest because of Natural Cure (which heals status when switched). With only two moveslots left, you can use either Earthquake+HP Flying (needs the power), Ice Beam/Thunder(bolt) or Dragon Claw/Fire Blast. Since Altaria's offenses are weak, you should go Adamant for physical moves or Modest for Special to get as much damage out of them as you can. Your other option is to boost defenses, but that means you'll have to accept really weak attacks.

Oh, and no problem.

Spinarak-Man
14th December 2003, 10:41 AM
I pulled off a Dragon Dancing Altaria a while back.

DD, Sing, Flying Power, Quake/Rest

This was used as an anti DD pokemon by using the risky but effective Sing after using DD a few times.. This worked back when nobody used a Chesto Rest on Sal or Gyara.

GoldDraconian
14th December 2003, 11:04 AM
Dragon Dance doesn't work well with Haze. Altaria's low enough on moveslots as it is.

Spinarak-Man
14th December 2003, 06:05 PM
It's an alternative to hazing.. not a hazer itself. It puts the Dragon Dancer to sleep then beats the crap out of it or sets up better...

titandude21
14th December 2003, 07:29 PM
Dusclops: Will-o-Wisp > Toxic IMO.

Altaria: I'd go with Dragon Dance, EQ, AA/HP Flying, Rest/Sing... Sing preferably. The alternative is Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, Haze/Ice Beam, Rest, to take advantage of natural cure. both @ leftovers

Cryos7
15th December 2003, 04:36 AM
TD21 I think I agree with u when it comes to dusclops & Altaria. Unfortunately, I'm going to need a hazer on this squad.

I've been thinking about using an annoying Ninetails:

NineTails @Leftovers {Bold} (Flash Fire)
Heat Wave
Will-o'-Wisp
Protect
Roar/Fire Spin (not sure about this I know it's a trapping move but with its low accuracy) :confused: