PDA

View Full Version : ALTTP (GBA) questions

Misdreavus
21st December 2003, 02:36 PM
1. If I die and I shut off the Game Boy Player after the "Game Over" screen appears with the options (without selecting an option), will the game record that I died in that circumstance or not? (I am trying to get a 000 game finish)

2. When would I get to see the number of times I died? During my last playthrough, I didn't see it in the credits after I beat Ganon... does it appear after I beat the Palace of the Four Sword or something?

3. Are there any big uses for the Golden Bee in this game? I've heard that you can defeat Mothula very easily by releasing Golden Bees/Bees on him... does this work? And are there any other enemies that Golden Bees/Bees work well on?

4. Where is this Dark World Shield Shop with Like-Likes in front of it that I have heard about?

Strider
21st December 2003, 07:35 PM
1. If I die and I shut off the Game Boy Player after the "Game Over" screen appears with the options (without selecting an option), will the game record that I died in that circumstance or not? (I am trying to get a 000 game finish)

I'm not too sure about this... but I would suppose the game does record the loss when the 'Game Over' screen shows up.

A simpler way to get a zero death game is to keep two or so faries with you at all times. That is unless you want the challenge of keeping alive without any aid.

2. When would I get to see the number of times I died? During my last playthrough, I didn't see it in the credits after I beat Ganon... does it appear after I beat the Palace ofthe Four Sword or something?

The number of deaths should show up after you beat the game, either before or after the credits. A list of the areas and a number in parenthesis next to the name of the area (i.e. Death Mountain (xx)) should scroll by.

3. Are there any big uses for the Golden Bee in this game? I've heard that you can defeat Mothula very easily by releasing Golden Bees/Bees on him... does this work? And are there any other enemies that Golden Bees/Bees work well on?

I'm not too sure about the Golden Bee's capabilities, as I never really used it.. all I know is that it attacks enemies. But I don't think the bee has other real uses, other than attacking enemies for you.

4. Where is this Dark World Shield Shop with Like-Likes in front of it that I have heard about?

The shop is south to a sign that directs you to a cave, near Skull Woods if I remember correctly.

Ultimate Pikachu
21st December 2003, 07:46 PM
4. It's south of the Skull Woods. A sign points you there. You have to jump a fence to get to the shop.

Misdreavus
21st December 2003, 08:13 PM
Anyone know anything else on question 1? That's the one I need the most advice on. What if I were to turn it off as Link dies and begins to fall down but before the "Game Over" message appears? I meant to do this when I turned it off today but I was using the Game Boy Player for Gamecube and sitting far away with my wireless controller... I tried to restart it by the "Change Game Pak" command but the Game Over scene was in motion while the menu came up.

SageofLaughter
22nd December 2003, 03:20 PM
The game will only record a death if you save afterwards. If you turn off the GBA without saving, it wont record that you died.