PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Bite or Shadow Ball?

Caz129
23rd December 2003, 04:07 PM
Ok, here's the situation... I am going to battle my friend via link cable soon, and my team has a slight problem dealing with Psychics. I am afraid of Alakazam and Espeon mostly. Should my Espeon (the best at dealing w/ them) know Bite or Shadow Ball? Shadow Ball is a lot more powerful, but Bite feeds from Eseopn's Special Attack... choices :(

GirlRepellant
23rd December 2003, 04:29 PM
You can decide easily... with simple math. 60 (for bite) times his special attack, and 80 (for shadow ball) times attack. Whichever's higher. Simple enough?

GoldDraconian
23rd December 2003, 06:47 PM
Other Psychics generally have poorer Defense than Special Defense. Bite is the usual move anyway.

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd December 2003, 08:47 PM
Definitely go with Bite. Bite only has a base power of 60, but it is running off of an excellent 358 max Special Attack stat. Plus, Bite has a 30% chance of making the opponent flinch. Meanwhile, Shadow Ball has a base power of 80, with a 20% chance of lowering Special Defense, but that is coming off of a poor 228 max Attack stat.

SupremeChampion
24th December 2003, 07:53 AM
i would go with bite. it would be a waste not to take advantage of all the sp. attack.

~The Italian Stallion

Caz129
25th December 2003, 01:48 PM
Gracias amigos... I opened up a can of wh00p you-know-what on him, he had a Hypno (wtf?) and Bite worked great. Thanks again!