View Full Version : [GSC] rmt

Lugia's_Master
1st January 2004, 07:59 AM
Meganium @ miracle seed

razor leaf/giga drain
synthesis
body slam
earthquake

meganium doesn't need leftovers cos he has synthesis and grass moves are fairly weak naturally

Dragonite @ leftovers

outrage
ice beam
thunderbolt
wing attack

dragons are popular with my friends so i like outrage

Tyranitar @ leftovers

earthquake
rock slide/ancient power
crunch
fire blast

he doesn't have a huge special attack so is fire blast good?

Starmie @ twisted spoon

psychic
surf
thunderbolt
recover

my only psychic so i wanted his psy move to be really powerful, => twisted spoon

Arcanine @ leftovers

flamethrower
extreme speed
bite
sunny day

dunno about bite and sunny day, i thought about rest and sleep talk/snore - advice plz

I haven't decided on my last slot - i thought maybe scyther/scizor (ps. which is better? i heard they have the same stats). if so can i have a moveset

Number1ChanseyFan
1st January 2004, 10:23 AM
Meganium-Your Meganium moveset is more like a sweeper moveset, and that isn't really Meganium's best role. Meganium is better off as an annoyer/support Pokémon that can attack if needed. You may want to consider a moveset like this. And also, just because a Pokémon has a recovery move, that doesn't make Leftovers worthless or unnecessary or anything. Leftovers will still be more beneficial then Miracle Seed.

Meganium

Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Light Screen
Synthesis
@Leftovers.

Dragonite-I really don't recommend Outrage. Keep it if you want, but there are better choices out there!! :) You could replace it with Thunder Wave. The rest of the moveset is good.

Tyranitar-288 max Special Attack stat is pretty good. Whether or not you want Flamethrower or Fire Blast on Tyranitar is pretty much your choice. People use both. It just depends on your preference between power and accuracy. Either move will work, I prefer Flamethrower for the accuracy. Also, go with Rock Slide instead of AncientPower.

Starmie-Fine, bt I would still go with Leftovers. ;)

Arcanine-Sunny Day is good, but I wouldn't use Bite. Maybe replace it with Substitute. Other moves are pretty good.

As for Scyther/Scizor, they both have the same HP, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Total stats. Scizor has a better Attack and Defense stat, while Scyther has a much better Speed stat.

Scyther

Wing Attack
HP Bug/HP Rock
Swords Dance
Agility
@Leftovers.

Scizor

Swords Dance
Return/Double-Edge
Wing Attack
HP Bug/HP Rock/Agility
@Leftovers.

Out of Scyther/Scizor, go with Scizor. Your team already has 2x weaknesses to Ice and Rock types, and adding a Scyther to your team would give you 3x Ice and Rock weaknesses.

Overall: Your team has a 3x weakness to Bug types. (Meganium, Tyranitar, and Starmie.) Basically, the biggest problem would be Heracross, because of it's Megahorn move. Actually, a Heracross could fit in nicely as your last Pokémon.

Heracross

Megahorn
Earthquake
Sleep Talk
Rest
@Leftovers.

Strider
2nd January 2004, 12:45 AM
To cover that bug weakness, I'd suggest getting a counter... perhaps Ho-Oh somewhere? If you'd like to use that, then this set is an option:

Sacred Fire
Earthquake
Recover
Thunderbolt/Whirlwind
@Leftovers

If not, then the Scizor you're thinking about is another option. Use N1CF's set, except with Steel Wing in over Wing Attack, or something.

Second, I suggest replacing Extremespeed on Arcy with Return and Bite with Crunch. If you're going to keep Sunny Day, I'd suggest replacing Flamethrower with Fire Blast. Either that, or you could use:

Body Slam
Attract
Substitute
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
@leftovers

For the rest of the team, follow Number1ChanseyFan's suggestions.