PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Best set for a shuckle.

Sir Chris
18th December 2003, 06:29 PM
sup all

so, whats your thoughts on the defensive powerhouse that if it had 200 more hp would be an unstoppable beast

post some sets :O :O :O!

here is a shuckle I used to use a long time ago! it swept someone in a cool tournament, Ilaughed my *** off, for it was funny and we all had good times afterwards, HITMONCHAN TRIED TO COUNTER, BUT IT MISSED, whahahaha.

shuckle@leftovers
double team
curse
rollout
rest

arrr! fear my leet skillz k? this is a very simple set and can be easily pulled off if you have HALF the luck I have! step one, DT and curse up! makes it almost impossible to kill it physically and all those misses will make a person go "OMG WTF I HATE YOU" and pull their hair out! then you rest if need be and ROLL OUT! like the ludicris fellow! he is hip with you kids right?

so, post all your odd sets that may be different than mine, or just nod yur head at mine, arrr I am a pirate!

Mr.E
18th December 2003, 06:52 PM
I remember in RBY when I switched my L100 Alakazam into Bruno's Hitmonchan, and it OHKOed me with Counter. :no:

Number1ChanseyFan
18th December 2003, 06:52 PM
Shuckle

Wrap
Toxic
Swagger/Encore
Rest
@Leftovers.

Wrap should be used first for trapping, and after the opponent is trapped, then use Toxic and then use Swagger/Encore. Rest when needed. This really isn't a terrific moveset, as it doesn't always work out the way one would hope that it would. Wrap isn't very accurate, (85% accuracy.) and it only traps the opponent for 2-5 turns if it hits.

bme
19th December 2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Mr.E
I remember in RBY when I switched my L100 Alakazam into Bruno's Hitmonchan, and it OHKOed me with Counter. :no:
lol

shuckle@leftovers
double team
curse
rollout
rest

Yeah, I remember more sets like that back years ago, so people started using a Vital Throw, Seismic Toss, Foresight & Curse Machamp. Something like that. ^__^ God, I miss those days. ;-;

On my fun team, I have 2 Shuckle's with: ~Toxic~Encore~Rest~Sandstorm <-- This one is shiny ^_^, but has sucky hp. :x
~Wrap~Encore~Rest~Sandstorm

Heehee.

Oh, dur. Generally, your set is the best Sir Chris. Only specific moves, which aren't common, give it trouble.:yes: Well, Counter and Haze Blastoise could get it sometimes. <3

GoldDraconian
19th December 2003, 06:30 PM
Counter is unaffected by stat modifiers what

Things like that Shuckle are reasons to pack SURPRISE HAZE HAX. Or just stall it out of PP then win. Skarmory, Forretress and Steelix are all common and all laugh at that Shuckle. Cursers are common and laugh at that Shuckle. Bad luck with Rollout laughs at that Shuckle. Things that can make use of the 12-plus turn setup have fun.

...not that I think there are any real better options on that thing...

Shuckle really needed about 303 HP to be good.

bme
20th December 2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by GoldDraconian
Counter is unaffected by stat modifiers what

I didn't see that part where Chris said counter missed, till now.

"The accuracy of Counter is unaffected by Accuracy/Evade modifiers. These will never prevent Counter from hitting the opposing pokemon."

Umm..someone hacked.:confused: