PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] Compact Discs

Silver Ledian
28th December 2003, 04:12 PM
Just a few little polls really ^^

EDIT: The 10+ option in the poll above really means 11+, sorry =/ And I can't change the name of the thread either...since I realised - too late - that it would have a theme.

1. What are the last 5 cd's you've bought/been given?
2. Which is your favourite tape/cd in your music collection?
3. How many cd's would you get on average, in a year?
4. Do you share music tastes with your parents?
5. What kinda stuff do they like?

----- ME:

1. The Best Of The Corrs (The Corrs), The Very Best Of Sheryl Crow (Sheryl Crow), Shoot From The Hip (Sophie Ellis-Bextor), Stacie Orrico (Stacie Orrico), Being Somebody (Liberty X).

Btw, I realise this is so different from basically everyone else on here because a lot of TPMers seem to be into different kinds of rock rather than other genres eg. pop a.k.a 'crap', to a lot of people on here XD. I respect opinions like, but blunt/sharp views are relatively poor IMO ^^;

2. False Smiles by an artist called Amy Studt. One of the few albums I've had where I've liked every single song...:)

3. This year I've actually gotten more...I'd say probably about 5 or 6 a year.

4/5. No. My dad is more into stuff from the 60's and my mum is really into her stuff from the 80's - even though there's a small age gap between them (2 years). Although my mum can easily listen to a lot of todays music, whereas my dad finds it hard to wonder how it can be liked sometimes ^^

Nuriko
28th December 2003, 04:42 PM
What are the last 5 cd's you've bought/been given?

1. Um... I think The Two Tower's soundtrack... which was around a year ago, other than that, pretty much nothing.
2. Um... that one? It's basically the only one I have, meh.
3. None. I honestly don't like CDs, and the ones I do get I never listen to... I'm not really into the music we have no,w and most of the stuff I do like is a single song from a certain artist... so I'm not going to get that artist's entire CD just to listen to that one song, to me it's quite pointless and a waste of money.
4. Not really, but my mom likes some of my music, and vice versa.
3. My mom really likes classical stuff, and singers such as Enya... and she has a Yanni obsession... >>; Some of her music is nice though, I must admit. And she'll listen to my Fianl Fantasy music. ^_^ My dad, on the other hand... meh. Hes more into older country, which I really can't stand, and he can't stand my music. (or my mom's... he says it puts him to sleep. ^^')

Yes, I know, I have weird tastes. O_o' I'm think I'm the only one here who doesn't buy CDs. x_x

Little_Pikachu
28th December 2003, 04:42 PM
The last one I bought was probably a gift for someone. The last real CD I was given was Iron Maidens "Dance of Death" album, Simon gave me it. Most the CD's I get these days tend to be copies though, I usually just download MP3's.

Probably Dance of Death, it totally rocks my socks!

About 5 these days, my friends just burn the lastest albums to CD for me because until recently I didn't have my own CD writer.

My parents prefer 60's/70's music, I like old rock/metal. They don't dislike my music, and I don't mind theirs. I actually took my mom and her friend to my favourite rock club on my 21st birthday, they both enjoyed it :)

Old people music :P

Yukitsukai
28th December 2003, 05:14 PM

1. Evanescence, Good Charlotte (x_x) Avril Lavigne (X_X!!) uh..... Britney Spears (I went for like 4 years without buying a CD, bite me) and uh..... N*Sync

2. Evanescence, I love it <3

3. 1 if I'm lucky. I usually burn them

4. Hell no. I like rock/metal, my parents like country/oldies

5. see above

Soneko
28th December 2003, 06:03 PM

1. Spirit, and the CD's for most of the Pokemon music, Michelle Branch.
2. Michelle Branch, I cant remember the name of the CD...
3. I used to get alot, now I just use Kazaa.
4. My moms basically deaf when it comes to music, and my dad likes some things I like and some things I think are okay, and some that I hate. At least he doesnt like rap.
5. My mom likes anything... my dad likes rock mainly, from what I know. Music from the 80s or something.

mistysakura
28th December 2003, 08:46 PM
Um... counting my burned ones, there's Christina Aguilera's Stripped, LeAnn Rimes' Twisted angel, Delta Goodrem's Innocent Eyes, and two Cantonese ones. Yep, I listen to pop...

Probably Stripped, it's got good songs (although I think that LeAnn Rimes and Delta Goodrem actually sing better... but whatever.)

Around 4, including burned ones.

No... not really. They don't mind my stuff, though.

Cantonese stuff. Mainly pop/oldies.

Crystal Mew
28th December 2003, 11:10 PM
1. Hmmm, my friend recently gave me 4 Nsync cds o____0; I don't even know why.... XD and I got the RoTK soundtrack for christmas

2. all the LoTR most def 8)

3. like 1 at the most...this has been a good year, I got like 6 =)

4. Not even...except maybe the LoTR soundtracks...

5. Oldies, christian, and old rock o-o;

Syberia
29th December 2003, 12:39 AM
1) I got about that many for Christmas, let's see if I can name them all off the top of my head...

Linkin Park - Live in Texas
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected?
System of a Down (self-titled one)
That's only 4, but the last one I bought before that was All Killer No Filler by Sum 41.

2) Probably Linkin Park/Cold.

3) Well, that was 5 right there, I'll probably get about that many for my birthday, and I'll inevitably buy a few before next year.

4) No. They think what I listen to is not music, and I think the same of them.

5) The Beatles.

en0miz
29th December 2003, 11:01 AM
This is a good question, considering that I usually buy the 3 dollar bootleg copies on the street. xD Let's see... Jay Z: Black Album (bootleg), Da Band: Too Hot for TV, Outkast: Speakerboxx/Love Below, RnB mix CD, and Best of Biggie (bootleg).

