PDA

View Full Version : Walkthru for catching the Reji's. Please Help.

Latios24
1st December 2002, 09:02 PM
Can someone kind enough please make a walkthru on how to unlock and catch the Reji's. I'm stuck right now and have know clue on how to catch them. It'll be helpful if you can list the routes or cities on where they are. Maybe you can post some pics up too? This will help alot of people besides myself. Thanks!

Damian Silverblade
1st December 2002, 09:06 PM
Step 1 : Fly to the log town. Make sure to have a pokemon with dig, Jiiransu (stone fish, caught by diving in the seaweeds) and Hoeruo (big wall, evolve at level 40 from Wailmer which is found by fishing with a good or ultra rod.) with you.

Go surfing westward, and south until you see a big rock. Then enter the fast currents.

This should take you to a small island. Cross the island, and you should see a new shallow area to the west. Enter the fast current so that you get to those shallows. Cross to the end of those shallows, and enter the fast currents again.

You'll reach an area of normal water. Surf to the west end of it, and enter the fast currents yet again to reach the shallows you can see from there.

Walk to the north-west end of these shallows, and surf again. You'll reach new shallows. Now, there, take ONE step EXACTLY south, then head west to enter the fast currents again.

You should reach an area with a diving (darker) water spot. Dive there. Then head in the cave entrance south, and surf south until you reach a point where you see strange characters on the wall. Surface in front of those characters, you'll be in a cave.

Go read the pannel with writing at the top of the cave, then use dig in front of it to open a new cave.

Go read the pannel with writing at the top of the second cave. You may need to read it twice, but eventually you'll get an earthquake.

This has opened up the three Reji shrines.

Shrine 1 : Fly to Muro town (the 2nd gym town). From there, surf north, and try to keep to the west as much as possible. You'll eventually reach a new cave. Enter it, read the pannel in front of the cave. Now as far as we know all you have to do there is to sit for a few minutes and wait, then a new cave will open. Enter, you will see Reji-Ice in it.

Shrine 2 : head into the desert. From there, go south, and you'll find the shrine. Read the pannel, and from the middle of it, take two steps right, two down, and use strength. This will opens up a new cave, in which Reji-Rock is waiting.

Shrine 3 : Head to the rainy area. Look around, you'll eventually find the third shrine (I'm personally not sure where it is). Enter it, read the pannel, go stand in the middle of the cave, and use flight to open up the final cave, in which Reji-Steel is waiting.

Latios24
1st December 2002, 09:09 PM
gee thanks so much silverblade.

ronaldmc
2nd December 2002, 06:26 AM
I used DIG in the first part and the passage openned, but in the second one, I canŽt get this earthquake... IŽve read so many thimes and nothing happens.
IŽm with hoeruo e jiiransu, but nothing happens...

Damian Silverblade
2nd December 2002, 12:42 PM
Oh, wait, forgot one part.

Have Jiiransu as your first pokemon and Hoeruo as your sixth one.

Latios24
2nd December 2002, 04:27 PM
I don't know where to get the ultra rod. And why is jirransu(sp) and Houreo(sp) important to unlocking the Reji's?

Damian Silverblade
2nd December 2002, 04:29 PM
If you mean game-wise, because having them on your team will cause the Earthquake to open, allowing you to access the reji shrines.

Story wise, we're not ENTIRELY sure of the Reji's place yet, or of Hoeruo and Jiiransu's relevance.

Latios24
2nd December 2002, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know where you can get the rod to catch Walimer? I'm guessing its the ultra rod.

mudskip
2nd December 2002, 05:26 PM
where do you get dig?

Damian Silverblade
2nd December 2002, 05:36 PM
TM 28, it's in the house with the tunnel at the top-left of the map, talk with the man there.

Damian Silverblade
2nd December 2002, 05:36 PM
TM 28, it's in the house with the tunnel at the top-left of the map, talk with the kid there.

Mewton2
3rd December 2002, 03:43 PM
Where do you get surf? I just beat the gymleader after fire and I can't find surf!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Damian Silverblade
3rd December 2002, 04:45 PM
You get it from a house just besides the normal gym (5th gym).

Latios24
3rd December 2002, 05:09 PM
I'm confuse

"Go surfing westward, and south until you see a big rock. Then enter the fast currents."

This big rock, is it white? And the log town, is this town on an Island?

Also, how does the fast currents look like. Will it automatically move you?

Latios24
3rd December 2002, 05:14 PM
this is where I am at the moment. In which direction should I go to unlock the Reji's?

GrnMarvl13
3rd December 2002, 07:49 PM
Go to the blue town south of there and surf to the west (left) and look for two separate sets of rocks about midway on the current. Enter the current just south of the lowest of the two sets.

Latios24
3rd December 2002, 07:54 PM
thanks for replying. this blue town. is it on an island?

Damian Silverblade
3rd December 2002, 07:56 PM
No. It's built on platforms, with floating logs streets.

Latios24
3rd December 2002, 08:08 PM
if thats it then I've never been to that town. There is one town or island that I've never been on. And I don't know how to get there because there are rocks blocking the way.

GrnMarvl13
4th December 2002, 11:06 AM
You may have to defeat all 8 gym leaders in order to get there (I'm not sure, since I purposely waited till after that to go there).

And can someone explain to me why I can't unlock Reji-rock? I've captured both Reji-ice and steel, but when I read the panel, go two steps to the right, then two steps down, and use strength...nothing happens. I'm starting from the center of the panels like I'm supposed to...and nothing.

Latios24
4th December 2002, 05:10 PM
do you have to beat the elite 4 first before you can unlock the reji's? How do you get to the log town. Please help so I can shut up and not ask for help about this thing.

I've beaten all 8 gym leaders but did not fight the elite 4 yet. no one said you had to beat the elite 4................

GrnMarvl13
4th December 2002, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure if you have to defeat the Elite 4 to catch the Rejis, but you certainly don't have to to find the log town. To find it just surf as far south as you can, then start surfing west, eventually you'll hit it. Basically, stick to the west on the rocks, and head south. Eventually you'll hit a patch that allows you to keep going west, and the route number should change when you start to head that way, and you'll run across some more trainers swimming around.

Latios24
4th December 2002, 11:58 PM
ok thanks to everyone who helped. Now I got another trouble. I am at Reji's ice shrine. And I read the braille. I waited like the walkthru instructed but the cave did not open. So how many minutes are we talking here you have to wait for the cave to open?

ronaldmc
6th December 2002, 03:06 PM
Where is this RAINING PLACE???
And I wait, wait and the passage to Ice Rejis doesnŽt open...
:P
Help...

Latios24
6th December 2002, 04:31 PM
I can help you. I caught them all after hours of gluing my face to the screen and pulling some strands of hair out. For that Reji Ice, you have to wait for a lonnnnnnng time. Yes, it may look like your game is suddenly frozen or broken but its actually like that. For that raining thing. Um, I think you are suppose to fly to the town with the safari zone and travel left. Go find this Super Nerd trainer and go left. Go up a stair I think. Then go up another stair. There will be some green grass covering the path to trick you in believing its trees. After you go up there should be a cave. It should be raining too I think. Once in the cave, read the braille and walk to the center of the cave, and use fly. Happy Hunting.

ronaldmc
6th December 2002, 08:03 PM
Oh, great. I got them. Thanks a lot.
And thereŽs more... While traveling to this raining part, I found LATIAS in the grass! Now the pokedex can track it and sooner or later IŽll capture my dragon psy poke. :)