PDA

View Full Version : Dragon_Claw's X-mas story

Dragon_Claw
24th December 2003, 10:49 PM
I thought in the spirit of Christmas I'll write a Christmas short story. However, my fic ofcourse won't quit. This story is just a few chapters, and I hope to finish is before the end of Christmas. They're kinda short chapters, but hey, it's a short story.

Chapter one – Road Trip!

“Guys, I’m sorry to say this, but I’m not going to be home for Christmas.” Zipp’s dad confessed.

“You’re…not gonna be here? And you tell us this now?” Zipp’s mom asked shocked.

“You know I have a hard job, and somebody has got to do it!” He said in his defence.

“But miss Christmas? Have you lost your mind?!” Zipp’s mom asked again, looking furious at her husband.

“I’m sorry, but I’ll get fired if I don’t go. I don’t have a choice, really I don’t!” His dad said, now angrier.

Zipp sat on the couch, listening his parents arguing. Tears formed in his eyes. “Not home for Christmas? What kind of dad was he?”

“Fine, Zipp and I will have a nice Christmas together. So go, and don’t worry about us!” His mom replied.

“Don’t be like that. I have to go on a trip for work, alone, and I’m not able to be with my family for Christmas. I could use your support right now!” His dad yelled.

“You think everything is all about you, don’t you? Let me tell you, you’re not the most important one in the world you know?” His mother yelled back, tears forming in her eyes.

“Why can’t you be more calm about it, my mother didn’t erupt like you’re doing?” His dad asked, now speaking less loud.

”What?! You told your mother before you even told your own wife and son?” His mother was more angry then before.

“Well, maybe if…” His dad begun, but he got interrupted by Zipp.

“Do I have anything to say about it?! You care more about your work then about your family dad! You suck, I hope you have a crappy Christmas!” Zipp yelled, before storming up the stairs to his room.

“But Zipp, I didn’t mean to…” His father tried explaining. But Zipp’s mother put her hand on his shoulder.

“Let him rage, I’ll help you pack your suitcases.” She said in a now sweet voice.

Zipp sat down on his bed, staring at the wall. “It’s not fair, he’s such a jerk sometimes.” Zipp mumbled.

Matt, better known to his friends as Zipp, was now at the age of 13. His dad worked at a transport company, where he had to transport packages by boat. His mom was a nurse in a hospital. From when Zipp was little, they had celebrated Christmas together. And since he never had a brother or sister to play with, and his parents where always busy, he had gotten something else instead. On last year’s Christmas, he received a Pokémon egg. After a while it hatched, and a small Lickitung appeared. And from that day on, Christmas was even more special to Zipp then it had ever been.

“Lickitung, where are you? Are you hiding again?” Zipp asked randomly. He started searching in his closet, and underneath his bed, and then he looked around in his whole room. But Lickitung was nowhere to be found.

“Let me get this straight, you’re going to the North-Pole on Christmas eve. How ironic.” Zipp’s mother said.

“I know, and I’ll tell Santa you said hello when I see him.” His father said smirking.

“Well, I’ll see you after Christmas. But be sure to call me, okay honey?” his mother asked.

His father gave her a kiss. “Right away.” He replied. He then picked up his bags.

“Oh hold on, don’t forget to say goodbye to Matt.” His mother said.

His dad laughed. “Remember, he’s in the Zipp face now.” Zipp’s mom laughed with him. “I’ll see you after Christmas ‘Zipp’. I’ll call you when I get there.”

His dad waited, but he got no response. “Don’t worry, he won’t even remember it by the time you call him.” His mom said, trying to comfort him.

“I certainly hope so.” His dad said, while he walked out the door.

Zipp stood outside. He looked around, expecting to see Lickitung licking something. That was Lickitung’s bad habit, always sticking his tongue in places where they didn’t belong. He then saw a rather familiar face threw the window in the trunk of his dad’s car.

Zipp walked over to his dad’s car, and opened the door. He climbed in, and sat down next to Lickitung.

“Dad’s going away for Christmas Lickitung.” Zipp said to his pink friend. Lickitung looked sad. “I know, but he’ll be back.”

Then all of a sudden, the trunk door got shut. Zipp was thrown against Lickitung, and their heads collided, knocking them both out.

A while later, Zipp woke up. He heard some guy yelling: “Everybody boarded! Happy X-mas!” Zipp looked around confused. “Huh? What’s this about?” He thought to himself.
Zipp stuck his head up from behind the back seat. “So what’s for dinner?” He asked.

mistysakura
24th December 2003, 11:17 PM
I'm confused about the last bit. How on earth did Zipp end up in the back seat if he got shut in the trunk? Besides, why did he climb in? And there wasn't anyone in the trunk, was there? Or Zipp would have seen him/her...
Anyway, christmas specials are cool.

Dragon_Claw
24th December 2003, 11:21 PM
Zipp didn't end up in the back seat. Behind the back seat is the trunk, in those older model cars they're not covered.