My favorite CD right now is Jay Z's Black Album and that's only because I'm listening to it right now. xD I usually CDs that have a lot of songs that I like, so I'm not dissapointed.

Since bootlegs are so cheap, about 10-20 CDs. About 2-5 would be real copies.

Sorta. oo; They both like rap a little, my dad more than my mom.

My dad is into funk, old school, rap, and soul. My mom likes gospel, soul, old RnB, and whatever type of music they played in her time. She also listens to some rap, just because her kids listen to it. :B

midnightangel
29th December 2003, 12:15 PM
Totally Hits 2003, NOW 14, Yu-Gi-Oh! Vocal Duel, The Best Of InuYasha, and an InuYasha instrumental CD (Last three are Japanese CDs)

Has to be NOW 14....has the right mix of top 40 hits. One of my favorites along with NOW 12 and 9

Around 5, maybe 6. Depends on what's being released at the time.

Heck no....Yuck :P

My father (when he was living) liked 60s rock, and my mom was more into the country music. All the old stuff *shudders*

Cheesey
29th December 2003, 10:32 PM
Um. o_o Evanescence: Fallen, Green Day: International Superhits, and some other CDs... Really, I hardly ever get CDs so it's almost impossible for me to list them. X_x

Probably Fallen right now, or one of my Metallica albums, or something. O_o;;

About.. uh.. 1. XD

No, not really.

They like classical stuff mostly, but sometimes me mum listens to the Mavericks or Shania Twain or Dido or something, which isn't as bad. ^^;

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
30th December 2003, 01:25 AM

1.) Can't really remember exactly, I get so many each year. But I guess it was Best of Michael Jackson, "Barfuss oder Lackschuh" by Harald Juhnke, Best of **** Robin, Best of Rod Stewart and "No Hats Beyond this Point" by Men Without Hats.

2.) That always changes. I like my Best of Nik Kershaw and Billy Idol CDs quite a bit and listen to them often. But there are several others too.

3.) I'd say 10 to 15.

4.) Not really, they fancy the stuff they listened to when they were young.

5.) My late father was into classic and 60s folklore music and my mother is into 60s folklore too and some 50s to 70s pop.

Agent Elrond
30th December 2003, 05:08 PM

Soundtracks for; Pirates of the Carribean, (yay) Gladiator, (yay) and Return of the King (yahoooo!) and a few John Tams CDs.

Depends on what mood I'm in. But I really like movie soundtracks; Spirited Away, The Fellowship of the King (TTT too) Princess Mononoke etc.

3-5, Depends on how many movies with good music come out.

Sort of. I can stand heavy metal, they can't.

Mom likes classical, Mozart, Beethoven, Mendelsson, Bach, etc. Dad likes, uh... computers?

Royal_Goddess_Tina
30th December 2003, 09:04 PM
- Some India CD which I already had (gotta return it), some Arabic one, Sean Paul, Hillary Duff (for my sis), and ummmm... maybe ummmmmm... I don't know... I forget...

-Ummmm.... Probably one by the "Tea Party"...

- 7 to 8

-Sometimes...

-dad: country, old rock...
-mom: pop, rock, rap, and old nasty stuff... When she gets the Ellton John or Dan Hill stuff going, let's just say I'm instantly outa the room...

RpGeR
31st December 2003, 05:25 AM

Programs

My Burned Ones

150+

Heck no

BlueGrass

Deus Mortuorum
2nd January 2004, 04:17 PM
1. Metallica - St. Anger
Metallica - Master of Puppets
System of a Down - System of a Down
System of a Down - Steal This Album!
New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones

2. Master of Puppets/Steal This Album!

3. 4 or 5...

4. Yeah, my dad got me into it XP He's more into the classic stuff but listens to some of the same stuff I do.

AntiAsh Superstar
7th January 2004, 07:48 AM
1. The Used - The Used, A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step, No Fun At All - EP's: Going Steady, Anathema - A Natural Disaster, Idlewild - The Remote Part.

2. Hmm, prolly AFI's Sing the Sorrows, has to be one of the best albums released for a while.

3. About 20 or so that have been bought, there's so many CDs that I still need to own!

4. Yeah, my mum's a punk who never grew up, she's still in love with bands such as the Sex Pistols and The Ramones.

5. See above. Also I often get her into other rock bands (much to my annoyance, I want my Billy Talent album back, and I only get to listen to NIN once in a blue moon now!)

Leon-IH
8th January 2004, 08:03 AM
1. Frankenchrist (dead kennedy's), Demolition Pumpkin Squeeze Music (DJ Qbert, best scratcher alive), The Black Album (Metallica), Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd, best band ever), and Run Come Save Me (Roots Manuva)

2. err, Wish you were here - pink floyd

3. probably 5-10

4/5. well, i actually do, my mum is isn't metal and older styles of rock and thats my kind of area too, my dad likes classical which i can relate too, strangely.

Glalie
8th January 2004, 11:15 AM
I buy an average of 5-6 a year, but sometimes more, sometimes less.

mr_pikachu
9th January 2004, 11:15 AM

1. Oh, geez... um... *thinks deeply* ...well, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all Pokemon CDs... :D
2. Probably Pokemon 1st and 2nd Movies. 3rd isn't bad, though. Now that I think of it, it's been awhile since I listened to "2B A Master"... :D
3. Probably one or two, give or take.
4. Somewhat. I can stand their music, and even enjoy it to a point. They hate all of my music, Pokemon or otherwise.
5. 70's stuff, Celine Dion, and Kenny G.

Pichu
9th January 2004, 11:59 AM

Um... Pokémon 2000 Soundtrack. xD ... I had to buy it from Internet. xD

*points at 1*

0-1

No.

Old stuff. xP