PDA

View Full Version : Demons in Pencil

Agent Elrond
28th December 2003, 04:48 PM
Hello, I'm back. Just in case you didn't guess I had been kidnapped by my parents and dragged off to my aunts for Christmas. Ha ha, it was actually quite fun, but it meant I had to wait to post these until we got back...

Which is now!

These two drawings were done almost exactly a year apart, I like them both, and am particularly proud of the lighting in this first one.

Oh yes, I should intoduce you, the big tall red and black demon is Adric Mirdore. The boy's name is Eon Arellsan, they are characters from a novel I wrote, and for spoiler reasons I can't tell you much more.

Actually, I can. Adric is a fire demon, all those scale things on his arms and hanging off his head can open up and spit fire. Adric is special becuase he cannot be harmed by water, as most other fire demons are. He can also change his skin color, which often reflect whatever emotions are going through him. But, being a demon, you can't really tell how he's feeling by what color he is, becuase demon emotions don't work like our's.

Sorry if that bored you, here's the pic:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Soneko
28th December 2003, 04:52 PM
I really liketh. It reminds me of Harry Potter, and the style of drawing there. The boy is drawn very well, I like the pants. And the demon is very cool looking. I like the lamp light on the tree, it looks very cool. Mainly I love the coloring and shading, it really resembles Harry Potter's drawings (or maybe not, it might be what I imagine they should look like, heh..). Anyhow, its very well done. I really liketh.

Agent Elrond
28th December 2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks Shidorah, I'm glad you think it's rather Harry Potter - esque, as the story it's from is a bit of a H.P. send up. (Very different at the same time though.) And I was trying to capture the same kind of feeling as Mary Grandpre's art. (Love Mary Grandpre. 8))

This one isn't from any definite story yet, but the character is one I plan to use in the future. I did just this month so you can see how my work has changed in one year. (Not much.) This picture is actually set in the Demonic Plane (different from the one in D&D) which is why the landscape is so weird.

The demon herself is called Fairig. Which is not her real name, but that is what people call her. She is a bit of a proto sphinx, and a counter balance to everything that is orderly and neat. Anything can happen when Fairig is around, and usually will.

With this drawing I was trying to get a contrast between the cold white moon light, and the yellowgold firelight. There is also some other light source coming from the behind and to the right of the viewer. I'm not sure what this is, maybe some other light demon. Anyway, Fairig is a manifestation of chaos, so logic is thown out the window whenever I draw her. It's a lot of fun. :D

Susan_Rocket
28th December 2003, 05:23 PM
Eon Arellsan

Really nice work! The colours are just awesome. So is the background, it looks really realistic (or how do you spell that?) even the shadows and the light is perfectly timed.

Fairig

*looks sideways* It's...wow :o really really cool 8) It makes me think of a Absol. Say, by any chance. Can it be a Absol evolution? Because of the chaos? :P I wonder what that buildingthingy is in the background, tough

It's truly breathtaking :yes:

Bjarni Haraldur Sigfússon
29th December 2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Agent Elrond
Hello, I'm back. Just in case you didn't guess I had been kidnapped by my parents and dragged off to my aunts for Christmas. Ha ha, it was actually quite fun, but it meant I had to wait to post these until we got back...

Which is now!

These two drawings were done almost exactly a year apart, I like them both, and am particularly proud of the lighting in this first one.

Oh yes, I should intoduce you, the big tall red and black demon is Adric Mirdore. The boy's name is Eon Arellsan, they are characters from a novel I wrote, and for spoiler reasons I can't tell you much more.

Actually, I can. Adric is a fire demon, all those scale things on his arms and hanging off his head can open up and spit fire. Adric is special becuase he cannot be harmed by water, as most other fire demons are. He can also change his skin color, which often reflect whatever emotions are going through him. But, being a demon, you can't really tell how he's feeling by what color he is, becuase demon emotions don't work like our's.

Sorry if that bored you, here's the pic:

Hmm, let me see:
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/attachment.php?postid=392510

Here I go:
This is really nice work! :yes: I love those characters! I like this light! This looks like alein! Yeah, and boy sitting on a chair! But there are light on this tree! Maybe it's somewhere in the pokémon world, but maybe not! Really nice work! So it's dark, fantastic work! You're billiard arter! That I don't like on this picture is.....I don't know! Really nice work! I love this art! Keep it up! ;)

Agent Elrond
29th December 2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Susan_Rocket
Fairig

*looks sideways* It's...wow :o really really cool 8) It makes me think of a Absol. Say, by any chance. Can it be a Absol evolution? Because of the chaos? :P I wonder what that buildingthingy is in the background, tough

It's truly breathtaking :yes:

Thanks for the compliments, and yes, Fairig could be made into a evo for Absol. Actually, she would be a Dark/Flying poke, and her Pokemon name would be Absama. (Abu, from Abusooru, and Sama meaning princely knight, etc.)

B.H.S:

Yeah, I guess my demons could be seen as sort of alien like. They are demons after all!

I have another penicl drawing here, done over a year ago, but it's sort of in the same realm. It's a picutre of a Mazarael a kind of Forest Protector. Oh yes, the cute little Pikachuesque creature and the lower right corner is a Rokodama, they are very cute and cuddly, but they also shoot death rays out of the gem in their forheads. Not nice at all.

And yes, Mazarael's face was inspired by Kaonashi from Spirited Away. Tee hee.

Dragonfree
29th December 2003, 06:53 PM
They all look really good. The first picture is somehow depressing. Guess it's the way you shade. Fairig is my personal favorite, for some reason I didn't think of Absol when I first looked at the picture, but as soon as Susan_Rocket mentioned an Absol evolution, they suddenly look strikingly familiar. Mazarel freaks me out o.O

Lynx Wolverina
2nd January 2004, 06:51 AM
Oh, I FAINT

Thats amazing. excuse my poor english vocabulary, I would tell what i think If I knew the right words. Mwaaah....I wnat to be better than you....Its just wonderful, i love the first one the most.
Its so...venetian red. Thats my fave colour.

What about a picture for me, some time?