PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Colosseum info from Nintendo Power

Pewter City Geodude
23rd December 2003, 05:02 PM
Just got my issue of Nintendo Power today. (BTW if you have it, turn to page 28. The last caption line was sent in by me! That's the second time I've had one of those published.) Anyway, not sure if it's been revealed already, but it says the release date is March 22. And the trainer's ability, called Snatch in the Japanese version, has been dubbed as Snag.

Skyelugia
23rd December 2003, 06:29 PM
Wow, you're lucky! I haven't received my issue yet. Anyway, if you go to Nintendo.com, you find out about a special pre-order for the game beginning February 9, which includes yet another bonus disc. For those of you waiting, get Pokemon Channel. It only has 101 Pokemon in it, but trying to find them all is challenging. I still haven't found Blaziken or Teddiursa yet, but I know they are in there. I would love to see all 386 Pokemon in Colloseum. I haven't played the GB games in a while though, because I am waiting for the rereleases.

Pewter City Geodude
23rd December 2003, 06:45 PM
Yep I knew about that. The bonus disk includes a Jirachi that you can download to R/S. :D

Skyelugia
23rd December 2003, 06:49 PM
That's the special thing I couldn't remember! I still believe that Gold and Silver were passed over. Look at everything given to the first set (Red/Blue) and the third set (Ruby/Sapphire). I was able to get Mew from a wide spread tour in 2000, and now Jirachi will be easy to get, but I never could get Celebi. Snap was made for Red/Blue, and Channel was made for Ruby/Sapphire, but none was made for Gold/Silver. A Pinball game was also not made for Gold/Silver, but for all the other games. What is with this? You can't even access most of the Gold/Silver Pokemon in a normal Ruby/Sapphire game pack, and they have no announcements for a rerelease for those games! Something is seriously wrong with this plan.

Pewter City Geodude
23rd December 2003, 07:23 PM
Nothing wrong at all. You can get the G/S/C Pokes in the RPG mode of Colosseum.

Chris 2.1
26th December 2003, 10:26 AM
......and RBY pokes in Fire Red/Leaf Green. This Jirachii thing rocks, good job, Nintendo!

The Muffin Man
27th December 2003, 05:13 AM
You can get many/all of the GSC pokemon in the RPG mode.

All the Pokemon I believe are Rentals.

Alot of RBY Pokemon are also catchable in the RPG mode.

Looks good. I'll probably preorder it.

Powarun
3rd January 2004, 10:35 PM
That stinks, Snatch is so much cooler than Snag. I will be preordering it. Thank you for the information and good job with your name in the mag.

Skyelugia
4th January 2004, 09:47 AM
The reason they changed it is to not get confused with the Pokemon ability "Snatch". Still, I hope the game play is long (at least 10-15 hours).

Pewter City Geodude
4th January 2004, 09:55 AM
Serebii from Serebii.net said it was 30 with minimal training, making it just like most other RPGs.

Jay
6th January 2004, 10:57 AM
Yeah, this has something I've always been looking forward to, just because I am able to capture the rest of the GSC pokemon. I find it wrong how you need to purchase so much merchandise to get every single pokemon... Meh.

Hmm, I'm not in too much excitement over it though. I might order it a while after it's officially released. I have heaps of other games I haven't played yet, so it'll just keep me too occupied.

*shrug*

Pewter City Geodude
6th January 2004, 01:53 PM
Of course, the old Pokes aren't the only reason to buy that other merchandise....there's the whole RPG mode and Colosseum mode in Colosseum, plus being able to play through the old games again and quite possibly do it with some R/S Pokes...

Spinarak-Man
6th January 2004, 04:37 PM
Anyone notice that they're accepting teams for the Pokecenter now for Ruby and Sapphire. I just laughed when I saw that. There's gonna be some sad teams shown there if it's anything like some of the GSC teams before.

TheParadox
7th January 2004, 10:33 AM
Isnt the point of leaf/fire versions to be able to catch them all if you have colleseum and R/S so the leaf/fire would have most gold/silver pokemon

Poryhedron
7th January 2004, 11:40 AM
What makes you think that? Isn't it pretty much common knowledge by now that you'll be able to get a lot of the GSC species in an RPG mode within Colloseum?

SWAMPERT1
7th January 2004, 03:11 PM
The RPG on P_C will be great if your a collector of pokemon or a RPG fan like myself. It will me a nice change for once. Does anyone agree?