PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Megan-storm! Get Over Here Now!!!

Silver Ledian
24th December 2003, 10:45 AM
Hey there.

From boxing day (26th December), I'll be changing my AIM name again to mimo2k4 and my MSN to mimo2k4 also, which has inspired me to do these couple of name-related polls:

[1] Do you like your real name? Would you change it?
[2] If you had to change your TPM name, what would you change it to? Why to that name?
[3] Do you change screennames often? If so, why?
[4] If you had a son and a daughter, what would you name each of them?
[5] Which person in your family has the strangest name? What is it?
[6] Which TPMers names (screennames or usernames or real names) do you think are pretty cool?

---> ME:

1. Yeah, I like it - Eamon. Not many people outside my country would be called that, I like my Irish name ^^

2. Probably to what I'm known as on non-pokémon boards, Mimo. It's what my parents call me sometimes in the house, just for a laugh but it's kinda stuck so they'll occasionally refer to me as 'Mimo' - rhyming with Nemo, as in 'Finding Nemo'.

3. Yes, very often. I get bored quickly with screennames as all the ummmmers will know.

4. I'm not too sure, it would probably be Irish though. For my daughter, maybe Fionnula (pronounced fin-oola) and for my son, I dunno for him... ^^;

5. My mum's name is Angeline but that's the strangest it would get - shortened to 'Angie' though.

6. I was saying to Zak, I think it was, the other day, that I liked 'nakitsuranihachi'. I just love sayin' it...kurai's AIM name I think it is.

Soneko
24th December 2003, 10:57 AM
[2] If you had to change your TPM name, what would you change it to? Why to that name?
[6] Which TPMers names (screennames or usernames or real names) do you think are pretty cool?

-*-*-

1. No, I really really hate it. I'd certainly change it.
2. Death. Heh, cause its a cool name.
3. No. I used to change MSN sn's alot, but I stopped a while ago..
4. Uh, I'd give them temporary names till they reach age 10-12, and then they'd chose they're own name.
5. Uhm... well, they're all hebrew names. O_o But I guess my brother, who has a weird name even in hebrew... Adin. Its cute though.
6. I like the name Cheesey. But it'd be better as Cheese. O_o

Nuriko
24th December 2003, 11:09 AM

1. My real name is Allyson, which I hate, but I don't mind being called Ally, which is what everyone IRL calls me anyway. x_x; I like the spelling of my name though, as opposed to say, Alison. I'd kill someone if my name was spelled like that. ^^;; Nah, I wouldn't change it.

2. Yukari, because that's what I go by on the tpm oekaki. Either that or Arctic Fox.

3. On msn, yes... I usually just have it set to Chika, though.

4. Hmm... Kyle and Erika... I really like those names for some reason. ^^; Not too original, but ah well.

5. My mom's name is Hennie... she's Dutch.

6. I like Shidorah's real name, as much as she hates it... a lot of TPMers have cool screennames. ^_^;

Royal_Goddess_Tina
24th December 2003, 01:00 PM
-Yes, I like my real name... No, I wouldn't change it...

-I would change it to Royal_Goddess_Tina1988... lol... Because I like it how it is so I would only add the year I was born...

-nope...

- Daughter: Katherine Elizabeth Jane Son: Christopher Moawia... I would probably change my mind if I really had kidz though...

-Well, my dad's middle name is a little strange... It's "Onni" which means "lucky" in finn...

-Hmmmmmmmmmmm......... I don't know.... :wave:

Cheesey
24th December 2003, 01:01 PM
My name's Chris, and I like it. It's kinda common though, and if I did change it I'd change it to Xander or something because I like that name. O_o

Cheese. That's what I originally wanted to register under, but it was already taken so I added a y and look what happened. o.o

No. I changed my AIM screename from EgroegSirhc to Kuro Denryuu fairly recently but thats because I had the previous name for over a year and was getting sick of 'CHRIS GEORGE!!1' all the time.

Um. Daniel and Stephanie? o_o

Olivia... She's my little cousin. It's not that strange but it's the strangest I know.

I like Hexae, Lady Vulpix, Crystal Tears and Shidorah. O_o

Originally posted by Shidorah

6. I like the name Cheesey. But it'd be better as Cheese. O_o

^_^ Someone actually likes my name! What an acheivement. But, um, yeah, look at my answer for 2. XD

