PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Hitmon Top,Chan or Lee?

HyperBlaziken
21st December 2003, 04:41 AM
Witch one do you like better, I like Hitmonchan better for some reason.

Vega
21st December 2003, 07:01 AM
none of them really, they all kinda suck.

Hitmontop is kinda ok i guess...

Number1ChanseyFan
21st December 2003, 08:54 AM
Hmmm, I guess I like Hitmonlee the best. It has the highest attack stats of all of the Hitmons, but then again, it has the lowest defense stat among the Hitmons. Still, Hitmonlee is prolly my favorite.

Hitmonlee

Hi Jump Kick/Mach Punch
HP Ghost
Curse
Rest
@Leftovers.

BTW, Hi Vega, I haven't seen ya around the forums for awhile!! ;) :wave:

Poryhedron
21st December 2003, 04:23 PM
They have different uses. If I want a good Fighting-type move user, to take down pokémon that are weak against them, I definitely go with Hitmonlee. Hitmonchan's three element punches can be useful if you want a pokémon with varied uses; I can't think of any type that's resistant to all three. Of course, I'm talking in-game here, because a Fire Punch/ThunderPunch/Ice Punch/Mach Punch Hitmonchan would die a horrible death in competitive battling. Hitmontop...I haven't experimented with much.

Iveechan
21st December 2003, 06:21 PM
Personally, based on appearance and my love of weird things, I love Hitmonchan. He's my favorite Pokemon. All of them can be good, lee with the highest attack and good speed but low defense, hitmontop has the lowest speed but pretty good attack and defense, chan being the middle man. Some say that the curse/mach punch combo on chan is effective. Try backtrading for Body Slam too. I like to start off with lee and breed on hi jump kick, tis a fun move, and looks adorable on a chan in stadium.

Strider
21st December 2003, 07:19 PM
I usually prefer Hitmonlee over the others; sure it won't take too much punishment, but with its high attack and speed, it can get in a good amount of damage before it is taken down or withdrawn.

Moveset-wise, I'd use:

HP Ghost
Hi-Jump Kick
Return/Body Slam/Curse
Rest
With Mint Berry/Leftovers

SupremeChampion
24th December 2003, 08:02 AM
i like hitmonchan best. very versatile in game, and he got me out of some tough spots before waaaay back in r/b/y, so i owe it to him.

~The Italian Stallion

GirlRepellant
24th December 2003, 04:44 PM
I think there's a reason why you never see these guys in serious competative teams... they are really useless compared to other fighting types (Machamp, for example).

Out of the 3... Lee if you want a fighting type, Chan for an all-around, Top for sheer weirdness.

Kari and Mewtwo
26th December 2003, 06:51 AM
Hitmonlee is by far the best of the 3, but Chan seems to suit the metagame better. Top is more or less an average between the two, where Lee is offense, chan is defense, and top is both (ironically, though, Top has the lowest attack out of the 3 hitmons, but the highest defense of the 3.)

Green_Pikachu
26th December 2003, 08:21 AM
primeape is better than all 3. hitmonlee is a good attacker. hitmontop is just crazy, and hitmonchan is crap. fighting types are actually very effective in the metagame, it's just a shame there aren't any really good ones. heracross is the best fighter, and he lacks a fighting move. out of those 3 options though, hitmonlee is by far the best, and many people already gave you sets, so I'm not going to repeat them.