PDA

View Full Version : Check out my Future of Pokemon!

GSAce789
1st December 2002, 09:00 PM
Okay, any of oyu who bothered to read my first post will understand what this fic will be about. (The mentioned character bios are coming soon.) I've got the prologue ready, and am posting it both as the message here, and attempting to attach it as the file. If it's possible, read it in the file form. The text is much cooler. So, without further adieu, the prologue.
-Ace

Pokemon : "Final Encounter"
Prologue
(Immediately following the events
Of "Mewtwo Returns")

Giovanni was puzzled.
The last thing he remembered, he was en route to this place, Crystal Lake. Where it was supposed to be, at least. But WHY he was here, he couldn't remember. Now there was nothing but a giant crater, where there should be a huge body of crystal clear water. It just didn't make sense.
Whatever the reason, he was here. A legion of his best Team Rocket forces was here. But, most important of all, the remnants of a huge team rocket base was here, in plain site to any governmental authorities that happened to take a look. All that Giovanni could do was have the already present troops pack everything up and move it away. At least it was getting dark, so they could work in relative concealment.
But still, it just didn't make sense...

The Team Rocket grunt named Mitch was getting a headache.
Just yesterday afternoon, as he now knew, he was standing guard at his post at the Celadon city base, proud of his recent promotion. But then, he was given new orders: get to briefing for a special operation. The last thing he remembered was getting on a blimp. But WHY he had done so, and everything up until now, was just a blank, and every time he tried to think about it, it just made his head hurt.
Nevertheless, here he was, at this weird crater-like place, digging out support beams from what used to be a Team Rocket base, which he also didn't remember a single thing about. But, everything was strangely familiar, but in the same way, it wasn't.
But still, it just didn't make sense...
...WHACK. His shovel hit something hard in the dirt.
"Well, there's a twist," He thought." Great. Now I've gotta dig whatever this is out, too. Better check how big it is…" But when he jabbed his shovel down a foot away in every direction, it wasn't there.
"Weird," He muttered. "It's not very big at all. But it's not a rock, though. I've done a lot of digging, and I know what a rock feels like when you hit it with a shovel...I guess I should dig it out..."
One minute later...
"AUUUGH!!!!!"
He had dug up a pokemon skull.
Mitch hadn't expected to see this, that was for sure.
His nearby friend and fellow agent ran over. "What is it?" He asked.
"Look...I dug up something's cranium."
His friend, Ross, picked it up, and studied it for a minute. Ross was a Team Rocket Pokemon scientist, and he, too, had been dragged here for reasons unknown to everybody. Yet, for one of the most skilled scientists in the entire organization, he seemed awfully puzzled by this skull.
"Well, it USED to be something's cranium, alright..." He finally said. "But what it belonged to, I can't figure out. I'd better show it to the boss."
"Alright, whatevuh. Uh-oh, 009's coming. Better get back to work..."

Ross walked over towards the boss, who was standing near the wreck of his late, beloved helicopter, obviously as puzzled as the rest. Noticing Ross, he turned to the scientist.
"What is it?" He asked, obviously a bit annoyed.
Ross presented him the skull. "It's this, sir." Giovanni took it and looked it over. Then he looked up at Ross again.
"Well? What pokemon is it?"
"That's just it, sir. I can't figure it out. I'm pretty sure it's some type of feline pokemon. It could just be a Meowth with a facial defect, or, it could be some new or extinct pokemon. I can't tell. I was hoping you would know what to do with it."
"Yes...hmm..." Giovanni thought for a minute. "Strange, indeed…hmph…. Have it stored somewhere safe for now. Since the Island DNA lab was inexplicably destroyed, we have nowhere to send it for study at the moment."
"Yes, sir."

Ash Ketchum walked in the city with his friends.
It had been quite a day. Just yesterday morning, he, Brock, and Misty had arrived at crater, trying to find some way to get around the massive canyon that stood in the way of their journey. The next thing they knew, they were getting caught up in a grudge battle between Mewtwo, apparently a very powerful psychic pokemon, and it's former master, apparently the leader of Team Rocket. There was a grand finale, as Mewtwo broke out from Team Rocket’s control, destroyed their base they had set up, and finally, wiped clean the memories of all the Team Rocket personnel in some sort of energy wave that, somehow, looked strangely familiar.
Something out of the corner of Ash’s eye caught his attention. What was that…up among the skyscrapers, standing on the flagpole of one of the tallest towers.
...Was Mewtwo.
"Ash?"
Ash turned towards Misty, Togepi, Brock, and Pikachu, who were now a couple of yards ahead of him.
"C'mon, Ash, you're falling behind." Said Misty.
"Is something wrong?" Asked Brock.
Ash smiled. "No..." He replied. "...I just thought I saw something."
He looked up again. Then, he heard in his mind, two words, obviously from Mewtwo…

"REMEMBER ME."

With that, Mewtwo took off and flew away, towards the moon.

Mewtwo soared above the city.
"Everything is well now", he thought. "My pokemon sanctuary is saved. I have locked away all memories of the past events and myself. And after all that has happened, I have a new sense of security and freedom. No longer must I go into hiding, and no longer must I be afraid of the world. In fact, I believe I shall from now on use my superior abilities to help the entire world from this point forward. Yes, everything is well now..."

"...So why do I have this feeling that something is still terribly wrong?"

[attachment deleted by admin]