Lightning
24th December 2003, 01:25 PM
My real name is Erica and I love it. I would never change it. XD Its meaning is, "ever powerful, ever ruler". Sweet. XD
I'd probably change it to L-chan or something similar... o_O; L, for Lightning, and then the suffix -chan because I like it. XD If not that, then Kha, because I like that. o_O;;
No, I don't. I've stuck with Lightning for over 2 years. o_o Sometimes I'll have some weird sort of idea and I'll sign up at a forum with something else... but that happens only rarely.
Cameran for the boy. I love that name to pieces. XD I like the name Kayleigh or
No one in my family really has a strange name. I think my dad's dad's name was Ewert or something. (Rhymes with Stewart) o_O;
[6] Which TPMers names (screennames or usernames or real names) do you think are pretty cool?[/b]
o_o; I don't know. I can't think of any at the moment. Sometimes I'll find a name and think, that's the coolest! And the next day I'll wonder if I was on drugs for liking the username. o_o;

mistysakura
24th December 2003, 10:52 PM
I like the name Ada, so I wouldn't change it. Besides,. too much confusion.
Ada~mistysakura. I like my name as it is!
No, I've had mistysakura for ages. My MSN screen name changes sometimes, though... but I just add stuff onto the end.
This is a hard question, since I like so many names. Probably Jeff for a boy, and Kristin Fiona for a girl. (Yeah, I had to have a middle name. Too many nice names.)
No one, really. Except we've all got Chinese names, and when they get translated phonetically into English, they all come out a little weird. eg. My uncle's first name is Fat, which means "wealthy" in Chinese...
[6] Which TPMers names (screennames or usernames or real names) do you think are pretty cool?[/b]
I like Yukitsukai (sounds good) and Cheesey. Fun.

Angel Blossom
25th December 2003, 07:18 AM
Hey Eamon! ^^

1) I guess my name is alright. Maybe it it were just plain "Kris" I would love it more, but Kristina has an ugly ring to it. Oh well, I guess it's a lot better than having the name "Grotchen" or something odd like that. Oh, and even if I had the chance to, I wouldn't want to change my name to something else.

2) I'd like mine to be "Kris", but that's taken already. ;_;

3) Not really. I lack of creative screen name ideas, most of you may have noticed that by now. Besides, I kind of like to stick to my AIM screen name, "firerose1146" instead of changing it all of the time. I'm a firey rose, mwuahaha. >D

4) Daughter: Kirsten [or] Julie.
Son: Luke [or] Alexander.

5) My uncle is named Gonzalo. Keke, Gonzo. XD

6) Zak. 8-) Man, you gotta admit, it even made YOUR socks explode.

titandude21
25th December 2003, 11:46 AM

1. it's fine w/ me, and it's also my AIM sn

2. If I wanted to change, i'd change to Snorlaxative... a cross between "snorlax" and "laxative"

3. titandude21 is my main SN, feb14reject on valentine's day... i don't really like switching back and forth that much

4. uh...

5. no one really has any strange english names. our whole family has strange chinese names tat i have no clue what it means

6. there are a few...

pokemasterfrank
25th December 2003, 12:40 PM
I guess I like my real name o_O I don't hate it, and I probably wouldn't change it...I wouldn't know what to change it to.

TheCow :O I use that name when I play multiplayer Halo and I have this strange obsession with cows o_O

I never change screennames, I make more :O CLONES OF DHOOM MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have no idea...I'd probably let my wife decide o_O

Dunno o_O

*shrugs*

nightcrow
26th December 2003, 01:07 AM
1. My real name, Ashley, isn't too bad.. it's just insanely common these days. I really would like to have it changed to Ashlea, as that's how my parents originally had it spelled, but changed it at the last moment because people kept either saying "Ash-lee-ah" or spelling it Ashley.

2. Probably to Raven. I like that name. ^^;

3. No, I don't change mine particularly often. Maybe once a year.

4. I like the name Lena for a girl.. and Sage for a boy.

5. Mine originally was the strangest name, since I was born in England, and back then it was a boys name. Everyone thought my mum was insane. ^^; However, my mum's name is kinda "strange" as well. It's Stella. Not exactly common.

6. I really like the name Maaian.. that's really cool.

Craig
26th December 2003, 10:15 AM

Its not the best, Craig.. Symmons (diff spelling though, you stalker.. :P) it kinda annoys me that sometimes clueless people ask me "hrhr are you related to richard simmons" but I wouldn't change it... if I did change it, it would to disclude my 2nd middle name.. Charles, plus having 2 middle names is not cool.

Although, I always thought it would be cool if my name was Alexei .. XD

I would change it to Ankh because thats basically what I use everywhere else, if I was in the matrix, I would be Ankh 8) Infact I might change it soon.. to this

nah

I have no idea:| It would be cool names like Link, or Silver, (not those ones specifically) not boring ones like "Joe" :D

My deceased grand uncle had the name Napoleon 8)

Cheesey, Crystal Tears, Yukitsukai *spends half an hour just saying yukitsukai*

EmpressMyuu
26th December 2003, 05:02 PM
1. The name Alisha rocks. It's Greek meaning is "truthful and noble" :D. There's a lot of famous singers with the name, though it's usually "Alicia". I hate when people keep misspelling my name as Alicia! However, if I could change my name, these are some of my choices:

