PDA

View Full Version : [POLLS] Crimbo Prezzies!

Silver Ledian
18th December 2003, 01:43 PM
Hi there. Thought I'd make a poll because I'm interested and I see this place has become a bit inactive since all the other stuff got a sub-forum; not complaining about it, just saying. So yep...some present-related polls:

[1] Who do you normally buy Christmas prezzies for?
[2] Have you done your Christmas shopping yet?
[3] What have you got/are getting these people?
[4] Wearing anything special on Christmas?
[5] If you could play anyone in the nativity play at school, who would it be and why? :P

And I know people don't celebrate Christmas, so for those that don't:

[6] What is your favourity holiday of your calender?
[7] What normally happens during it?
[8] Any specific memories from past celebrations on that day?

-----

Me:
[1] Normally my parents, my 2 younger brothers and my cousin. This year my parents don't want me to though so it's just my 2 brothers, my cousin and my best friend.

[2] Nope =/ None at all!

[3] Mum - slippers/pyjamas/earrings
Dad - slippers/belt/t-shirt
Brothers - art stuff/games/money
Cousin - money

Note the /'s mean 'or', not 'and' ^^;;;

[4] Jeans, new shoes, new t-shirt, nice Caterpillar sweatshirt my mum got me from Glasgow last weekend, when she was away.

[5] One of the wise men. I remember being the second wise man in primary school one time and I felt class, hehe.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
18th December 2003, 02:14 PM
Yay! A poll!! :D

- My mom, my dad, my 2 brothers, my 2 sisters, my dog, cat, turtle, a few of my friends...

-Not yet...

-I have no clue yet...

-It depends... I was going to actually wear a skirt for once... But, I don't think so anymore...

[5] If you could play anyone in the nativity play at school, who would it be and why?
-Mrs. Claus because there's a possibility that the guy who plays Santa will be a hottie... :P :wave:

Elemental Seribii
18th December 2003, 02:22 PM
I usually either suggest presents or buy them. Usually close friends and family.

No. X-x; I'm going into the city on Saturday though.

I might try to convince my mom to let me get my sister a Legolas poster. Oo; For my parents, I'm not too sure yet, and for my little sisters, I might get some Bratz. ^-^;
I got my friend in England Green Eggs and Ham in Latin for Christmas. She used to recite it al the time.

If I have to go to a party usually wear 'festive' colors (which usually means red). I think I'm wearing a red sweater with black jeans, or something like that.

[5] If you could play anyone in the nativity play at school, who would it be and why?
I'd want to be shepherd. Sheep are cool. Or an Angel, because I love their wings. ^-^

Cheesey
18th December 2003, 03:07 PM
My family normally. It's easier to tell what my big sisters would like as a present because I talk to them regularly, and I know them well... Unlike my parents. I don't talk to them very much at all.

No, I haven't. I've done a little, but not much. When we get off school I'll finish it.

For my sister, Bridget, I've got her a really beautiful charm of St Christopher for her. She's going to South Africa and Honduras next year to do conservation things. St Christopher is the saint of travel, and I'm called Christopher... I think it'd be a lovely little remembrance when she's feeling homesick or anything. I'm not sure about Alison (my other sister) but I'm sure I'll find something - There's a whole bunch of things she'd probably like. She's got a very eclectic sort of personality. As for my parents I have a surprise planned...

Nope. Just my normal clothes. I might wear any clothes I get for Christmas though, because the stuff I currently have is a bit old, lol.

O_o That was totally random... Um. Maybe a Wise Man, because they're... there? Uh... I dunno why. *shrug*

titandude21
18th December 2003, 05:20 PM
1. I shop for myself, unless my parents pay for all my presents

2. I will this weekend

3. I'm getting myself a Gamecube + Mario Golf Toadstool Tour and/or Mario Golf Double Dash (hopefully I can get all); for my parents, the best present I can give them is for me to stop acting like an ***.

