PDA

View Full Version : bring it on, can u prove to me everyone why YOU'RE fav't game is the best

ultimate zapdos
30th December 2003, 08:38 PM
prove it punk, bring down virtual on.
ill post a reason later.
reason- i mean the arcade version, nothing beats the twin sticks, nothing. and the graphics blow me away, this games graphics still hold up years later.
the afterburner arcade game looks cool but ive never played it...

Mewfour
30th December 2003, 08:57 PM
Viewtiful Joe: Cel-shaded oldskool 2D Sidescroller beat-em-up with time and space controlling powers. What's NOT to like?

Lezta
31st December 2003, 07:38 AM
Zapdos, why do you always post unifinished topics?

You always seem to 'finish it later'. Why can't you wait until it's finished and THEN post...?

The Muffin Man
31st December 2003, 10:22 AM
It's awfully...Mysterious...a someone named after a large bird. One might say, a chicken, even...

*rubs chin*UZ, can you dance?

anyway. Earthbound. Don't bother trying.

Lezta
31st December 2003, 01:00 PM
He might be able to dance, but can he... HIDE THINGS?

Bah. Best game ever? Civilisation. Why? Because I can nuke the hell out of everybody, then watch all the governments of the world try and rebuild their shattered empires. Hehe.

Then global warming ****s me over thanks to all the pollution my nukes gave out. Woo.

DarkTemplarZ
31st December 2003, 03:01 PM
GTA Vice City is the best. No game in existance has more replay value, people have been playing it for the last year and still aren't tired of it. For the average non-gamer, it's simple to play and extremely fun (Murdering mindlessly, burning people alive, and running like hell from the Army and FBI while listening to people saying stupid stuff on the radio. Hellz ya). You don't even need to get involved in the missions to enjoy it. For the obsessed gaming freak, the environment is huge, the game has the best sound of any game out there (Don't remember how many classic 80's songs they have, 50+ I think, plus 3 original ones. Not to mention the talk shows), and has a bigger assortment of weapons than any first person shooter or any other game.

ultimate zapdos
31st December 2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Venusaur99
Zapdos, why do you always post unifinished topics?

You always seem to 'finish it later'. Why can't you wait until it's finished and THEN post...?

i have a crappy connection, it crashes every couple minutes. I have to post in parts:(

ultimate zapdos
31st December 2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
It's awfully...Mysterious...a someone named after a large bird. One might say, a chicken, even...

*rubs chin*UZ, can you dance?

anyway. Earthbound. Don't bother trying.
hey!!!
yes i can dance, but i've never done the chicken dance.

Laz-E-Boy
2nd January 2004, 03:18 PM
Sonic 3 w/ Sonic and Knuckles was PIMP. Come one, Hyper Sonic, Hyper Knuckles, Super Tails, battling Robotnik while flying thorugh space, how the hell can you beat this???

TeleFox
3rd January 2004, 02:45 AM
Hell yeah, S3 + S&K was mean. I still play my original Sonic 3 from time to time, but I wish I had S&K too.
An old friend of mine used to have it; maybe I should pay him a visit...
when he's not home...
and there's a dorr or window conveniently unlocked...

*ahem*

Civilisation 's another classy title, I used to play the original on the old family 286; that's 286 KHz btw, a Gig of anything back then was pure myth.
It was especially fun if you went into the game files and messed around with the dialogue sequences ^-~

soggy_cardboard
4th January 2004, 02:51 AM
Mine is either CrashTeamRacing, or Tekken 3.

These are my favs, cause they have long replay value:yes:

Drago
4th January 2004, 03:04 AM
I've got a lot of favourite games, but a lot of them are more of a me thing. Toejam & Earl, TMNT, Bubsy...
Although, there was always the excitement surrounding Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2.

Simply put, your Pokemon on the big screen. It was either Pokemon Stadium... or the Super Game Boy for SNES. *er-hem* I was immediately given a reason to stuff my Pogeys silly with Rare Candies, and upload 'em to Stadium. And although I lost the first battle miserably (and every other subsequent battle until I got a new team), I kept on trying. I mean, there's a whole lot of things to do, especially in PS2, where you're provided with an entire library full of tidbits. How can you not like what you've been provided? In both Stadiums, you were given the opportunity to see your little gaffers in full 3D glory, and its obviously quite incredible when compared with the Game Boy.
It does the same thing that Hey You, Pikachu! did for little kids. It gives them the chance to see all their hard work in a more believable state, and breathes a whole new life into their creations. It's like the Ernie Hudson way of bringing your family together, if you're into that sort of thing.
Renting Celebi, battling Ash (in a team that excludes Pikachu, thankfully), and a Pokemon Centre that makes organising all your Pokemon incredibly easy. Need I go on?

There may be games with more to do, more to see, and more to experience, but few that recreate the sense of giving something a new life.

And furthermore, it gives everyone without a Link Cable a chance to shut up the 7 year old with the 'unbeatable' Charizard. That gives me a Merry Christmas.

The Muffin Man
4th January 2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ultimate zapdos
hey!!!
yes i can dance, but i've never done the chicken dance.

Can you hide things?

Anyway, speaking of "unbeatables", Drago...Some kid at the TCG league actually had the nerve to cheat during a Stadium 2 tourney back when it first came out(You know, when I was still alright at GSC x.x)...He had 6 Celebis, with BADLY sharked attacks(Psywave, Psybeam, Confusion, etc.) and what did I use?
Houndoom. One Houndoom. I took damage from, I think, Mega Drain and that's it. That's right. MEGA Drain...

Drago
5th January 2004, 05:23 AM
lmao, I love kids. I could just picture the reaction after you slaughtered him.

Nowhere near the league of fun-ness of that case, but I can recall taking on a kid with a Dragonite with Hyper Beam, Wing Attack, Dragon Rage and Substitute. And he laughed when I chose Jynx. Ahh, simpler times...

Now that I'm on the theme of Pokemon games, actually, I can recall a whole load of good memories from sad opponents. And indeed, the Stadiums set a brilliant stage for their inevitable loss.
Damn, the list for Stadium fun just don't seem to end. Can't wait for Collesseum.

The Muffin Man
5th January 2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by DragoKnight
lmao, I love kids. I could just picture the reaction after you slaughtered him.

Nowhere near the league of fun-ness of that case, but I can recall taking on a kid with a Dragonite with Hyper Beam, Wing Attack, Dragon Rage and Substitute. And he laughed when I chose Jynx. Ahh, simpler times...

Now that I'm on the theme of Pokemon games, actually, I can recall a whole load of good memories from sad opponents. And indeed, the Stadiums set a brilliant stage for their inevitable loss.
Damn, the list for Stadium fun just don't seem to end. Can't wait for Collesseum.

yeah me either. Funny/obnoxious thing is we KNOW he stole my cards. Because he was caught running from where I found a mix of a bunch of our decks stashed away, AND he tried to steal an entire plastic case of DBZ cards. And even STILL his mother defended him. And he was caught RED HANDED.