He climbed in because his Lickitung was sitting there, and he was looking for some comfort.

Only Lickitung was in the trunk, and then Zipp climbed in with him.

Anyway, I'm working on the next chapter right now, and I'll post it right away when it gets finished.

Dragon_Claw
24th December 2003, 11:44 PM
Chapter Two – T

“Matt…uh…Zipp? What are you doing here?!” Zipp’s dad yelled in frustration.

“I was looking for Lickitung, and he was hiding in your car. I got in, and you slammed the door closed, appearently knocking us out. And here we are I guess.” Zipp explained, and Lickitung nodded.

“I hope you can buy warm clothes, because you’re heading to the North-Pole!” His dad yelled.

“What?! Why aren’t you taking me home?!” Zipp angrily yelled.

“Maybe, because we’re on a boat!” his dad yelled. “But we need to stay calm, I’ll get my mobile and call your mom.” his dad said calmly. But when he grabbed his phone, to his horror you could see that his battery was out of energy.

“Okay, so maybe we should call your mom when we get there. We don’t want her worrying, do we?” his dad asked.

“No, I suppose you’re right.” Zipp agreed.

“Matt? I can call you Matt right?” Zipp’s mom asked, yelling in the direction of his room. “I know you’re angry, but think what your father is going threw. Now let’s open the presents!” his mom continued saying. But she got no response.

She walked up the stairs, into his room. But to her horror, she saw nothing but his junk in his room. She passed out…

“We’re here.” Zipp’s dad said, waking him and Lickitung up.

“It’s cold; can we get some warmer clothes?” Zipp asked his dad.

“Parker, my boss, went with us, and his son went with him. His mom died. But his son is about your age. I think they have some clothes for you. I’ll go them the clothes.” His dad said.

“Dad, can you check if they have anything for Lickitung. It’s a normal type, so he doesn’t have any good protection against the cold.” Zipp asked. His dad nodded, and then walked away.

“We’re gonna go explore when we get dressed warmer, huh Lickitung. Let’s go find Santa.” Zipp said, laughing. Lickitung laughed with him.

After five minutes or so, Zipp’s dad returned with some clothes and a boy next to him. Zipp’s dad gave Zipp and Lickitung their clothes, which they put on. “Why don’t you get to know eachother, okay boys? We’re going to unpack the stuff.

“So, this is your Lickitung?” The boy said.

“Yeah. Do you have any Pokémon?” Zipp asked.

“I sure do.” The boy said. He grabbed his Pokéball, and pressed the button. A Raticate wrapped in warm clothes appeared. Raticate started sniffing Lickitung, and Lickitung started licking Raticate. Both the boys laughed.

“By the way, I’m Ryan.” The boy said. He held his hand forward.

“I’m Zipp.” Zipp said, shaking his hand.

“So, wanna go explore?” Ryan asked. Zipp nodded, and the two boys and the two Pokémon started walking.

Zipp’s dad dialed his home number. The phone rang a couple of times, but then there was somebody on the other line.

“Hello?” A faint voice was heard.

“Honey?” Zipp’s dad asked.

“Is that you? I’m so glad to speak to you. I can’t find Matt anywhere.” Zipp’s mother said.

“No, I’m afraid he’s here.” His dad spoke.

“What?! With you?! So I have to spend Christmas alone?” She asked. It sounded like she was going to have a nervous breakdown.

“Go to your or my parents, we’ll celebrate Christmas another day.” He said.

“Okay, I guess. Love you both.” She said, before hanging up.

“That Zipp…” His dad said to himself.

“Dude, where are we?” Zipp asked Ryan.

“How should I know, I never been here before.” Ryan said frustrated.

They both carried their Pokémon, they couldn’t handle the cold as well as they did.

“Let’s find some shelter.” Ryan said.

Zipp was about to agree, but then he saw some…was it true? Yeah, he saw some lights. Zipp rubbed his eyes in disbelief, and he pointed towards the lights.

Ryan looked at the lights. Slowly, he said: “Is it me, or do those lights say ‘X-Mas?”

“That’s what I thought.” Zipp answered.

They ran at the house, and opened the door. Hundreds of Machops where busy packing Christmas gifts. And they could see one Delibird, in clothes which where too obvious.

“Ryan and Matt, I do believe.” The Delibird said with a big smile on his face.

“How do you…” Ryan stuttered.

“I do believe that that’s pretty obvious.” He said laughing.

“I don’t…” Ryan continued.

“Believe this? No, no, you always had little to no imagination.” The Delibird spoke.

The entire room became quiet, nothing was heard, at least almost nothing. Nothing but the sound of two boy bodies passing out and hitting the floor.

mistysakura
25th December 2003, 07:25 PM
Delibird Santa! Fun! I thin that it was about time for someone to explore that possibility. It would be nice to have more description in it, though; the people seem pretty emotionless right now. Anyway, this fic is original...