Ice Beam
Earthquake
Rest

Breloom
Spore
Focus Punch
Mach Punch / Leech Seed / Bulk Up
Sludge Bomb

OK, I keep getting asked to change this, so here's the strategy: I use Spore, which puts the opponent to sleep. Then I use Focus Punch, which will only hit if the user doesn't get hit that turn. Seeing how my opponent will either be a) asleep, b) getting woken up with an item or something, or c) switched out, I will not be hit that turn, making Focus Punch a GOOD IDEA.

Torkoal
Flamethrower
Body Slam
Curse
Attract (it's a female)

Skarmory
Aerial Ace (my friend's an avid Double Teamer)
Spikes
Toxic
Roar

Gardevoir
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Reflect

Zangoose
Return
Shadowball
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Suggestions and ratings, if you please!

Pyrobzorz
26th December 2003, 09:02 AM
Swampert
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
???

I reckon this could do with a good ol' Mirror Coat in slot 4. Other than that, good stuff.

Breloom
Spore
Focus Punch
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb?

Nonononono. Mostly good, but FOCUS PUNCH!? You've gotta be kidding me. Give this baby Sky Uppercut and you're set to go.

Torkoal
Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
Body Slam
Curse
Attract (it's a female)

Flamethrower. Fire Blast is too inaccurate, and flamethrower has more total damage for the PP anyways. Overheat has too much of a penalty with the special attack stat. Body Slam eliminates the hinderance by speed, curse is decent, and hasn't really got a penalty what with the body slamming, and attract'll do nicely. Good job.

Skarmory
Spikes
Toxic
Roar

*nods* That's as good as any.

Gardevoir
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
???

Double team slot 4. Double team PWN's.

Zangoose
Crush Claw/Slash/Return
Shadowball
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Standard moveset, and also a good one. Enjoy your Zangoose.

Well, I suxor at teams, so feh. See what you make of my lame advice >..>

Don't Run With Scizors
26th December 2003, 09:43 AM
Swampert: The best sets I've seen with this guy have Curse on them.

Breloom: Don't bother with Sludge Bomb or Giga Drain. Instead, try for Leech Seed or Mach Punch. Protect is a viable option with Leech Seed, too. (I'm guessing Pyrobzorz is still under the impression that Focus Punch is a two-turn attack, but in fact it is a one-turn move that fails only if the user gets hit, making it useful against Roarers, hitting Pokémon on the switch-in, or if they've been put to sleep by Spore. ;))

Torkoal: Fire Blast's 85% accuracy really isn't all that bad, compared to what it makes up for in power. I'd recommend Rest on there somewhere, though.

Skarmory: If your friend tries Double Teaming, just Toxic them and let the poison do its dirty work. Or, you can lay down Spikes while they set up and Roar them away.

Gardevoir: Will-o-Wisp, all the way.

Zangoose: Go for Return.

GirlRepellant
27th December 2003, 02:47 PM
OK, updated the pokes a bit...

Is Toxic dependant on accuracy?

Still not sure on Return/Slash/Crush Claw... can someone weigh the pros and cons for me? The site I'd usually use for that is down.

Also, my Swampert is a male, so no breeding. Any good moves he can learn from leveling up/TMs?

Cromat
28th December 2003, 10:27 AM
Swampert - Earthquake, Curse, Return, Rest/Ice Beam

Breloom - Spore, Focus Punch, Mach Punch, Sludge Bomb @ Quick Claw.

Torkoal - Good.

Skarmory - OK.

Gardevoir - Will-o-Wisp over Reflect.

Zangoose - Return, Shadow Ball, Brick Break/Quick Attack, Swords Dance. Although 2 moves of the same type is usually bad, Quick Attack is good for the speed advantage, so you could OHKO fast pokemon like Alakazam and Jolteon without getting hit. If you know you're faster use Return.

GirlRepellant
28th December 2003, 01:32 PM
REPEAT: Swampert is MALE, so no breeding.

Same goes for Gardevoir and Breloom.

Pig on the Wing
29th December 2003, 05:25 PM
Swampert - seeing as your not breeding, go with Rest here. Also, why are people saying Mirror Coat??? I kept getting told to replace Mirror Coat with Roar/Rest. :(

Breloom - Go with Sky Uppercut over Focus Punch. Stun Spore over Sludge Bomb is also a possibilty.

Torkoal - Flamethrower is the better of the three.

Skarmory - I HATE them. No changes needed though.

Gardevoir - Seems good.

Zangoose - Go with Return.

Return - Power 120 when Pokemon is fully happy/STAB
Crush Claw - Power 75 always/STAB/50% chance of lowering Defense
Slash - Power 70 always/STAB/High critical hit ratio

How come everytime I posted a Zangoose with Return/Brick Break/Swords Dance/Shadow Ball wveryone always told me to change Brick Break for Quick Attack. Yet you get away with it... :(

Good team overall. Plus, I'm happy to see no sharking or legendaries. :)

GoldDraconian
29th December 2003, 06:41 PM
Swampert
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
???

