PDA

View Full Version : AG Episode #57: Lots of Spinda! Search for Happiness Beyond a Mountain!

Light_Togetic
22nd December 2003, 11:47 AM
Wow, haven't done one of these in a while... Anyway, felt like I had to do this one for soggy!

Advanced Generation Episode #57: Lots of Spinda! Search for Happiness Beyond a Mountain!

Well, we know that there's a girl named Clare who's looking for a particular Spinda with a heart-shaped mark on it.

The Preview:

It opens with the usual red screen with Groudon on it, and then it shows us Ash and co. with Ash's PokeDex out looking up something. Then we're taken to a scene with a large group of Spinda, and one standing in the back a ways away. (BTW, most of the background scenery here is a field of flowers type place. It looks really pretty, but not exactly how I imagined the area with Spinda to be.) Then it goes to Clare, who's wearing this sort of greenish dress with a hat. And... that's were my computer screws up... no seriously, I think there's something wrong with my RealPlayer... Anyway, my computer rights itself, and then we see Clare standing facing a man (this is obviously a memory), and he hands her something. After that we see Clare holding a Spinda. Then we get to see a TR machine, it's a giant Spinda! (So original...) It flashes Ash and co. and then we see Brock toss Forretress (good to se it hasn't been completely forgotten!) toward TR's machine. And then we see a final picture of Spinda... That's all!!

The Pictures:

The Infamous Spinda With the Heart Shape!! (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anima/images/anima_weekly.jpg)

The glowing eyes kinda freak me out... o.O (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/057.jpg)

The Talk:

Well, this looks to be a filler, but not all fillers are bad. Some fillers are my favorite episodes. Maybe they'll give Spinda a good storyline, and hopefully some interesting battles.

Chris 2.1
23rd December 2003, 12:12 PM
well, this episode does honestly sound boring. I mean....bleh. Clare's surely a lovely girl, and I'm sure TR have a great reason for catching Spinda.

I suppose AG fillers DO at least have funny Pokemon *thinks about 'wings n things', shudders*

FusionSonicX
23rd December 2003, 09:06 PM
this ep seems boring

Zak
23rd December 2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by FusionSonicX
this ep seems boring

Your post seems boring. Warned for spamming. Not saying I don't agree that it seems boring, but if you're gonna say that, might as well explain why.

Even if it was a positive remark, yet the post was "This ep seems cool", that would still be spamming.

~Zak

soggy_cardboard
23rd December 2003, 10:38 PM
:rolleyes: @ heart on Spinda....there is no "heart spot" in the game:mad: I suppose there's gonna be squares and diamonds too:rolleyes:

Ya think in that 1st pic, he/she is using Psybeam?

Dont ya think that 2nd pic looks like a Jigglypuff pose?
(i can picture it saying....jiggly.....puff!) and then inflating...

Arh, i wanna see Teeter Dance!

LOL! XD I wanna see TRs robo-spinda! hahahaaha!

thx Light_Togetic !

Gravy
24th December 2003, 07:10 AM
After seeing the preview a few times I've just gotta say...Spinda is such a friggin' cool pokémon! I mean, I always thought it was pointless and boring up until now. But, the way they stumble around like that, and those evil, glowing, spiral-shaped eyes...how can you not like them? @_@ *ahem* Anyways...

This ep does seem to have 'horrid filler' written all over it in red permanent marker. I was hoping we'd see them trying to figure out how to get the Spinda over some mountain without them falling off the path and stumbling to their doom..but, meh, it just seems like such a bore from the preveiw.

Animelee
26th December 2003, 11:03 PM
This episode was SO not a filler. :P

1. At a McDonalds-type place, Satoshi and his friends decided to go to Toka City and face Senri for the fifth Hoenn badge.

2. This episode took place on Route 113, the infamous Patcheel route.

I mean, Route 113 is from RS, and the show is based from the game. And, they decided to go to Toka City, as well.

Sorry if I sound harsh and rude, I really am not trying to. *Nervous face*

Gravy
27th December 2003, 09:20 AM
Meh, you don't sound harsh at all to me *shrugs*
Well, in some respects I suppose it wasn't a filler considering they were on Route 113. But I'm guessing the plotline wasn't at all too good, correct? I think when most people talk about fillers, they mean episodes were nothing extremly relevent to the plotline occurs.

Animelee
27th December 2003, 09:26 AM
Oh, phew, I was going to edit my post, because I felt I was harsh. *Nervous face*

Well, in my opinion, say they never discussed going to Toka City, and say they were at another part of Hoenn, too far to be Route 113, then I would say this was a filler, yeah.

But please don't think I'm trying to change your opinions, or anything. I'm just discussing mine. *Nervous face*

Gravy
27th December 2003, 09:32 AM
lol, its ok to have your own opinions y'know, I'm sure everybody is fine with them :P
Well...seeing as Ash was originally intending to go to Toka in the first place, and the fact that Haruka needs to enter the contest, I gues that could be considered an important contribution to the animé. Not as important as pokémon captures and such though ^_^0

Pewter City Geodude
29th December 2003, 08:40 PM
I saw the episode yesterday. It was a filler, but a pretty good one. :) They were helping the GOTD and (her father? I assume) try to find a particular Spinda with a heart on its face, and Brock kept finding the one with the broken heart, which was a funny reflection of his luck with girls. :P And in that second pic, the Spinda was using Hypnosis. And the reason Brock threw Forretress at the Spinda-mech was so that it could use Explosion when it landed in its mouth and blow the mech up. Heh, that's a pretty simple way to deal with TR's regular mechs, I dunno why they didn't think of that sooner. :P