4. nope, probably street clothes or bed clothes if I'm too lazy to change

5. I know nothing about these plays

Nuriko
18th December 2003, 05:54 PM

1. My parents, brother, sister, all their kids, and my friends.
2. Nope. I'm planning on going this Saturday. I would've gone earlier, but my friend got sick, so I'm going with somebody else now X_x;
3. For my mom, I burned her a CD with a bunch of Enya songs on it, since she has an Enya obsession.. I'm getting my dad a big thing of wine gums, and my sister a candle and some shampoo and stuff, and I havn't decided what to get my brother yet. Something special, since he's the only one in my family that's really nice to me. I'm getting his kids toys and things. O_o
4. No... just comfy stuff, since I'll be at home all day.
5. A sheep. XD

Gligar_Man
19th December 2003, 04:23 AM
[1] people who i know re buying me some, :\
[2] yes, been done since august or so
[3] stuff, i got pari a very expensive body-ring, made by this one guy whos like famous in the world of bm... audrey got a blouse thing (she has a very unique style... cosmic & odd & stuff, easy to pick clothes out for her), beth got a cat playpen thing, etc. etc.
[4] no
[5] jesus, no reason
[6] im not 'festive'
[7] festivity
[8] what, 8<

Little_Pikachu
19th December 2003, 10:08 AM
Mom, dad, brother, granddad (I used to buy for my grandma but she's dead now) and my buddies if we're excanging gifts.

I only have one present left to get and I haven't been shopping once :D

Alcohol, money, stuff like that. My family is easily pleased.

Eh, no. If I get some new clothes I'll probably wear them, but I don't intentionally dress up to lounge around the house all day getting drunk.

I remember in first school I was off the day when everyone was assigned characters in the nativity play so I got stuck being a crappy inn keeper :< my only line was "No". I'd go for a slightly more starring role if it was my choice :}

Lady Vulpix
19th December 2003, 10:18 AM
This poll doesn't apply to me at all. :(
I'll still reply because I don't ike being excluded.

1) Nobody, except some people at Neopets as a part of a game.
2) Moo. No Christmas shopping for me.
3) Nothing.
4) No Christmas for me. On that day I'll wear anything decent. I'm not going to decide what I'll be wearing almost a week ahead.
5) Nativity play? What's that?

Kris
23rd December 2003, 05:12 PM

1. My mum, dad, 2 brothers and my brothers girlfriend. And my two best friends.

2. Yeah

3. Mum: Fleece and scarf
Dad: Really nice Lexus lights for his corsa
Rich (Brother): CD's
Tim (Brother) : Car set
Vikki (Richs gf): CD
Luke: Subscription to max power

4. Nah never do

5. Mary as I love to be the lead!

Lightning
23rd December 2003, 08:33 PM
I buy for my mom, dad, brother, and then for another member of my non-imediate family. For the other person, we usually do this Kris Kringle thing in the family.
Yeah... finished it today. I think. I still don't know if I'm going to get my visiting grandparents anything. ><;
I got my brother the official guide for Ru/Sa (mostly for myself, though, so I can have references when drawing the PKMN), I got my mom Starbuck's coffee, and I got my dad the Phillip K. Dick book, "Paycheck". =P
Eh... nope.
I'd like to be the person who paints the scenery. I don't like being on stage and I don't really like religious things like that. XP Besides, my school doesn't have one. ;D

Ninetales3001
24th December 2003, 04:24 AM
I buy X-Mas presents for my best friend, my parents, and a few of my closest friends.

*sees it's the 24th...* I hope so! XD ...yes, I have. :D

Best Friend: Sphynx and Timesplitters 2 for the Gamecube.
Mom: Make up and a book
Dad: A DVD player with my mom
Jenn: A Strongbad shirt
Danaka: An anime artbook
Jen: $30
Laura: An Anime DVD

Nope. XD

None, because I don't like being in school plays.

mistysakura
24th December 2003, 11:03 PM
My circle of friends. My family doesn't give presents.

Ages ago.

I bought some beads and made everyone bracelets.

No.

Depends on what sort of play it is. If it's just a drama, I'd like to be an angel, because they look nice. If it's a musical, though (I'm not talking Broadway-style, just with carols, like we had one year), then I'd like to be Mary, because she's probably get a solo. I'm weird like that.

mr_pikachu
9th January 2004, 01:13 PM

1. Everyone. :D
2. Hmm, let's think. Yeah! *chuckles for bringing up an old poll again*
3. CDs and DVDs, mostly.
4. A sweater. Forced, obviously.
5. The last time I was in a school play, every single character other than me forgot all the lines. No joke. So for an answer: no one. XD