Er... Protect? I don't think Swampert gets much better than that without breeding.

Breloom
Spore
Focus Punch
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb

Mach Punch over Giga Drain. I'd really recommend Leech Seed, too- you can visit the move relearner to get it without breeding.

Torkoal
Flamethrower
Body Slam
Curse
Attract (it's a female)

I suppose it works.

Skarmory
Spikes
Toxic
Roar

Sure.

Gardevoir
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Reflect

Even though it's male, nothing prevents you from grabbing a female (except the sometimes the law, depending on how you grab it) and breeding up a new Ralts with Will-O-Wisp. I know it's a pain to breed for stuff (I was about to make a joke here, but... never mind), but breeding is really necessary if you want the ideal set.

Zangoose
Crush Claw/Slash/Return
Shadowball
Brick Break
Swords Dance

I'd go with Return, because it has an unconditionally higher power (provided Zangoose is happy) rather than relying on CHs or Defense drops. Quick Attack over Brick Break might be good, too.

GirlRepellant
8th January 2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by GoldDraconian

Even though it's male, nothing prevents you from grabbing a female (except the sometimes the law, depending on how you grab it) and breeding up a new Ralts with Will-O-Wisp. I know it's a pain to breed for stuff (I was about to make a joke here, but... never mind), but breeding is really necessary if you want the ideal set.

LOL! Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and not do that, mostly out of sheer laziness. Besides, putting another status changing move on my team (like Toxic and Will-O-Wisp) would seriously deprive my ability to Spore everyone with Breloom.

I threw Rest on Swampert. I'll throw Mach Punch or Leech Seed over Giga Drain (by popular request), but I'm leaving Sludge Bomb! It's one of my favorite moves, and somebody's gotta learn it... might as well make it someone with massive attack. EDIT: What about Bulk Up for the 4th move? Spore, Focus Punch, Bulk Up, Sludge Bomb? Huh?? HUH?????

I'm using Return on Zangoose, since it gets 120 power when maxed, according to Snorlax19. How do I find out how happy it is?

Thanks everyone for you help! All I needs now is ratings!

P.S.: For Torkoal, would a better set be Flamethrower, Body Slam, Rest, Sleep Talk... or maybe Flamethrower, Amnesia, Iron Defense, ChestoResto. Any thoughts?

GoldDraconian
8th January 2004, 09:03 PM
Besides, putting another status changing move on my team (like Toxic and Will-O-Wisp) would seriously deprive my ability to Spore everyone with Breloom.

Sleep clause conveniently interferes with the "Spore everyone" idea... unless you meant "Spore anything", in which case... well, if they're Toxiced, they're dying anyway, and if you WOWed them, you hopefully crippled a physical attacker by doing so.

EDIT: What about Bulk Up for the 4th move? Spore, Focus Punch, Bulk Up, Sludge Bomb? Huh?? HUH?????

Meh... possible. I don't know that Breloom's going to have many openings to Bulk Up (since it would usually prefer to Spore or Focus Punch), and with Spore and Focus Punch as its main uses, it's not going to want to stay in play for extended periods of time, which clashes with Bulk Up.

I'm using Return on Zangoose, since it gets 120 power when maxed, according to Snorlax19. How do I find out how happy it is?

Max base power is 102, unless they've changed things without my knowledge.

I think some lady in the Pokemon Fan Club will tell you how happy it is (in Slateport), but I'm not certain. If you use a Pokemon a lot, it will probably max out its happiness pretty quickly...

P.S.: For Torkoal, would a better set be Flamethrower, Body Slam, Rest, Sleep Talk... or maybe Flamethrower, Amnesia, Iron Defense, ChestoResto. Any thoughts?

Sleep Talking might work, except that if it tries to Rest with Stalk, Rest fails (which makes sense...), making Sleep Talk pretty weak now. The second moveset looks good at first, but I don't think Torkoal has the defenses to set it up, nor do I think it will be anything more than a minor nuisance if it does. Your current moveset is probably sufficient.

MetalScyther
13th January 2004, 03:39 PM
Toxic is based on accuracy, but unless you get screwed really bad you should hit with Toxic the first few attempts. You can also just roar them away. Unless your opponent uses like a double-team magneton, I think your skarmory will be okay without Aerial Ace.

GoldDraconian
13th January 2004, 08:26 PM
Aerial Ace hardly helps Skarmory against Magneton of all things.

Tallest_Los
14th January 2004, 04:52 PM
I can't believe you people want to put Sky Uppercut over Focus Punch on a Sporing Breloom. I have that combo on my Breloom and she's a f**king machine. You don't know what you're talking about.