PDA

View Full Version : Fave kinds of anime?

Red Angel
5th January 2003, 11:42 PM
<points at topic>

Yup... that's the question... let me elaborate... what kind of anime do you like, and why?

(does anyone think I'm posting too much?)

Me... I personally like two kinds of anime... really deep, emotionally involved stuff such as Neon Genesis Evangelion... you know, action-y on the outside, thought-provoking and deep on the inside... I'm looking forward to watching some Serial Experiments Lain at some point...

However, watching this stuff really depresses me sometimes, so I usually try to watch something "fun" afterwards... I dunno, Slayers looks good, or perhaps Chobits... lighthearted, silly anime does wonders for a bad day...

So what are you opinions?

...mods, if this kind of topic has been beatten to death with an ugly stick already, you're welcome to close this...

Rocketlex
6th January 2003, 02:51 PM
I tend to go for Action/comedy ones, with more emphasis on Comedy. Tenchi Universe is a perfect example of anime I like.

Darkmaster Kagemusha
6th January 2003, 07:07 PM
I like Comedy/Actions as well, the Tenchi series' are awsome (Except Tenchi in Tokyo) and Inuyasha is good too. Also I like more serious Action Animes like Outlaw Star (Which can also be comedy at times) and Cowboy Bebop. I've pretty much given up on the Fighter animes like Dragonball/Z, and you can thank FUNimation for that. Gr....

Haruko
6th January 2003, 07:32 PM
I like-

Dark Animes(Emotional..)-Digimon Frontier(If you can count that)(Japanese Version..Duh).

Action with Comedy-Inyuasha(Yeah..I count that as one..),Tenchi Muyo
Action-Outlaw Star..Yu Yu Haksho(Can't spell it right..Darn thee..)

Roarkiller
6th January 2003, 07:34 PM
Anything from Ghbli is my cup of tea.

I aint picky, although some anime seriously makes me puke, like this anime (forgot title) bout 3 teenage girls being made into warriors or smthng and needing to save the queen. If u ask me, its a lot like power rangers, with their monsters running amok. *shudders*

Hmm, SEL. I've yet to buy it, cuz i need cash for TCG cards coming out soon, a Discman, some CDs, bla bla... but i'll buy it soon.

PlatinumHawke
6th January 2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I aint picky, although some anime seriously makes me puke, like this anime (forgot title) bout 3 teenage girls being made into warriors or smthng and needing to save the queen. If u ask me, its a lot like power rangers, with their monsters running amok. *shudders*

BAH!! That was Magic Knights Rayearth, ie one of CLAMPs first big anime/manga projects, and one of the main reasons I've turned into such a big shoujo anime freak.

And speaking of Shoujo, this is the best anime genre around. As Piro of MegaTokyo said "All of life's lessons can be learned from Shoujo manga."

EngiMatikul
6th January 2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by PlatinumHawke
BAH!! That was Magic Knights Rayearth, ie one of CLAMPs first big anime/manga projects, and one of the main reasons I've turned into such a big shoujo anime freak.

And speaking of Shoujo, this is the best anime genre around. As Piro of MegaTokyo said "All of life's lessons can be learned from Shoujo manga."

Heck Ya, go Shoujo! My type of anime as well. ^-^ Shoujo/Comedy/Romance, though when I watch Romance its usually because there's comedy in it; I'm actually not too fond of the Romantic part. :/

Hey, Red Angel, isn't what you just posted like... every genre of Anime ever made? Save the boring romance anime that I only come accross a couple of times? :/

Violence = Nono. :P

Roarkiller
7th January 2003, 07:28 AM
*raises hand* Uh, my channel showed, uh, the dub version, and uh, u know, umm, it really stinks, so, umm, yeah.

I also happen to find the dub of slayers kinda sickening. Btw, i got nothing against shoujo stuff, im recently into them, juz so u know.

Red Angel
7th January 2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by EngiMatikul

Hey, Red Angel, isn't what you just posted like... every genre of Anime ever made? Save the boring romance anime that I only come accross a couple of times? :/

Hmmm... not really... here's also fighting (DBZ, Ultimate Muscle), tournament/"catch 'em all"/coughnoideawhattocallthisgenrecough (Pokemon, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh), sports (Slam Dunk, Flying Itto (soccer series, spelling is prob. wrong), and overly cute ones... (can't think of any... wait... Hello Kitty, Hamtaro), and also Miyazaki (stuff done by Hayao Miyazki, which I consider it's own genre)... wait... I'm gonna add Miyazaki's stuff to my fave anime up there...

Originally posted by Roarkiller

I also happen to find the dub of slayers kinda sickening.

It's not that bad... I've seen it... although the Japanese voices are better, and Lina's english voice is just... ewww... <shrudder>

GoldenDragonite
12th January 2003, 09:59 PM
I also like the action/comedy animes (Yu Yu Hakusho is good)

I haven't seen too many romance anime's, but I'm sure I would like them.

Otaku
18th January 2003, 07:29 PM
Shoujo & Mecha & :o (can I say that?) just kidding. I'm really into the Eva series & Real Bout High School (the manga). So that's all. :o :o :o