PDA

View Full Version : Three New AG titles...

Zak
20th December 2003, 05:23 PM
335(AG59): Return to Mauville Gym! VS Manectric!

336(AG60): Skitty and Delcatty! Enter the Legendary Coordinator!

337(AG61): Enter the Phantom Masked Coordinator!

Note: For those who don't know, a "Coordinator" is the Contest equivilent of "Trainer". Trainers battle, Coordinators do contests.

Discuss.

~Zak

SuperSonic
20th December 2003, 05:36 PM
Was the first Mauville gym battle void because Pikachu was powered up or something? or are they just battleing again for fun?

Rocketboy
20th December 2003, 06:45 PM
I was hoping a title mentioning Torkal. :( But could the second one mean that Skitty evolves?

Animelee
20th December 2003, 06:51 PM
Hmmm, it seems Ash feels he needs to win fair and square. Good character development right there.

Wow, Skitty and Delcatty, eh? I hope it's what I think it means.

Hmm, maybe the phantom coordinator is after May's supposed Delcatty?

Gravy
20th December 2003, 07:59 PM
Well...this is a first. Ash actually having a rematch with a gym leader. I have a feeling this gym battle will be great. The first encounter was a huge dissapoinment. A pokémon like Manectric is bound to give a good show, and I expect this to be a great battle. I just hope Wattson gets his sweet revenge on little Pika :P

Erm...the Delcatty one. Well, this is certainly going to be interesting. Maybe this Delcatty belongs to a contest entrant that Haruka befriends before the contest takes place. I'm interested to see how this works out.
I doubt Skitty will evolve, its become the loveable-psyduckian type of pokémon we all love...except, instead of being just plain dumb, Skitty's dumb and chases stuff. Winning formula there XD Plus I understand its one of the more popular pokémon in japan so...meh.

Erm...mysterious masked contest coordinator eh? I'm certainly interested in this. I find the contest sagas to be quite enjoyable.
Sounds a little odd though.Reminds me of phantom of the opera for some reason *images phantom snatching Haruka and carrying her off to his lair* Erm...yeah >_>;

Andrew
20th December 2003, 08:15 PM
335(AG59): Return to Mauville Gym! VS Manectric! - Heh, a nice filler IMO.

336(AG60): Skitty and Delcatty! Skitty will not evolve into Delcatty. Either May admires one, or Skitty and Delcatty are confused or something.

337(AG61): The Masked Coordinator Phantom! I have no idea. Perhaps a Phantom of the Opera thing?

soggy_cardboard
21st December 2003, 03:11 AM
ill bet that the Skitty will have to beat the Delcatty....

and "The Masked Coordinator Phantom!" sounds interesting:yes:
hmmm...maybe a ninja-dude, like the trainers in the r/s games?

Chris 2.1
21st December 2003, 04:14 PM
-- Oooh, I bet Ash feels guilty about losing etc etc. Maybe this will be fun afterall, or maybe Ash loses his dynamo badge and Wattson lets him have a new one...after testing his new Manectric out!

--Ideally, I want Skitzmeister to evolve, because she looks dumpy and weird, while Delcatty has a certain elegance about it. I reckon May sees a Delcatty and decides to try and evolve Skitty for the next contest?

--?

Kojiro
21st December 2003, 04:42 PM
manetric is the bomb, maybe we will see some of new Mauville.

Hmm, I think the next two are gonna be a contest arc, maybe May goes back to win the Fallabor Contest?

Anyway, Skitty evolving already? You know, it would be really cool if the Clefairy from the Spaceship Episode have something to do with the Moonstone!

And I think the masked guy will be a new constest rival for May, who knows, he may be working for TM/TA.

Gravy
21st December 2003, 04:48 PM
Aiyah, no one said Skitty was evolving. It won't evolve, its just so obvious.
a.) Its a popular pokémon in Japan. The popular ones almost NEVER evolve.
b.) If it evolves, it'll lose its running gag. Running gag pokémon never evolve, unless the running gag can still be used eg Chikorita > Bayleef. They can't use Skitty's running gag if it evolves.
c.) She's not even had it for 10 episodes, and has only just learnt it knows Cats Paw

Anyways...enough with volution. I really want to know about this masked phantom they'll be meeting. Maybe the spirit of a former coordinator or summinc?

