PDA

View Full Version : Team Osiris Storm

Slaking master
15th December 2003, 01:37 PM
I need some help with this team.Don't just throw out a standard unless it helps it team,if i want that i would have just read gm guide

SKARMORY M L100 @LEFTOVERS [TRAIT] KEEN EYE [PERSONALITY] CALM [STAT EXP] 6/0/252/0/0/252
[HP] 272 [ATTACK] 176 [DEFENSE] 379 [SP. ATK] 116 [SP. DEF] 262 [SPEED] 176

TOXIC PROTECT ROAR SPIKES

Skarmory only real purpose is to drop as much spikes as possible before dying. I have notice a lot people putting rapid spinners on their teams on the bots :)

TYRANITAR M L100 @LEFTOVERS [TRAIT] SAND STREAM [PERSONALITY] ADAMANT 1 [STAT EXP] 6/252/0/52/200/0
[HP] 342 [ATTACK] 403 [DEFENSE] 256 [SP. ATK] 248 [SP. DEF] 236 [SPEED] 171

DRAGON DANCE ROCK SLIDE EARTHQUAKE THUNDERBOLT

It has t-bolt to hurt water pokes on switch ,but lately it has bin pwning skarmory.Where have all the gyrados gone?

SWAMPERT M L100 @PETAYA BERRY [TRAIT] TORRENT [PERSONALITY] QUIET [STAT EXP] 6/0/252/0/252/0
[HP] 342 [ATTACK] 256 [DEFENSE] 279 [SP. ATK] 294 [SP. DEF] 216 [SPEED] 140

EARTHQUAKE SURF HIDDEN POWER ELECTRIC ICE BEAM

My team has problems with pure waters,so i need all help it can to take them down

METAGROSS L100 @CHOICE BAND [TRAIT] CLEAR BODY [PERSONALITY] ADAMANT [STAT EXP] 6/252/252/0/0/0
[HP] 302 [ATTACK] 405 [DEFENSE] 358 [SP. ATK] 203 [SP. DEF] 215 [SPEED] 175

METEOR MASH EARTHQUAKE SHADOW BALL HIDDEN POWER ROCK

Standardish,i think?It has bin getting ownd by magetons lately.I think i need to put evs in special d

FLYGON M L100 @PETAYA BERRY [TRAIT] LEVITATE [PERSONALITY] MODEST [STAT EXP] 6/0/0/252/252/0
[HP] 302 [ATTACK] 212 [DEFENSE] 196 [SP. ATK] 284 [SP. DEF] 196 [SPEED] 299

EARTHQUAKE FIRE BLAST DRAGON CLAW GIGA DRAIN

Giga drain is suppose help it against water pokes,it doesn't really work until the petya berry kicks in

AERODACTYL M L100 @CHOICE BAND [TRAIT] PRESSURE [PERSONALITY] ADAMANT [STAT EXP] 6/252/0/252/0/0
[HP] 302 [ATTACK] 339 [DEFENSE] 166 [SP. ATK] 140 [SP. DEF] 186 [SPEED] 359

ANCIENTPOWER AERIAL ACE EARTHQUAKE RETURN

Standard right.It never seems to use return or aerial ace

Notes to help people rating
*Its a theme team,everybody immune to sand storm.It works agianst real teams(2 a extent)

*It has no 3x weakness but it has like 6 six 2x weakness,which might be just as bad

*The Team has probelms agianst pure waters types,Milotic, Blastoise, Suicune, plus Ludicolo has bin a pain

*The Team has problems against teams built to stall with toxic and will-o wisp

*Sunnyday or Raindance teams stomp on this team.

*I need help with evs,more than anything

* I have bin have probelms with my starter if i use skarmory people bring out mag and kill before it drops it second spike.If i use ttar people bring out the water pokemon before i get to drop spikes wit skarm and i need spikes normally to kill water pokes.

*Sometimes i use slaking in place of aero

Mad Monkey(SLAKING M L100) @CHOICE BAND [TRAIT] TRUANT [PERSONALITY] [STAT EXP] 6/252/0/252/0/0
[HP] 442 [ATTACK] 460 [DEFENSE] 236 [SP. ATK] 203 [SP. DEF] 166 [SPEED] 299

RETURN FOCUS PUNCH EARTHQUAKE SHADOW BALL

Thankz for your help

Iveechan
15th December 2003, 03:02 PM
Tyranitar may not need T-bolt. Milotic and Ludicolo have lower defense than special defense, so a rock slide after 1 or more dragon dances may kill them. Maybe brick break in that slot. I'd say, ditch choice band on Metagross if Magnetons give you that much trouble.

I'll let somebody else decide on the rest...

titandude21
16th December 2003, 12:14 AM
skarm: impish over calm

t-tar: fire blast > t-bolt on skarm. you don't need t-bolt for waters; EQ/RS w/ DD boost will do more... give it max speed

swampert: if you're willing to sacrifice EQ, you could replace it w/ Roar/Mirror Coat and go modest

metagross: agility over shadow ball/hp rock, depending on what you need more. agility can take care of the magneton problem; more spdef will do little to help

flygon: screech over giga drain, and if you want to, switch to a physical set and put return and hp rock over fire blast and dragon claw

aerodactyl: hp flying over aerial ace

you should use slaking over aero... set's fine

Don't Run With Scizors
16th December 2003, 03:39 PM
Why do people keep putting EVs in defense on Skarm? 400+ Defense may be a pretty number, but damage percent-wise, it's much better to put all those EVs in HP.

Try graphing the damage formula on a calculator, using arbitrary Attack, level, and attack base power. You'll see that at some point, having extra Defense doesn't make much of a difference overall, so it's better to have more HP at that point.

GoldDraconian
19th December 2003, 05:13 PM
The HP issue is simple math, really. You get the same number of stat points either way, but to get your actual defensive capacity, you multiply HP and the defense stat. Because Skarmory's Defense is much higher than its HP, boosting the HP brings the stats closer to being even. When you have to distribute points to make the highest number when multiplied, the way to win is to split them equally if possible or make them as close as possible. Therefore, Skarm wants its max HP before boosting physical defense. This is also why you max Snorlax's and Hariyama's Defenses rather than HP.

If the above was a little unclear, think of it this way: your stats (HP and the defense in question) are the dimensions of a rectangle. Your goal is to cover the largest surface area possible. The solution is to make a square or as square a rectangle as you can. There can be reasons to do otherwise sometimes (boosting HP to increase overall endurance (because HP helps both Def and SpDef) or to increase Leftovers healing or whatever), but in general, you try to even them out.