PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Meganium and Arcanine movesets

GirlRepellant
23rd December 2003, 02:02 PM
I'm having some trouble with these, so could you help?

Meganium: Razor Leaf, Stun Spore, Body Slam, Synthesis?
Aranine: Extreme Speed, Flamethrower, ???, ???

Thanks in advance. Also, any tips on what to throw in for the rest of my team would help. I'm thinking maybe Lapras, Alakazam, Gengar, Ampharos. Or something. Whatever. Thanks in advance!

bme
23rd December 2003, 05:24 PM
Meganium:
~Counter/Synthesis
~Leech Seed
~Lightscreen
~Razor Leaf

I can't remember which pkmn you need to get Counter on it, but it's fun to catch people unfamiliar with it off guard. Lightscreen is psuedo support, and Synthesis could be more useful than Counter.

Arcanine:
~Attract/Substitute
~Body Slam
~Fire Blast
~Sunny Day
I wouldn't recommend Extreme Speed. Attacking first is great, but it could help out the team more to paralyze. But hey, it could work over Body Slam. :)

For the rest of the team, it's good to have a something that can Roar/Whirlwind to stop set up Pkmn. A Curser is another option, and a Heal Beller maybe. Also you'll need types that can switch in to take attacks. A Blastoise could cover for Meganium and Arcanine. Donphan or Sandslash for Electric/Rock types, and Blissey/Snorlax are good walls for special attackers. Alakazam is good for sweeping. Ampharos is ok, but you don't want too much Ground weakness.

Blastoise:
~Counter/Fissure
~Haze/Roar/Sleep Talk
~Rest
~Surf
@Mint Berry/Mystery Berry

A fav of mine. Some may expect Mirror Coat, and also Blastoise has good defense, so an unsuspecting Machamp or Heracross could end up KO'd. Haze or Roar. Hmm. Roar is better for Perish Trappers, were Haze is better for utility. Fissure is cheap/risky, but good against some walls like Suicune.

Sandslash:
~Body Slam/Counter
~Earthquake
~Swords Dance
~Rock Slide

I like Counter too much. ^^; It's good against those using Hidden Power Ice/Water/Grass. It can be pretty hard to stop if it gets going with 1 Swords Dance.

Snorlax:
~Double Edge/Shadow Ball
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast
~Self Destruct
@Quick Claw

My favorite lax! It's meant to lead off and take on variaties of opponents and explode.

Alakazam:
~Encore
~Psychic
~Recover
~Thief/Thunderwave

Tghost's Ala, yay. Thief is good against Marowak with Thick Club, or Thunderwave to nail a Pkmn that's switched in as a result of Encore. Reflect might be needed if you want to fend off physical attacks. Btw, you could use breed on Barrier and have it and Counter over Encore and Thunderwave. Too much of a theme, but Counter is less suspected than a Fire Punch.

It doesn't have any Ground immunity, but Meganium is good enough. I didn't want to suggest Zapdos or Skarmory anyway.:rolleyes: