Ultimate Charizard
2nd January 2003, 12:04 AM
2v2
1 week DQ limit
You choose first
I attack first

Arena
The Jungle
Not as u might think, not really a jungle but actually the nickname of my Local Rugby Stadium. Its set out and marked in the standard way with the posts and stands. (Think Football for all you Americans)
The pitch is 100yards long with a 'H' shaped goal at either end. Grass surface with stands on all sides filled with fans.

But then again this is England and one or too hooligans get into the games. Since rugby is a physical game pokemon that try get too tactical rather than get on with the fight may be the target of Bottles or other objects that may be randomly thrown from the crowd causing 5/10 percent damage at the ref's discretion. Which means that 'Physical' pokemon may have an advantage.
At 'half time' (when the first pokemon is Knocked out) the winner will get a rest period (regain 10% health and half Fatigue)
----------------------------------

Who says i cant be original.

I need an opponent and a ref for this one so......lets see who wants some.

Icy
2nd January 2003, 12:09 AM
I'm not an approved ref, but I think I can manage. I think I may be able to handle reffing. Is that okay with you? Even though I'm not approved so I may not be the top notch ref.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd January 2003, 12:13 AM
No offence or anything but ive had bad experiences with Newbie refs just trying to make money, id prefer someone who is at least approved.

Feel free to challenge me in the actual battle if you want though.

Icy
2nd January 2003, 12:16 AM
Okay, I don't think I'll battle.

No offense taken.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd January 2003, 12:18 AM
sorry dude, there just seems to be a wave of people trying to ref without bothering to get approved in the hope of getting cash.

If your really that good then feel free to ref. Guess i should learn my ASB history.

All i need now is an opponent.

Jarreddo
2nd January 2003, 12:29 AM
All right, I'll fight.

Let's see... What Pokemon do I have again? Ehhh... Okay, go Bertha! (F Geodude)

*Geodude appears wearing shoulder pads* Haha.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd January 2003, 12:37 AM
Ok then, ill Choose Heracross!! (Female)

Start off by shaking things up with Earthquake, follow that with a Body Slam and Finish with the Megahorn

Jarreddo
2nd January 2003, 01:21 AM
All right, let's see...

Start off with an Earthquake to beat his. Then go ahead and use Fire Punch. Finally, go with Dig.

Hahaha, now THAT'S what I call no strategy. XP

Ultimate Charizard
2nd January 2003, 11:19 PM
Can we get a reffing please.

Im not sure if anyone agreed to ref us yet so any experienced Ref willing to help out.

Ultimate Charizard
6th January 2003, 07:24 PM
*Fires Klaxon*

Excuse me ref's, we need someone to ref this

100FangCroconaw
24th January 2003, 07:44 PM
Me ref? *approved*

Jarreddo
10th February 2003, 12:23 AM
*saves topic from certain doom*

Eh, I'm fine with pretty much any ref, how about you?

Ultimate Charizard
10th February 2003, 04:09 AM
As long as someone steps forward and has a go thats fine.

Jarreddo
16th February 2003, 10:36 PM
All right, goodbye 100DaysToref(worst joke I ever made...), it seems you don't keep track of battles you offer to ref. Currently looking around for a new ref.

Wolfsong
16th February 2003, 11:13 PM
Well, I've been asked to ref. I'll do my best, but i know zilch about sports. I'll try to have a reffing up tomorrow or Tuesday night by the latest.

Wolfsong
18th February 2003, 05:27 PM
Round One

A cool breeze wafts across the field, causing the grass to sway. There is a dull roar echoing throughout the stands as spectators watch the two opposing trainers enter. The opposing trainer releases what looks like a rock, but is really a geodude. The challenging trainer nodds, thinking for a minute before releasing a giant bug, heracross. The trainers await a ref, but when one arrives, he does nothing, and the crowd rewards him, by chunking several bottles, shoes, and various other items, knocking him out. As he is being carried off the field by several chanseys, shouts can be heard as a Dragonite appears with a vaporeon on his head carrying his struggling trainer in his arms. Landing, he sets her down, as her vaporeon tries to calm he down by spraying her with water. "Ayla, you're gong to regret that," the person says as she turns around to look at the people staring at her. The trainers once more issue their attacks as the ref drops her white flag signaling the beginning of the battle.

Ultimate Charizard (UC) VS. Jarreddo (Jarreddo)

Bertha (Geodude) VS. Heracross (Heracross)

Bertha: 100%

Heracross: 100%

The attacks are issued.

UC: "Start off by shaking things up with Earthquake, follow that with a Body Slam and Finish with the Megahorn!"

Jarreddo: "Start off with an Earthquake to beat his. Then go ahead and use Fire Punch. Finally, go with Dig."

