PDA

View Full Version : Copycat!

mr_pikachu
12th December 2003, 06:39 PM
Argh! I'm so angry! I just heard one of Hilary Duff's new songs, and guess what it's titled? "What Dreams Are Made Of"! Rrgh! She must be a member here! She stole my idea! Copycat!

Okay, so she probably didn't steal my idea. But that's not the point of this thread. What I want to know is what real experiences YOU have with copycats in writing. Whether someone took your title, your idea, your character, etc... I'd like to know! (Or if you copycated someone else's work...) This is the thread to talk about it. So, let's hear it!

*turns on tape recorder*

*stomps off muttering "Hilary Duff....Hilary Duff...."*

Mewfour
12th December 2003, 08:14 PM
Believe it or not, when I posted my SSBM fic Chain of Events on ff.net, someone accused me of copying thier SSBM fic. Truth was, everyone else just laughed at him as they were nothing alike.

An example of someone ripping off my stuff would be some guy using the same plot as my Metroid fic, Metroid-NG: Stars of Aran (never before seen on TPM, btw)

Haruko
12th December 2003, 11:35 PM
And RPG me and GymLeaderYoshi had made was copyed from here to Serebii.net forums. Thank god though, the person was warned and the board was locked.^^We wrote the plot together over AIM.

Otherwise, I haven't really had people copy me at all, because they know to ask me.^^Otherwise, I'm like a loanshark to a person that has loaned money from me and is overdue(J/k'ing)

Dragonfree
14th December 2003, 08:24 AM
Well, if you count that, the animé dubbers stole the name May from me...

But no one else has stolen or ripped off my fics.

Chris 2.1
14th December 2003, 12:20 PM
Well my FIRST ever fic, A boy and his bear, was originslly called Destiny's Way, and everyone hated it because it was copying another authors name of their fic......i cant remember that persons name but if it was you, PM me!

Andrew
14th December 2003, 05:28 PM
Brit Chris, that fic was called Destiny's Way by Thargor, actually one of my much more favoured stories.

I've actually recently PMed him to see if he could repost his story, I loved it so much.

Chris 2.1
15th December 2003, 10:09 AM
Thargor, that's right. Oz, is he still on these boards?

classy_cat18
15th December 2003, 01:04 PM
I see him in RPG from time to time.

PancaKe
17th December 2003, 04:27 AM
I'm a bit of a copy cat sometimes. But thats only in real life, because I bought the same shoes as Beth and I'm doing the same thing to my room like my cousin in scotland, etc etc. lol.

um... i dont really think anybodys tried to copy me. and if they do want to, then they ask i guess *Shrugs*

~Mist