PDA

View Full Version : Brendan in the Anime!

Kojiro
19th December 2003, 01:53 PM
Check Serbii.net, he is in jirachi movie. he has a Shirfty and Aggron.

But how come I never heard anybody talk about it, no one has said anyhting about him when the japanese version came out.

Whats up with that!

Animelee
19th December 2003, 05:17 PM
Here's a bigger picture from my friend Opaque:

Once I get the movie next week, I'll make bigger and better quality pictures. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kojiro
19th December 2003, 07:36 PM
Doeas he have a role, or just a cameo?

Animelee
19th December 2003, 07:48 PM
Unfortunately, a cameo.

Here's hoping that he'll be in the TV series sometime soon.

Gravy
20th December 2003, 11:02 AM
Just wondering, but why wasn't there any news of this when the film was initially released in japanese cinemas? You'd think it would have been mentioned somewhere (unless its added footage for the DVD?) ...oh well *shrugs*

Hmm, well personally I think if he was to make an appearence during the series, it would be in the Houen championship matches. A little cliché I admit, but the only role I can picture him in, is as one of the trainers Ash will have to battle.

Mikey
20th December 2003, 01:47 PM
It wasn't really mentioned because Brendan was only in the before scenes. Like in America with the Brock giving a little insight before the films, he appears in the new AG insight before the AG films, and its for a second or two so yeah...

Light_Togetic
20th December 2003, 03:49 PM
They probably just used him for eye candy purposes. Kinda like a "We know ya' want him, so, er, here..." thing.

I'm hoping we do get to see him though sometime throughout the series. Although, he wouldn't be much of a rival for May, since she already has Shuu. Maybe he could act as Ash's new rival?? That'd be kinda weird though, since I'm too used to thinking of Brendan as May's rival...

Oh yes, and thank you Opaque and Animelee for the pic. *Looks at Shiftry* Ugh... I'll never get used to that thing...

Jash Thor
28th December 2003, 08:38 PM
Sooooo...Brendan makes and appearence. Cool. Now the only thing is if they decide to make a special (like the Raikou special with Kenta), are they gonna keep him with those two or give him the image of a trainer who started from Little Root? I guess if they didn't give him a Shiftry and Aggron in the movie...

Anyways, cool to see him there, he was always one of the coolest looking Pokemon characters in the games (i thought).

Silver_Forest
18th January 2004, 05:09 PM
How come i have never seen hiro, crystal, and silver in the anime before?

I've seen red(ash), blue(gary),and may

Animelee
18th January 2004, 05:19 PM
Kenta (Hiro), Marina (Crystal), and Silver (no name) have been in the cartoon before. They had their own special called "Pocket Monsters Crystal - Legend of the Thunderbolt".

It's an hour long, and it aired on New Years Eve 2001. :)

It was never dubbed, though, and it seems it'll never be dubbed. :/

Edit: Woah, Gravy, you and I are on the same mental wavelength, or something. :O

Gravy
18th January 2004, 05:19 PM
Surely you've heard of the famous un-dubbed Raikou special?
The GSC trainers starred in the special, although they didn't retain their default games from the game. Gold was called Kenta, and Crystal was Marina. There's loads of info lying around the net about it..

EDIT: Animelee beat me too it, it seems :P

Silver_Forest
18th January 2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks!
^_^

Kojiro
19th January 2004, 08:30 AM
Plus it has two new TR members, who are pretty violent, as well as like the only time Typhlosion plays a part, and a major part in that case.

The downside? Silver, who looks awesome, only gets a 15 second cameo in the opening.

Chris 2.1
19th January 2004, 10:57 AM
And to make up for the Typhlosion-less undubbed Raikou Special, Typhlosion makes a cameo in 'Gonna Rule The School', as a Pokemon in the Battle Class Ash attends. the previous Lavaridge Gym Leader, Mura (or something) also has one.

Nikku-San
19th January 2004, 11:02 PM
It sucks that Silver's appearance was so short-lived... He would make a good villain if they ever make another special with the GSC chars... As for Brendan, I think he would be kinda nice, but a little arrogant.