PDA

View Full Version : New Sneakville tourney, please read...

TurdFerguson
11th December 2003, 05:58 AM
Yes, that's right. It's time for another Sneakville tourney. I'm gonna assume most of you don't have a clue what that means. Put it simply, Sneak tourneys were the largest, most successful Pokémon tournies this online community has seen. </ego> But it's been a while, as the most recent installment ended in fall of 2001.

For those would like to learn about them, I'm planning on putting the old Sneakville archives on the site when I relaunch it... that is if I find some hosting or someone kind enough to host them for me... /nudge /nudge

Ok, enough history. Sneakville tourneys have always been large scale and innovative. This one plans to be no different.

In this day and age, there's three distinct Pokémon formats. You have your Chromatics (Red, Blue, Yellow), your Metallics (Gold, Silver, Crystal), and that other one I haven't learned... Gem-er-somethin's (Ruby and Sapphire). I wanted to incorporate all three versions into this tourney, but I know most people, including myself, are not proficient in all three battle styles.

Sneakville tourneys have always been team based, whether it be a group of friends or united members of a certain board. But in a way, the "team" never really matter, it was just a label to throw on. Sure your board won, or your team won, but it was more or less just one played battling on their own that won in the end. Not anymore.

This tourney will have 16 teams. There will be 3 members per team. Each round, you be pitted against a different team. One member of your team will battle RBY. One will do GSC. And the final will do RuSa. Best two of three advances. You may mix things up between rounds. Say I battle RBY in round one, but want to do GSC the next. That's all good. That's up to your team, so long as each member battles once per round. It will be double elimination.

That all make sense? Now I just need some feedback. How does it sound, who's interested, ect. Post post post people, I won't know what to do if you don't. Also keep in mind I need somewhere nice to host Sneakville.

Hope I didn't miss anything, more info to come shortly.

Also, I would like to thank Vineon for helping brainstorm and coming up with some nice developmental ideas for this project.

Thanks for your time.
-NotreKaens
better known as Fish151PKMN

Vineon
11th December 2003, 07:23 AM
awesome :):)

Hipmonlee
11th December 2003, 01:50 PM
This format, is very, very cool.

It gets my approval - if for any reason it feels it needs it..

Have a nice day.

MetalScyther
11th December 2003, 03:05 PM
I pretty much put an end to battling for myself within the past few weeks but I'd be glad to get back into this if this gets set up. If I could, of course.

Krooked
11th December 2003, 04:09 PM
I haven't battled much lately either but I would gladly join in this thing since I've never taken part in any of the Sneak Tourney's.

TheHornyBug
11th December 2003, 10:31 PM
Um someone teach me RuSa and I might play. Yea.

Vegeta_599
13th December 2003, 08:12 AM
ill play but i have never played in a tourny be4

Vineon
14th December 2003, 08:02 AM
www.sneaktourney.com

sneakville is back :)

GotMiltank
14th December 2003, 11:09 PM
wow, that's purdy nifty.

So like... this'd be sneak 4? Or does that thing GP did count instead (not that I damn GP for never finishing his stupid tourneys... naw...)

Anyways, I'll play. I don't wanna ever do rusa... evar... ew ew ew ew ew.... I guess I need to find a team... fuzzer. :(

Sound like fun, hope Fish can find 48 people to play (OMG :yes: )

EDIT: VINEON! HAVE U A TEAM YET?!?!? Cuz ur always like "OMG, I can't be on ur team cuz someone else asked me first!" I MUST BE FIRST THIS TIME! :yes:

GotMiltank
14th December 2003, 11:38 PM
Where have u been THB? Yugioh is banned, so you must have been busy with something else... but what....

OMG. O.O

TurdFerguson
15th December 2003, 05:47 AM
i already took vineon ><

GotMiltank
15th December 2003, 01:21 PM
FUX it then. I declare Vineon on my team for the next tourney. Now I can't be beaten to the punch this time. HA!

Also, I may have a uber team regardless. yay!

*bops vineon*

TheHornyBug
15th December 2003, 10:32 PM
yea I've been playing yugioh. After apprentice YGO ladder died I went to YVD. I'll play in this silly dilly tho. You and me GM. Then, let's find a RuSa player so our team will kinda not suxx0r.

GotMiltank
16th December 2003, 06:06 PM
Mr. BUG, mayhaps you should make urself seen on rsbot mirc thingy. As I never SEE YOU. Anyways, chris is already on my team (and he's good at rusa, though I doubt he'll only wanna play rusa... so GET SOME RUSA SKILLS MR BUG - I have none myself, but I shall get some! on ebay!)

Also, since gm is being a g00b and not joining my team, I will ask chris if you can join us ;D BEHOLD MY POWAR :yes:

Green_Pikachu
16th December 2003, 11:25 PM
im in this if anyone wants me. SOMEONE PLEASE WANT ME.

GotMiltank
17th December 2003, 07:42 AM
BLAH~

THB, you better get ur silly self posting a reply and on mIRC soon if you wanna be on my team!! There's half the teams entered already....

edit --> ALSO: REPLY BY TOMORROW (thursday) OR I WILL BE FORCED TO FIND ANOTHER PERSON. BAD THB FOR CAUSING GRIEF!! :no:

TheHornyBug
17th December 2003, 08:41 PM
Duh... affirmative.

GotMiltank
17th December 2003, 09:55 PM
k um... so like... our team is done then. And our team name (You have no say in this THB, due to evil problems you have caused thus far blah blah... ) is Rainbow Luck Bunnies of Doom. Also, we have to figure out who will be doing what... Chris is the only one of us that can even somewhat manage to have a glimmer of hope in rusa, so he should be doing the majority of that.

THB: which of us will be doing rby, and which will be doing gsc? ;(

ANYWAYS, I have a team now, so I am happy. AND if THB (YES YOU THB) don't get your horny butt (urm... whatevar) on irc and such (the bots have moved, some irc.your-irc.net server... type that anyways) so show up and stuff, and DO NOT MISS YOUR BATTLES. I am thus warning you, cuz I still have yet to see you. YET!! :no: --> READ: Screw this up THB with a no-show dealy, and I BORK YOU TO DEATH. :wave:

YAY TEAM IS DONE!! :yes:

TheHornyBug
18th December 2003, 10:47 PM
Thx for the encouragement GM. Newayz, methinks we started battling RBY around the same time.. so.... I dunno. I guess do whatever you wanna do, and I'll take the leftovers.

Leon-IH
20th December 2003, 05:54 AM
i'll join if people can tolerate a team-mate who is quite inexperienced with bots.. im not too flash at Ru/Sa either to say the best i can.

Y2Jesus
26th December 2003, 01:43 AM
its full :(
although that psycho character is pissing me off >:/