PDA

View Full Version : The clock's gone crackers

Crystalmaster Mike
26th December 2003, 03:36 AM
Time offset:
All times are GMT +1 hour. The time now is 09:32 AM.
Yet my clock says "18:16", a.k.a. "6:16 PM"!
Now I don't mind if the hour is incorrect by a few hours (changing the timezone will change that), but... Not only is there a 9/15 hour difference, the minutes are way off too! Does that clock randomize it self every morning or what?

Jay
26th December 2003, 03:29 PM
Eh, the vB clock is stupid. Don't rely on it for anything.

This is the second time it has screwed up in the past few months to me, but there might have been more incidents.

mistysakura
26th December 2003, 09:22 PM
Can't even get it to show the right time by going to user cp; the way it is now, it needs to be GMT+20...

Andrew
26th December 2003, 09:39 PM
Actually I find the Forums screw up for me a lot more often lately, the clocks don't work, sometimes it comes up with a white error, and more disturbingly, a large grey box appears in the "Games" Title.

And PLEASE suzie, if you decide to cull the forums and do some cleaning up, don't delete from the fiction archive. Last time someone did and the point of keeping them in there was defeated :x

Anyone remember the days of the forums being down for matienence? Good times "Are THEY BACK YET?!"

Chris
26th December 2003, 09:39 PM
It might not be vB's fault. Maybe the server clock is offset for some reason (badly configured?), in which case the vB just deals with the time it is given?

Yeah, my clock is off too.

Silver Ledian
28th December 2003, 08:45 PM
I had the same problem but everything seems to be back to normal again. My clock is fine now. :)

Sarcastic Assassin
3rd January 2004, 10:29 PM
I'm supposed to be GMT -5 (I live on the east coast), and the clock says it's 10:25. Right now, my computer says it's 11:27, so it's not biggie for me.

:)

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd January 2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Sarcastic Assassin
I'm supposed to be GMT -5 (I live on the east coast), and the clock says it's 10:25. Right now, my computer says it's 11:27, so it's not biggie for me.

:)

Yeah, my clock is like that too, I live in the Eastern Time Zone, but I have to set my clock to GMT -4:00 for the forums to display the correct time.

Silver Ledian
4th January 2004, 05:58 PM
I don't think that the vB. adjusts Daylight Savings - ie. putting the board's clock forward or back an hour - itself though.

For as long as I can remember, I've always had to do that myself. I'm GMT normally but I think when the clocks go forward, you've to adjust the TPM clock yourself...so I'm at GMT+1 atm.

shazza
13th February 2004, 10:38 PM
The clocks screw up for me sometimes, but lately it has been about a minute off.