PDA

View Full Version : Gore?

Grim Reaper79
20th December 2003, 12:46 PM
I am currently writing a fic and I have a scene thats will be a little bloody. I have already written it and I can take blood and everything all right but I understand that some people to not enjoy seeing/reading about it. I dont plan on taking the scene out so should i tone it down because it is pretty descriptful or should I leave it. I dont want to turn anyone away from the fic

Chris 2.1
20th December 2003, 02:31 PM
maybe just warn readers before the fic begins, give it a rating or something. Or maybe just say before a gory chapter, that the chapter itself is rather violent and you'll do fine

DannyBoy
20th December 2003, 02:34 PM
Having gore in the fic is ok. Just put up a warning when it will bein the story so people who don't like it read but its ok. I have 2 fics that involve gore most of the time and I just put a warning up at the beginning so people don't read if they don't want to. But just leave it the way it is. I can't wait to see what it is.

Mewfour
20th December 2003, 04:08 PM
I *would* tell you that my fic Bloody Sword has tons of brutal gore in it, but for some reason, I have this feelign that Oz would go Disney land on this post if I provided a link of any kind.

Smart thinking... if you provided a link then not only would Oz go to disney land and take me with him, you'd break a rule *shrug* ~Mist

Iveechan
21st December 2003, 08:19 PM
Yeah, just give people a heads up. I like gore myself. Ended one of my fics with somebody being eaten and described it. I didn't tone the gore down one bit, but nobody got on my case when I posted it on forums, so gore is fine.

Powarun
18th January 2004, 05:51 PM
Eh, some people may not like gore, just post the story once and if people dislike it ask a mod to get rid of the story and replace it witha clean version a day later.

The Rusted One
18th January 2004, 10:46 PM
I can't see that as being a good idea - the story is the story, the way the author wishes it to be, and if something is so prominent it must be editted out, then it may too affect the story itself, or the way the story flows. A warning about the mature content would be the best action to take, as you are providing the reader with a reason not to read it if they know they won't like it. Even if they don't, nobody made them read it, and therefore they are the ones to be held accountable for reading it, regardless of what the content was (within reason, of course).