PDA

View Full Version : Torkoal/Steelix epi preview.

Zak
25th December 2003, 06:40 PM
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/main.html

The bad news: We have to wait two weeks for this one.

The good news: This episode looks GOOD!

It may or may not be a filler. It looks like they're going into this "Steel valley", and meeting wild Pokemon... and usually when they go to a place NOT in the game full of Wild Pokemon and no character of the day, a capture usually occurs.

Anyways, it looks like Torkoal and Steelix are pulling a Zangoose/Seviper, or a Groudon/Kyogre. Not sure if they'll be captured... they'll probably be united or some shiz like that. But looking at Skarmory and Magneton, think someone might capture one of them? Magneton seems pretty possible... unless Ash decides to pull a Golem, ala Hour of the Houndour. Meh, that was Johto... this is Hoenn! So... we'll see!

~Zak

Animelee
25th December 2003, 08:37 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

See how Ash and Torkoal are working together to stop the seemingly menace Steelix?! Remember how Ash and Heracross worked together before Heracross decided he wanted to join Ash?!?!?!?!?!?!

DEJA VU! YES!

I, personally, am willing to bet that Torkoal will want to join Ash! :D

Oh please, great writers, grant us our wish!

Zak
25th December 2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

See how Ash and Torkoal are working together to stop the seemingly menace Steelix?! Remember how Ash and Heracross worked together before Heracross decided he wanted to join Ash?!?!?!?!?!?!

DEJA VU! YES!

I, personally, am willing to bet that Torkoal will want to join Ash! :D

Oh please, great writers, grant us our wish!

Alright, now for the unsolved mysteries:

1) Well, you think that after defeating Steelix, they'd just leave it there? Unless it's the ruler of that place, which it probably is, there's probably gonna be a reason against someone in it... it's probably the leader of the Steel Valley or something.

2) Also, how did Torkoal get there? It's no Steel type.... did it stumble there? Did a trainer abandon it? We'll see...

3) Magneton and Skarmory. What is THEIR role in this? It's clear we see Magneton fainted, but I don't believe it has a trainer..... nor do I believe we meet ANY trainers in this one. So why not capture it? My guess is that it's good friends with the Steelix, as is Skarmory.

4) Not very relevant, but what attack is Skarmory using? It sure doesn't look like the Steel Wing we saw back in Johto.

Also, I believe this is the first ep where a random unobtainable in R/S plays a BIG part in an AG ep. Oh, wait, there was Togepi... but that was in another dimension, so it's kinda a side story. And yes, I know we see unobtainables a lot in AG in the background, but this is the first time one has a main role, let alone it's name in the title!

~Zak

Osiris
26th December 2003, 05:22 AM
Let's see....

- Well, I'm 98% sure tha Ash Will Catch Torkoal.

Why? Because:

º He needs a fire Pokemon.
º Long Time since Someone (May) Catch a Pokemon (Skitty).
º The Frindship Between Torkoal and Ash in the Preview makes me think that He will get it.
º A Bizarre Preview, neves seen before (Too Much Of Everthing).

- And 68% that Brock will catch Steelix.

Why? Because:

º He needs another Steel Type, two steel and two water.
º Makes Me Think that something "ala" Bruno's Catch Will Happen (The Pokemon is very rude, fight, faint, catch).
º If no one capture Stellix it will cos troubles for ever.
º Brock's Old Onix Will Never Evolve.

JazzJazz
26th December 2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Osiris
- Well, I'm 98% sure tha Ash Will Catch Torkoal.

Why? Because:

º He needs a fire Pokemon.

He doesn't need fire! Not a fire-type, nor a pokemon with any fire-type moves... it's not as essential as everyone seems to believe!

From the preview it's hard to see who's "in the wrong"... the steel-types or torkoal? Torkoal could be invading Steel Valley, but then again the steel-types could be a bunch of bullies.

Light_Togetic
26th December 2003, 07:46 AM
I think it's very possible that Ash could catch Torkoal. I don't know about Steelix; it'll probably learn some kind of lesson and turn all nice or something...

On the other hand, I won't say that Ash will catch it for sure; I mean, there have been instances where Ash has bonded/helped wild pokemon and not gotten a capture. (Zak's previous example of the Houndour episode was perfect). Although, since Ash has caught all other pokemon, besides a few, by helping them, then the chances are very good.

Torkoal and Steelix look as if they're battling for a good reason, so why would Torkoal want to leave the place/thing it's protecting? I guess if they were just battling each other, then Torkoal might join up... There are still just too many unanswered questions left.

Kojiro
26th December 2003, 08:25 AM
Skarmory yay!

And I think Ash will get Torkoal too!

Gravy
26th December 2003, 09:06 AM
Heh, after watching the preveiw, I instanly thought to myself 'Everyone is going to go on about how Ash is going to catch Torkoal' ...boy, how wrong I..oh, wait, I was right. Never mind :P

Well, it does look like a typical capture situation, although I still have a feeling that this'll be a filler. I dunno, I just don't see Torkoal in the group, its too slow and it wouldn't take much to beat it. I mean, look how easy it was to take down Flannery's. Flip it over, and its practically useless....I like Torkoal, don't get me wrong. Its almost as good as Combusken IMO (Combusken rules :) ).

If this does turn into a filler, I think it'll most likely just be a big territorial issue.Torkoal is trying to pass through the valley, but its sloow and all the steel pokémon gang up on it. Its too slow, and can't defend itself, so Ash and co help it to get through. And of course, Steelix is the big bad guy poke who stands in their way ,so its quite possible it could be a nice filler ep with a decent plotline.

Give me strength....No old pokémon will be caught. Tis Houen...in other words, its only newer pokes that'll be captured...so that rules Steelix out. And I fail to see why anyone in the group would need it anyways. What is it with people wanting old pokémon to be captured? I'll never understand @_@...
*End ranting*

have a stammer
28th December 2003, 01:55 PM
Gravy said everything I was thinking. I will keep it short since all the things I have been thinking since I saw the clip and read the other posts Gravy already said. So here we go: Im not sure why people want old pokes to be captured, but what's worse is how people come up with the most outlandish ways of how they'll catch them, speaking of outlandish on how torkoal got there, the reason for totkoal being there is also perfectly said by gravy. And since it is the valley of STEEL one would think there would be STEEL pokemon such as steelix, skarmory and magneton. I also agree with JazzJazz he doesn't really need a fire type, even though Torkoal is my second favorite fire type, it would be a good change of pace if a fire pokemon was not added. Not really short like i wanted... i hope no one takes offense to me saying there ideas are outlandish but some ideas stray so far off and go about odd ways of how it will happen they seem to ignore the obvious simple path.

Light_Togetic
29th December 2003, 09:34 PM
Meh, I don't really think that anybody's iideas have been too outlandish... And besides, that's what's so fun about message boards; to see others' ideas! Most of the ideas so far have been about Ash and co. becoming helpful friends with Torkoal and it joining up with them because of that. That's not too ridiculous? Outlandish would be something like Ash catching Torkoal because he's the reincarnation of the Torkoal's mother. *looks at last sentence* o.O Did I really just say that?? Erm... I think I need sleep...