PDA

View Full Version : Wario Bros. (+Q)

Crystalmaster Mike
1st January 2003, 10:31 AM
Well, I'd like to know the story behind them. I've played Yoshi's Island so the Mario Bros. are hardly a mystery for me, but what the story is behind Wario and Waluigi? I'm clueless.

Thy
1st January 2003, 11:15 AM
In Six Golden Coins (for GB) Wario has taken over Mario's castle and Mario has to get the 6 golden coins to open the door to the castle. Mario defeats Wario and regains his castle. Wario goes out to look for treasure and a castle beging the Wario serios. Since Wario is consided a "clone" to Mario, Nintendo decided to throw in Waluigi to be Luigi's "clone" in Mario Tennis. I personally like that because now every one has a clone:

Mario-Wario
Luigi-Waluigi
Peach-Daisy
Yoshi-Birdo
Baby Mario-Boswer Jr.

Then there's Bowser and Toad that don't have a clone, although Wart is consided Bowser's clone.

Crystalmaster Mike
1st January 2003, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info, but...

Originally posted by *Thyzisen*
Peach-Daisy

Daisy? Enlighten me.

Ninetales3001
1st January 2003, 03:12 PM
The *new* character design of Daisy was obviously moddled off of Peach, but Daisy wasn't created off of Peach like Wario was created off of Mario. Birdo was created before Yoshi too... but now in the Nintendo games they compair Birdo to Yoshi, Daisy to Peach like the compair Wario to Mario, Waluigi to Luigi, Donkey Kong to Donkey Kong Jr. and so on.. ^^;

Slowking Man
1st January 2003, 07:09 PM
Wario and Mario aren't "clones". They're brothers. Same goes for Luigi and Waluigi. This is why you read the instruction manuals. ;) Waluigi's never been in a major Mario game. So far, he's just been in Mario Tennis (which was his debut game), Mario Party 3 and 4, etc.

Daisy was the princess of Sarasaland (not sure about the spelling), in Super Mario Land (Game Boy, 1989). And yeah, her 3-D model is obviously based upon Peach.

In case anyone was curious, Birdo originally appeared in Super Mario Bros. 2 for NES.

Ninetales3001
2nd January 2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Slowking Man
Wario and Mario aren't "clones". They're brothers. Same goes for Luigi and Waluigi. This is why you read the instruction manuals. ;)

The storyline behind the characters are that they're brothers, but the concept when Nintendo created Wario was to have an evil Mario. Which resulted in them taking the "M" and putting it upside down "W" which resulted in the name Wario.

When Nintendo made Waluigi, they just wanted an evil Luigi type character, and put "Wa" to it because having "Wuigi" or "'Upside-DownL'uigi" didn't look or sound write... so they made it sound his the evil Mario "Waluigi" "Wario" XD It's pretty sad that I sort of know this... XD

So bascially, Wario was a clone of Mario, and Waluigi was a mixture of Wario, and Luigi... screwed up? Yeah... I just wish they could make more original characters ~_~

...OH! And the CG model of Daisy pisses me off so much. I hate her so much. Why couldn't they make another CG girl model, or at least give her a noticeablly different hairstyle, and dress - instead of just using Peach's model and changing colours and patterns.. *frust!!!*

Rudoku
3rd January 2003, 09:01 PM
I heard that Waluigi came form the Japanese word "Warui", meaning bad or something like that...

Ninetales3001
4th January 2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Rudoku
I heard that Waluigi came form the Japanese word "Warui", meaning bad or something like that...

AAAAH! I remember readin that from somewhere! ^^; I believe that's how the concept of Wario came about too... but I'm pretty sure that was a coincidence due to the fact that I seem to believe reading somewhere that the "M" was turned upside down to make the W, which made his name Wario.. maybe from some old issue when I use to read Nintendo Power way back then... XD That could have been written due to NOA simplifing the reason for younger audiences to understand..? ^^; They tend to do that (Or, use to a lot) when I collected Nintedo Power.. around when the Snes was first out... ^^;

Drago
5th January 2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Ninetales3001:
...OH! And the CG model of Daisy pisses me off so much. I hate her so much. Why couldn't they make another CG girl model, or at least give her a noticeablly different hairstyle, and dress - instead of just using Peach's model and changing colours and patterns.. *frust!!!*
Feel free to continue. I wholeheartedly agree!

I didn't mind Wario. At the time, an evil Mario was an original idea, and then the character developed into the lovable greedy fella that he is today.
But Waluigi? Ugh! He is foolish and boring, and had absolutely no right to be put into the front line of characters (playable in Mario Party 3 & 4), which is the same case for Daisy. She was in Sarasaland. Mario saved her. ONCE. How is she now important enough to be invited? What's next? The return of Pauline??
There are several more important characters who could come before these two for being playable. Koopa Troopa, Toad, Bowser, etc.

So basically the story behind Waluigi is that they wanted Wario to have a teammate that would suit him better than DK, or something.

Oh, and it appears that people prefer cheese to Mario. It's funny how the world works.

PNT510
5th January 2003, 10:27 AM
Wario has a brother? This is all news to me. I only know wario from Wario Land and Wario Land 3(last good game for GBC minus Zelda)

MikeNBulbasaur
6th January 2003, 05:52 PM
ok lets unscramble this...
Wario was created as a evil Counterpart for Mario
Luigi was always a support character but his popularity started to go through the Roof so they decided to give Luigi all the things Mario had (e.g. Own game: Luigi's Mansion). Waluigi (Luigi's 'Wario') they seriously should have had a better name tho if u ask me like Tuigi the 'T' looks enough like an upside down 'L'
& they brought Daisy Back as Luigi's Peach, well I hope I helped solve this & I also hope I didn't confuse anyone :yes:
Cheez Rulz!!!
:wave:

mudkip007
22nd January 2003, 11:51 AM
Wait, i don't think "brothers" is the right word to compare Mario and Wario. "Brothers" is what you use to compare Mario and Luigi. Maybe "Counterparts" is the right word for M and W, but not brothers

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd January 2003, 01:40 AM
No way, Mario and Luigi should remain in the spotlight. I mean I can live with Wario but Waluigi has to be one of the worst characters Nintendo ever made. I mean the name alone is ridiculous. The last thing I want to see is a game based on that guy.