Ariana, Bree, Carmen (or Cassidy, Catherine, Celeste, Chantal, Cleo...I like the letter C a little too much :P), Daria (or Dawn, Devon, Devyn (alt. spelling), Eden (or Elizabeth, Emma, Erika, Esther), Faith (or Faye, Felicity, Frances), Gwyneth, Hazel, Iris, Jasmyne (pronounced same as Jasmine. Or Jamie, Jordan, Jessie, Jade, Julia), Kari (or Kendra, Kimi, Kitty), Laura (Laurel, Lauren, Lili, Lydia), Maggie (Mariah, May, Molly), Nevaeh (heaven backwards), Olivia, Paige, Quiana, Rose, Sabrina (Saffron, Sadie, Serenity, Skye, Starrie, Sylvia), Tara (Tempestt, Trinity, Trista), Ursula, Valerie (Vivien), Winter, Xena, Yoshiko, Zaria (Zoe)

Let's just say I'd have an open mind about what I'd change my name to. I'd been wanting to do it a lot as a kid but I love my name now. If I changed it today, I'd probably only modify my name a little to be...Alice :D.

2. Nope, don't plan on changing my username anytime soon. If I did, I'd probably just change it to GoddessMyuu. Or maybe Saital, which is Latias backwards.

3. Nope.

4. For the daughter: Jasmyne
For the son: Chase

But my kids are probably going to be adopted, so there probably won't be any name changes.

5. No strange names, but I have a cousin with two middle names.

6. Cheesey's pretty catchy :P

Leon-IH
26th December 2003, 09:22 PM
Do you like your real name? Would you change it?

If you had to change your TPM name, what would you change it to? Why to that name?

Do you change screennames often? If so, why?

If you had a son and a daughter, what would you name each of them?

Which person in your family has the strangest name? What is it?

Which TPMers names (screennames or usernames or real names) do you think are pretty cool?

----------------------------
My Real name is Alexander "Sandman" or something like that, i like it, i stick with it, i wouldnt change it.. it means helper of men in greek and it sounds good.

err i'd change it to HowardTheArmadillo (he's my satanic avatar that i don't have on here)

i almost never change sn's except on warcraft ^^

Son - Hector, Alistair or Ulrich
Daughter - Sarah or Louise

in my family the strangest name would have to be either
Valma(grandma), Alistair(Step-Grandpa) or Roy(Grandpa).. after them im probably the next strangest except maybe Kay.

I think MY real name and sn are the best :P, Alisha is a good name for a female so besides mine thats the best :)

by the way Dashira, Raven is a shortening of Raymond most of the time..

The Muffin Man
27th December 2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Silver Ledian
[color=crimson]Hey there.

From boxing day (26th December), I'll be changing my AIM name again to [b]mimo2k4 and my MSN to mimo2k4 also, which has inspired me to do these couple of name-related polls:

~Yeah I guess. It's common but I like it.
~Pee Emm Emm Too(PMM2, from my old username), but I like Tee Emm Emm now for my new name(TMM)
~Not really o_O;; I've had my current AIM name for a loong time.
~Stinky and Charles. For a boy and girl respectively. Yes. A girl named Charles. Or Spot.
~me. Sisters - Stephanie, Bethany...Michael XD
~Dashira, Yukitsukai(sp? x.o), Craig(XD so simple), Pants.

;_; No one likes The Muffin Man?

Yukitsukai
28th December 2003, 10:50 AM
Wee, people like my name ^.^! *lurved*

1. Do you like your real name? Would you change it?
2. If you had to change your TPM name, what would you change it to? Why to that name?
3. Do you change screennames often? If so, why?
4. If you had a son and a daughter, what would you name each of them?
5. Which person in your family has the strangest name? What is it?
6. Which TPMers names (screennames or usernames or real names) do you think are pretty cool?

1. No, it's icky. I want to change it to Celeste, or maybe Faith o.O

2. I wouldn't change it ;-;! *hugs Yukitsukai* And for the totally clueless, Yukitsukai is Japanese for snow fairy :B

3. No, I love my TPM name ;-;

4. Son = Alex, daughter = Charity

5. My cousin is named Jordan, but we call her Jordie o.O

6. Mine :B </stuckup>

mr_pikachu
9th January 2004, 12:49 PM

1. Yeah, I think it's great. Anything else just wouldn't feel right.
2. Mr. Pikachu. If I had known we could use periods, capitals & spaces when I registered, that's what it would be right now. But now, this feels right. It's too perfect to change. :D
3. Never.
4. Ash and Misty. lol, j/k. Uhhh... I dunno, really.
5. It's my mom, and I'd rather not say. It's real "out there".
6. Citrus Crush Chikorita (awesome idea!), Mist, dratinihaunter13, Cheesey... and of course, mr_pikachu! ;)

*is still thinking about the names Ash and Misty*