23rd December 2003, 06:52 AM
ok, so i messed around with my old team a bit and here is what i have now:

Charizard@no item
Flamethrower
Slash
Wing attack
Earthquake
--
i was thinking of replacing slash with body slam or Dragonbreath, apart from slash i think this moveset is ok.

Lapras@Leftovers
Psychic
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Surf
--
i replaced body slam with Psychic, i dunn if that was a good choice, but it works ok for me.

Tyranitar@no item
Crunch
Rock Slide
Toxic
Earthquake
--
i'm thinking about getting rid of toxic here, it's never really helped me alot.

Heracross@Exp. Share(he's in training)
Reversal
Counter
Strength
Megahorn
--
this set is kind of iffy, i mainly only use megahorn when i use him, and strength was filler, i thought reversal and counter might come in handy one day.

Dragonite@no item
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Surf
Thunder
--
i guess he's ok.

Meganium@no item
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Body Slam
Synthesis
--
he works ok, unless up against a fire type. i wouldve put earthquake on him but i dont have the TM.

i was thinking of getting rid of one of my team to make space for a miltank or chansey/blissey, what do you think?

so i need some item help, i know alot of you will just say put leftovers on all of them, stupid snorlax.

thanks for any help.

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd December 2003, 09:46 AM
Charizard-Replace Wing Attack with Rock Slide, and go with Swords Dance or Belly Drum instead of Slash.

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance/Belly Drum
@Leftovers.

Lapras-Not bad, but Body Slam wouldn't be a bad replacement for either Confuse Ray or Psychic. Actually, you could be replace Confuse Ray and Psychic with the Sleep Talk/Rest combo, that works pretty good on Lapras.

Lapras

Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic/Sleep Talk(w/Rest)
Confuse Ray/Rest(w/Sleep Talk)
@Leftovers.

Tyranitar-Good, just go with Flamethrower over Toxic.

Heracross-Heracross also makes good use of the Sleep Talk/Rest combo.

Heracross

Earthquake
Megahorn
Sleep Talk
Rest
@Leftovers.

Dragonite has a great attack stat, so you will want to make sure that all of his moves are not Special Attacks, get at least one move in there that runs off of it's attack. Also, considering that Thunder only has 70% accuracy, Thunderbolt is a better choice IMO.

Dragonite

Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Wing Attack/Double-Edge
@Leftovers.

Meganium-Don't worry about not having Earthquake for Meganium. Also, Sunny Day/Solarbeam is a little too dangerous to use IMO. Sunny Day powers up fire type attacks, which Meganium is already weak too.

Meganium

Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Light Screen
Synthesis
@Leftovers.

Overall: Your team has a 3x weakness to Rock types (Charizard, Lapras, and Dragonite.)

And yes, I think that Leftovers would be the best attachment for all of your Pokémon.

If you want a Blissey/Miltank in your team, then Lapras would probably be the best choice in your team to replace. That way, you would be getting rid of the 3x Rock weakness too. If you replace Lapras, then go ahead and put Surf on Tyranitar instead of Flamethrower, so you will still have a Water type attack. Your Dragonite has Ice Beam, so your team would still have an Ice type attack. Anyways, here are some Blissey/Miltank movesets.

Blissey

Ice Beam
Light Screen
Heal Bell
Softboiled
@Leftovers.

Miltank

Body Slam
Curse
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
@Leftovers.

Poryhedron
24th December 2003, 02:25 AM
If you're playing in-game and can't/don't want to try the pokémon/item duplication trick, then clearly you can't get enough Leftovers for everybody. Still, there's only one kind of pokémon who should ever be without an item, and that's a Thief. Attack-boosters and Berries may not be as good as Leftovers, but they're better than nothing. See my post in Shidorah's topic, Bah.. rate my team? for a list of all of the attack-boosting items and where to find them; there's one for every type, and you can even get more than one of a few of them. Too bad there are no Gold Berry or MiracleBerry trees...they'd be nice to be able to collect in large numbers.

Green_Pikachu
25th December 2003, 06:30 PM
Charizard@no item
Flamethrower
Slash
Wing attack
Earthquake

zard would be better with sdance over slash. slash isn't as cool as it was in rby. no more insane ch rate. Charizard is pretty cool in the gsc metagame. can stop heracross dead in his tracks, and waste skarmory, two very often-seen pokemon.

Lapras@Leftovers
Psychic
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Surf

body slam would probably be better. the chance of paracon (paralyzation + confusion) is just something that can't be passed up. lapras is cool though. extra bonus points for using lapras.

Tyranitar@no item
Crunch
Rock Slide
Toxic
Earthquake

toxic is a waste on him. go with another special attack. fire blast, ice beam, thunderbolt, surf even. all effective.

Heracross@Exp. Share(he's in training)
Reversal
Counter
Strength
Megahorn

is this in-game or something? strength? :( anyway....reversal is no good without endure, and having endure/reversal AND counter is kind of conflicting. you're mixing and matching here, and it is not looking good.

Dragonite@no item
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Surf
Thunder

aw man. do me a favor. look at dragonite's max attack at level 100. see that number? now look at your set. Do you see any moves that run off that attack? Big mistake. Get at LEAST one physical move on there, preferable two. T-Wave is fine. Dump 2 of the special attacks for Wing Attack and Body Slam/Dynamic Punch/whatever.

Meganium@no item
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Body Slam
Synthesis

meeeeehhhhhhh. it's ok, i guess.

don't ruin this team by putting a heal beller on it. this has potential. just needs a little work.

a little weak to electricity. you COULD use a ground pokemon. preferably nidoking/steelix/sandslash/marowak/rhydon. probably the 5 best gsc ground pokemon right there. please forgive me if i forgot someone obvious, as it is 3:20 in the morning where i am. this team looks cool though. i really do like it. work on the attachments tho. i think it was in the other kid's team i rated, i said something about if you're unsure what attachment to give, put leftovers on them. anyway, please excuse me, im exhausted. :( time to go to bed.....