EDIT: Erm...didn't mean to sound harsh btw...sorry if I did ^_^;

*Murkrow
22nd December 2003, 06:41 AM
Well, the first one sounds interesting, hopefully Manectric will be a tough match to make up for the lacklustre(sp?) other one.
The second one....well, I doubt it'll evolve, unless they find a random Moonstone around, other reason are the same as Gravy posted above.
I haven't a clue about that last one o_O

Light_Togetic
22nd December 2003, 10:50 AM
First one, hmm... this is unique! I think AG is trying to make their gym battles a little different to make up for the, erm, less-than-exciting Johto gyms. Wattson's cool, so I don't mind seeing him a second time. It's also kinda cool to see Ash re-visiting Mauville. I had to visit there a lot in the game... -_-

I seriously doubt Skitty will evolve. As Gravy said, it's only been on the show for a short time. And it's not like Beautifly, where it needs to evolve to get past the boring 'pupa' stage. They'll probably meet up with some trainer that has a Delcatty. Maybe it'll be Shuu!! o.O j/k ^^

Erm... I hope this episode is funny. I was watching some Indigo league pokemon episodes yesterday, and they're really funny! I miss that kind of spunk and humor that the first season had. I'm still waiting for AG to gain back that same feeling, and I think what the series needs are some good ol' fashioned fun episodes. Some more light-hearted ones that just make you laugh. And I'm not talking about the few moments of laughter we get over a spread of three episodes; I mean the whole episode. Just watch a few Indigo episodes again and you'll see what I mean.

Chris 2.1
26th December 2003, 09:19 AM
I reckon that the Delcatty episode MAY introduce us to Wally. Maybe he has a Skitty, too, and it evolves in the episode. This MIGHT give May the thought of spending time with Skitty and helping it mature.......although I'm sure she'll still pop out her ball :P

Jash Thor
28th December 2003, 08:44 PM
Return to a gym? Sounds cool. Possibly called back by Wattson for some reason or somewhat. I'm hoping it mite have something to do with New Mauville. I doubt it, but that would be kinda cool.

I'm not planning on Skitty evolving. I'm guessing that May will arrive at the contest, and someone else will have a Delcatty. She'll fall in love with it, and try all that she can to get Skitty to evolve. Of course it wont and in a happy ending she'll realize its good just the way it is (meh).

I'm definetely feeling a Phantom of the Opera esque thing. Things are goin wrong for the competition (lights flickering and all of that eerie stuff), and a man wearing a mask claims to be behind it. He'll enter and all that with a Pokemon that is absolutely beautiful and everyone will think he is some kind of ghost or something. Then he'll get his mask knocked lose (accidentally by Team Rocket prolly)...and yea.

Zak
7th January 2004, 01:08 AM
AG 60 and 61's titles have changed.

60 is now: Skitty and Delcatty! Enter the Legendary Coordinator!

61 is now: Enter the Phantom Masked Coordinator!

Gaborn
7th January 2004, 02:53 AM
Two more episodes having to deal with pokemon contests. Contests are very interesting, and it's good to take the focus away from Ash every so often.

A legendary Coordinator with a Delcatty. I'd assume that he/she has all kinds of powerful pokemon, which Delcatty can build off of with assist. It's not a very impressive pokemon without that one attack. This episode will be good for building a stronger relationship with May and her Skitty. I guess meeting a legendary contest person is the May equivalent of Ash meeting a member of the Elite 4 (although I'm assuming the legendary person won't have the same... proportions as Lorelei).

What kind of connection do you think the masked phantom person has with the legendary coordinator? They wouldn't have two episodes like this back to back unless they had some sort of bizarre connection. Let's hope they have a good contest pokemon. I'm going to guess a shuppet or banette will make it's debut.

They're growing closer and closer to Tropius territory. I can only hope that it will be involved in a contest.

Yami Ron
7th January 2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Zak
AG 60 and 61's titles have changed.

60 is now: Skitty and Delcatty! Enter the Legendary Coordinator!

61 is now: Enter the Phantom Masked Coordinator!

Zachary,

The second title is a tiny bit off. It should be...
"Enter the Phantom, the Masked Coordinator!"

Nikku-San
7th January 2004, 08:20 AM
Maybe the legendary coordinator refuses to battle May after seeing how untrained her Skitty is. So May dresses up as the Phantom Masked Coordinator to enter the contest instead. It could happen.