The two pokemon nodd as they hear their attacks. They wait until the ref drops the white flag signaling the beginning of the round. Once the flag is dropped, both pokemon set to work. Heracross cries out her name as she stomps the ground sending a wave of seismic energy heading straight for Bertha. Not to be outdone, Bertha hops once, sending a wave of seismic energy to counter the previous one. However, both pokemon are sent tumbling due to the shaking earth. Heracross recovers first nd gets ready to attack, but she pauses. Body slam? she thinks as she realizes that she doesn't know how to perform that attack. Bertha, having finally recovered, hops over to heracross and taking advantage of her momentary puzzlement, swings her flaming fist of fire hard into Heracross's back. Shouting inanger and surprise, Heracross whirls around and jabs her horn into the backside of Bertha who is busy digging away. Soon she is underground. Heracross tries to determine where Bertha is but has no success. Bertha, after examining her wounds, prepares to strike, and strike she does. Bertha erupts from the ground directly underneath Heracross sending the bug tumbling backwards.

Bertha: 68% slightly shaken

Heracross: 68%, slightly shaken

Jarreddo attacks first

Then its UC's turn to attack

Jarreddo
18th February 2003, 11:48 PM
All right... Start off with Toxic, followed by another Fire Punch and finally another Earthquake. My normal online Pokedex is busted at the moment, so I'm using another one and I'm not quite sure if it's correct... If Geodude really can't use Toxic, go with Dig instead. If I can do that, anyway...

Ultimate Charizard
19th February 2003, 09:58 AM
hmm lets se now.

Heracross, start off with a Double team and at the risk of getting too tactical use Harden.
Then give the crowd something they will like with Take Down

Oh and dont worry Jarreddo, Geodude does learn Toxic.

The Muffin Man
19th February 2003, 11:14 AM
*pops in*
Actually, Jarreddo, Just about ANYONE can learn Toxic. It's one of those attacks that body-type and type have no control over. Save for the few that don't learn ANY TMs, just about all 251 pokemon learns Toxic.

Wolfsong
21st February 2003, 07:21 AM
I haven't forgotten about this, but i've been busy studying for a map quiz and test for geography. I'll try reffing this this weekend, Sunday by the absolute latest. I apologize for the delay.

Wolfsong
23rd February 2003, 07:13 PM
Round Two

A cool breeze wafts across the field, causing the grass to sway. There is a dull roar echoing throughout the stands as the spectators cheer for whichever pokemon they want to win. The trainers wait for the noise to die down before issuing their attacks for the upcoming rounds. Finally the hullabaloo dies down, at least enough for the trainers to give out their commands.

Ultimate Charizard (UC) VS. Jarreddo (Jarreddo)

Bertha (Geodude) VS. Heracross (Heracross)

Bertha: 68% slightly shaken

Heracross: 68%, slightly shaken

The attacks are issued.

Jarreddo: "All right... Start off with Toxic, followed by another Fire Punch and finally another Earthquake."

UC: "Heracross, start off with a Double team and at the risk of getting too tactical use Harden. Then give the crowd something they will like with Take Down."

The two pokemon nodd as they hear their attacks. The ref is off in her own little world until Ayla squirts her with a water gun. "Nala, get beck to work!" "Huh? Ok, Ok. The ref looks around and sees the crowd getting agitated, and quickly drops the white signaling the beginning of the round. Once the flag is dropped, both pokemon set to work. Heracross smirks before glowing a faint yellow. Then, as if by magic, there are a total of four heracrosses standing around. Bertha mutters something under her breath as a few shouts are heard from the boisterous crowd. She then takes in a deep breath and spits out a gross looking purple goo. It flies towards one of the heracrosses, who just winks and disappears. Heracross and her remaining clones begin to glow white as more angry shouts are heard. Suddenly, gasps are heard. Someone is streaking across the field. The ref and her pokemon cover their eyes as the sounds of a scuffle unfold. Screaming is heard as the offender is dragged out of the stadium. "Err... continue on," the ref replies once it is safe to open her eyes. Clearly annoyed, Bertha hops over to another heracross. Hoping it is the right one, Bertha rears back her flaming fist, and slams it into the heracross. Once more it winks, and fades out of existence. The last two heracross run straight for Bertha. Bertha grins evilly. She has a plan. She hops once and slams into the ground, sending a wave of seismic energy heading straight for heracross. Her last clone fades away as the shaking ground meses up her balance causing heracross to fall. She climbs back to her feet and tries to continue her attack plan, but the moving earth has other ideas....

Bertha: 68% annoyed

Heracross: 58%, shaken, slightly frustrated, no clones left

UC attacks first

Then its Jarreddo's turn to attack

Wolfsong
6th March 2003, 06:12 PM
UC is DQ'ed, + I saw where he said he forfeited all of his battles. Sorry i haven't posted sooner. Been having several tests real close together

Jarreddo
6th March 2003, 10:33 PM
Forfeited, meaning I still get the prizes, right? I believe so anyway.

All right, I shall catch a Scyther. W00t.

And that's... 1¥? Not much, but oh well.